2014 Fitness

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    He lives in the gym.

Stokes: stay at 10% dude. It is so much better. I was at between 4 and 6% body fat for two years. It was horrible to maintain that. 10% keeps you looking fine and not feeling terrible.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

Hit 7% while personal training in college. I was absolutely miserable and I felt like ****, except when I was at the beach. 10-12% is my happy place. Don't get hung up on a number, judge by the mirror and your overall energy/mental well being.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Hit 7% while personal training in college. I was absolutely miserable and I felt like ****, except when I was at the beach. 10-12% is my happy place. Don't get hung up on a number, judge by the mirror and your overall energy/mental well being.

What are ya at right now?

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans

Unless you're competing in bb competitions, I think 10-12 is pretty much ideal, for sanity and appearance. Start to get really vascular <7%. I feel like I'm pretty much stuck at 10% no matter what I do though, so I may be biased

headshot

Mentally Hilarious
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Gonzales LA
    T-25 is awesome! It does the job in just 25 minutes. I had to start supplementing with the weights because it was getting me leaner than I like.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Down 32 pounds since 10/13.

JR1572

Attaboy! Keep it up!

I resumed my workouts two weeks ago and have been muscling up. My buddies and I are going to start training for the 8 hour adventure race in July as well!

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Down 32 pounds since 10/13.

JR1572

:hi5: Man that's awesome! What have you been doing to get those kind of results?

T-25 is awesome! It does the job in just 25 minutes. I had to start supplementing with the weights because it was getting me leaner than I like.

Mine should be in tomorrow. I have Insanity, but trying to find 45 minutes to an hour everyday is nearly impossible with work, the family, and CPA prep. I'm hoping I can stay motivated enough with this one since its such shorter workouts. Hopefully it'll be the catalyst to a complete lifestyle change. I'm currently 5' 11" and 180 lbs. I don't mine staying this weight if I could just tone up a little.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    :hi5: Man that's awesome! What have you been doing to get those kind of results?

I completely changed my diet. I stay away from fast food and all fried food. I drink only water, no more soft drinks. My two favorite fast food places are Subway and Smoothie King. I also substitute using wheat products and stay away from cheese.

It was hard at first, but now it's routine.

As far as working out, I just started running, doing sit ups and doing push ups. I don't have time to go to the gym so I do it at home.

I'm not looking to get all swole, just slim down and get leaner.

JR1572

Last edited:

headshot

Mentally Hilarious
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Gonzales LA

Mine should be in tomorrow. I have Insanity, but trying to find 45 minutes to an hour everyday is nearly impossible with work, the family, and CPA prep. I'm hoping I can stay motivated enough with this one since its such shorter workouts. Hopefully it'll be the catalyst to a complete lifestyle change. I'm currently 5' 11" and 180 lbs. I don't mine staying this weight if I could just tone up a little.

Oh this is exactly what you need. Just turn it on as soon as you get in from work... No excuses... Trim you up in a couple weeks. I've completed insanity twice and T-25 gives me the same results in half the time. GOOD LUCK!

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    My wife just started doing the T25 thing after getting cleared by her doctor (just had a baby). She loves it so far.

I went up 10lbs on my deadlifts this morning and my back hates me.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Up to 157 lbs from 135 lbs in August, putting back about 4500 cal/day. Thinking I'll be able to hit 170 easily by the end of June

You are right where I am at. How tall are you? I am not pulling in dearly 4500 calories per day though. What's your protein intake?

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    You are right where I am at. How tall are you? I am not pulling in dearly 4500 calories per day though. What's your protein intake?

A bit under 6'. The only macro's I track are a meal replacement shake (800 cal, 68g protein), 3/4 gallon whole milk (1800 cal, 96g protein), and a protein/dextrose shake (300 cal, 50g protein). So a little over 200g a day without factoring in whatever I eat for lunch/dinner. Looking at those numbers, I should probably cut or at least half the protein shake, but it's my postworkout and kind of like the broscience of the insulin spike/proteins right after working out. Would rather have a little more than needed/useful than a little less anyway. Are you trying to bulk as well?

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I completely changed my diet. I stay away from fast food and all fried food. I drink only water, no more soft drinks. My two favorite fast food places are Subway and Smoothie King. I also substitute using wheat products and stay away from cheese.

It was hard at first, but now it's routine.

As far as working out, I just started running, doing sit ups and doing push ups. I don't have time to go to the gym so I do it at home.

I'm not looking to get all swole, just slim down and get leaner.

JR1572

These two places are not as healthy as you think they are. Subway isn't real meat and Smoothie King is LOADED with sugar.

http://www.smoothieking.com/smoothies/nutritional-chart.php?sort=sugar

SubwaySandwiches.jpg

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    A bit under 6'. The only macro's I track are a meal replacement shake (800 cal, 68g protein), 3/4 gallon whole milk (1800 cal, 96g protein), and a protein/dextrose shake (300 cal, 50g protein). So a little over 200g a day without factoring in whatever I eat for lunch/dinner. Looking at those numbers, I should probably cut or at least half the protein shake, but it's my postworkout and kind of like the broscience of the insulin spike/proteins right after working out. Would rather have a little more than needed/useful than a little less anyway. Are you trying to bulk as well?

I am trying to "bulk" but not just get big...I am more on getting cut right now. I am working on getting stronger more than anything. So food wise it means a decent protein intake, creatine, and slightly less carbs than before. One more week of that and then I am going to work really hard on getting bigger for About 5 weeks. After that I need to start running and getting ready for my race (so I will cut body fat and maybe a little muscle). All of that will get me looking nice for beach weather!!

I am around 150 right now but am only 5 ft 7.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    These two places are not as healthy as you think they are. Subway isn't real meat and Smoothie King is LOADED with sugar.

http://www.smoothieking.com/smoothies/nutritional-chart.php?sort=sugar

SubwaySandwiches.jpg

The turkey and chicken at subway isn't real? You mean it's just a figment of my imagination? I drink small Lean One and Firm and Burn smoothies, they appear to have low sugar according to the chart.

Thanks for the help redstickchick, but I will continue to do what's working for me.

JR1572

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    The turkey and chicken at subway isn't real? You mean it's just a figment of my imagination? I drink small Lean One and Firm and Burn smoothies, they appear to have low sugar according to the chart.

Thanks for the help redstickchick, but I will continue to do what's working for me.

JR1572

If I am getting fast food, I ensure that it is properly delicious and unhealthy. I always get something with ice cream, peanut butter, and lots of chocolate!

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

Top Bottom