4th of July DUI Checkpoint Video

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The Constitutionalist in me wishes the police would understand these checkpoint concerns from douche and non-douche alike! This guy seemed to handle it as calmly as it could be handled.

There is a clear misunderstanding in what cops should do and shouldn't; and what they think they should know and what they want people to know.

If a dog scratched my truck I would be pissed.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Why don't you just talk with them like normal adults and ask them how their night is going too? They don't want to be on a DUI checkpoint as much as you do either? Just have a normal conversation, everything is AOK on your end and you appreciate what they do for the community? In sure that Deputy ha had to clean the brain off the highway on more than one occasion due to a drunk driver, and you're just spitting in his face. A simple good evening and courtesy can go a long way.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Why don't you just talk with them like normal adults and ask them how their night is going too? They don't want to be on a DUI checkpoint as much as you do either? Just have a normal conversation, everything is AOK on your end and you appreciate what they do for the community? In sure that Deputy ha had to clean the brain off the highway on more than one occasion due to a drunk driver, and you're just spitting in his face. A simple good evening and courtesy can go a long way.

That's how I would have handled it; but that doesn't mean its right.

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge

So you think if it would have went this way it would be better?

Cop: Roll your window down
    Guy: How are you doing tonight? I'm not rolling my window down more

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Jesus. Roll the window down, good evening sir, y'all being safe tonight? Yep, we are, what about you man? Yes sir just heading to "x", alright have a great night, you too. "

Happens 6+ times per month here in Lafayette. To me, getting off late after bartending, not once was I ever disrespected or my rights trampled on. LEO are great guys who are just doing their jobs. Moral of the story is dont be a f****** dick.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Uh oh, you applied common sense. That will be frowned upon by some members. Always remember to resist at all costs.

MOTOR51

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Gentlemen, it is obvious that SVT has no intention of changing his opinion regarding the police.

No amount of reasoning, common sense, or any other manner of persuasion will change his mind.

In his world, the police are no good bastards who serve no purpose other than to harass and intimidate innocent citizens.

I pray to God that he never finds himself in a situation where he requires police assistance in any manner shape or form.

I implore you to not respond to him any more.

Last edited:

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Does anyone have McInfantry's phone number? You should give him a call and make sure he is ok, this thread has been up for an hour and he has not posted his signature line.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    So you think if it would have went this way it would be better?

Cop: Roll your window down
    Guy: How are you doing tonight? I'm not rolling my window down more

No. Roll the window down. Why be a prick about it? There's a reason some of us aren't cops. I know I couldn't after being on here for a while. Power hungry my ass. I have no badge and he did better than me. I don't need a badge, I would snatch that little brat out his car.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    It's men who don't like talking to other men and making direct eye contact, and just generally know they aren't there to burn the flag and Constitution on the hood of their vehicle. How many of you have cleaned up or responded to a DUI accident and there's been a mass casualty? Anyone? Like scraping up brains of a 12 year old off of pavement because some dick couldn't call a cab? Mom and Grandma or Dad crying and screaming hysterically being loaded in an ambulance because they've been trapped in the car watching their child or wife bleed out to death in front of their eyes? All they are doing is seeing if you smell like booze or look drunk, the end, to prevent situations like that. They are not there to detain you or throw you in a little cell and review your bank statements. You should be more worried about the POTUS infringing on your rights rather than some man with kids asking you how your night is and you being a complete dick.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    It's amazing to many how many late-teens/early 20's get their "constitutional rights" trampled on video and it always ends up on YouTube.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    It's amazing to many how many late-teens/early 20's get their "constitutional rights" trampled on video and it always ends up on YouTube.

The same teens that would never join the military and serve their country in a real way.

MOTOR51

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom