.223 at 600 yards looking for feedback on my curent build

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Hey, don't forget those of us that shoot .223 in F-TR, too. Although my barrel is 1:6.5 twist. :)

Looks like you guys did well at Perry this year.

I was just going to give him an opportunity to really learn how to shoot. :dogkeke:

Perry was good this year. I finished 34th in the President's Match - 1st round in the X ring at 600. Felt really good.

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    Decide on a price range and then start looking into the most bang for your buck. I have a Nightforce on my bolt .223, a Nikon Monarch on my match AR and a Leupold on my FPR Grendel.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    DZ, does it cost to come out to palo to watch?

Yes. Quite a bit actually. If you come watch, we will invite you to shoot, even if it is only a few rounds. If you shoot, you will start to spend money. It is how we hook the newbies. :D

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    I was just going to give him an opportunity to really learn how to shoot. :dogkeke:

Perry was good this year. I finished 34th in the President's Match - 1st round in the X ring at 600. Felt really good.

Hahaha! Yeah I hear ya. But you got that big old X ring to shoot at. Btw- took 2nd in FTR today out of 18. Not bad for a .223 against them .308's. Missed a Master score by 1 point.

I followed you guys as much as I could and appeared to be one of the best years for the Louisiana contingency.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I want to thank everyone for all the feed back. Yes you are right it's better to ask first but oh well lessen learned. I also am not going to start nitpicking my rifle before I get the chance to put lead down range. Need to see where I stand first. This post was more a question about ammo than anything else. I will be coming out to PA this next weekend to start geting in on the fun at least watching.

I still don't any idea about optics. So in the spirit of asking first, anyone want to put in there opinion pls speak up!

No nit picking on the rifle. Your set-up will work just fine.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Hahaha! Yeah I hear ya. But you got that big old X ring to shoot at. Btw- took 2nd in FTR today out of 18. Not bad for a .223 against them .308's. Missed a Master score by 1 point.

I followed you guys as much as I could and appeared to be one of the best years for the Louisiana contingency.

If you think that X-ring is so big, leave the artificial support at home.

Congratulations on the shooting today.

We shot really well in the team match. AKajun whipped my ass. Other than the team match, I picked up another President's medal and a Gold in the National Trophy Individual match. Buck picked up a bronze and the rest were shut out. Most of us left before the Games matches began; but I saw that the guys who stayed picked up some medals there.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    A/A,

Take it from someone like yourself you can't ask for a better bunch of guys to hang out with and learn how to shoot long distances from. I am still learning and have a similar setup. I have shot two matches so far, very addictive! BTW I'm in Denham area too.

Bam Bam

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom