3-Gun Nation in Louisiana? Yes FINALLY! Louisiana Inaugural 3-Gun, June 14th

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Completetac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    St. Francisville
    I appreciate the awesome response and support from this group on my upcoming 3GN match. I am pleased to announce that Barney's Police Supplies, Cajun Ammunition and Fererra Firearms have all came on as stage sponsors, as well as prize contributors from Complete Tactical Solutions, Bayou Bullets and Tooth and Nail Armory has brought our prize table to over $300, which is unheard of in this area for a club match! If you're indeed interested in 3 gun in the Baton Rouge area make sure you follow us by liking our Facebook page, Complete Tactical Solutions, or checking my website frequently; www.completetactical.com. Those two sites will indeed be the first to get any of our future match announcements.

Thanks!
    Perry

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    What are you guys using for 12 ga dummy rounds? I'd like to start practicing reloads at home to see what method works best for me.

It seems the Remington/Fiocchi ones have been discontinued. I don't have a shotgun reloading press to make my own without powder and the DIY video on youtube with wooden dowel seems like they would be too light. Has anyone tried the method with sealant and weight inside or had luck finding reasonably priced dummy rounds online?

I use live rounds now that all my dummy's are worn out. I just make sure in really really careful and keep the safety on and muzzle pointed in the safest direction. I grab a new box once the shells start getting banged up a little.

Thanks for your help. I'll do that and rotate my shells regularly.

^^^ that is an accident waiting to happen!!!!
    You might want to rethink that!!

Give these a try. Cheap and easy just like I like em' :D

http://imgur.com/a/7re2o

Completetac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    St. Francisville
    This sounds pretty awesome. Thanks for stepping up and putting it together.

Thanks you guys, it has been hectic but I believe it will pay off in the end. I figure at least I don't have to drive 7 hours now to shoot, now I can just when I want to! Please follow us on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/CompleteTacticalSolutions all our future match announcements will be there first and with limited space I want everyone to have a chance to get in.

SMR412

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    P-ville
    I had my 1st taste of 3 gun this past weekend during a makeshift practice put together by some friends and friends of friends.
    I came away never wanting to sit/stand in one spot for a full session of shooting ever again.
    Dynamic, moving n shooting, is so much more fun and challenging...and addicting!
    I won't get to shoot this match but am definitely looking forward to future events!
    Thanks for giving us this great opportunity Perry.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    This was a fun match! It's set in the woods which I love! Way better than on a square range,
    The stages ranged from 70 yard field courses to 10 yard then stand and shoot, this is a physical match, which I like ( I don't know why because I'm not physically fit) lol up and down those hills all day might get me fit lol
    So if you shoot this match a good pair of trail boots or cleats would help, at least half the shooters busted the butts on those slick hills after the rain, me included, be prepared, water, snacks to keep your energy up, you'll need it
    Thanks Perry for putting on this match and bringing 3gun to La

YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    W. Feliciana
    I agree with kz45. Perry and all of those who helped him put together a great match. It was my first time shooting a 3-gun competition and I'm already looking forward to the next. I was originally one of those that just wanted to go out and watch since I had no clue what to expect, but I'm glad that Perry convinced me that the best way to learn was to get out there and shoot. I learned a lot and all the shooters there were helpful and had good attitudes. If you're going to shoot there in the future here are a few more notes to keep in mind: a pack that holds rifle/shotgun/ammo seemed to be superior to the carts that were rolling over down the hills and getting bogged down in mud, bring bug spray, bring folding chair, hydrate well the night before, get a good breakfast in the morning of, and expect a full day of fun (9am-5pm).

SMR412

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    P-ville
    Any pics or video?
    I hated to miss this (even just as a spectator) but hope to make a future event.
    Thanks Perry for making this happen!

ol shep

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2014
    Ethel, LA
    It was my first match also, only have been to watch one before. What a great atmosphere 3 gun is amongst competitors. And yes, my calves are killing me from the hills. Thanks again to Perry and company for making me feel so welcome.

Completetac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    St. Francisville
    Awesome thanks guys, sorry about the calves Shep...:) I know there wasn't much video or pics, but take a look on the FB page and the youtube channel for Complete Tactical Solutions. We'll try and get more video and pics next match.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SSWEEEE
    Top Bottom