4th of July DUI Checkpoint Video

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I wonder how many real threats got by while they wasted there time with the kid? Could have been just as easy for the cop to lean in and take a look and ask if he had been drinking and flag him by, but at the first sign of defiance the pissing match begins.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Gentlemen, it is obvious that SVT has no intention of changing his opinion regarding the police.

No amount of reasoning, common sense, or any other manner of persuasion will change his mind.

In his world, the police are no good bastards who serve no purpose other than to harass and intimidate innocent citizens.

I pray to God that he never finds himself in a situation where he requires police assistance in any manner shape or form.

I implore you to not respond to him any more.

This.

Maybe DUI Checkpoints SHOULD be declared unconstitutional and the practice abandoned. And then when someone's grandma/wife/kids gets killed by a drunk driver, they can whine that the police aren't doing enough to prevent it.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    I wonder how many real threats got by while they wasted there time with the kid? Could have been just as easy for the cop to lean in and take a look and ask if he had been drinking and flag him by, but at the first sign of defiance the pissing match begins.

Negative. He is displaying erratic and unusual behavior. Barely leaving a crack could show he would rather not let the smell of booze waft out of an open window. A normal person would just talk to the officer like a grown ass man.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Happen to me not long ago in Derridder around 1900.

LEO> Evening Sir, Drivers License please?
    Me > Yes, sir (as I was handing it to him before he finished his sentence and before I really came to a complete stop)
    LEO> (Glance over)Thank You sir have a good night.
    ME > You too, be safe.

Transpired in all of 9 seconds.

:dunno:

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    I go through them a good bit.
    I roll down the window and say sir and ma'am.
    They thank me and let me go.

My buddy rolls 'Hunh Bruh' and they all laugh at the inside joke and he leaves too.

ΜΟΡΟΝ ΛΑΒΙΑ

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I saw that and it made me mad. The driver was looking for trouble.

How difficult is it to push a button and roll your window down? Had he just complied he'd have been on his way in no time.

I work nights and go through checkpoints all the time on my way home. I've never been stopped for more than 30 seconds.

Comply and be on your way. It's that simple.

Last edited:

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Happen to me not long ago in Derridder around 1900.

LEO> Evening Sir, Drivers License please?
    Me > Yes, sir (as I was handing it to him before he finished his sentence and before I really came to a complete stop)
    LEO> (Glance over)Thank You sir have a good night.
    ME > You too, be safe.

Transpired in all of 9 seconds.

:dunno:

You sure he didn't drag you out by your hair over razor blades and glass, detain you for 16 weeks in GITMO, where you were water boarded for days on end until you gave up your guns?

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Negative. He is displaying erratic and unusual behavior. Barely leaving a crack could show he would rather not let the smell of booze waft out of an open window. A normal person would just talk to the officer like a grown ass man.

I would hardly say it was a crack, but anyway I think they where both in the wrong, the power of two assholes meeting at the right time.

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    First for clarification, I wouldn't respond to the cop the way this kid did. I would roll down the window, he'd try to smell my breath, look at my ID and tell me to go on. Been there and done it.

I think a lot of you guys can't see the forest for the trees on this type of thing though. It's not that the kid wouldn't roll down the window, it's when he said that he didn't have to the cop gets butthurt about it and tries to have a pissing match with the kid. I grew up and still reside in LP. The cops out here are the worst for displaying their authority. Most of them are 21-28 years old, start lifting some weights and become a hardass overnight. The video shows that the kid knows his rights, displays his knowledge of his rights, and the cop gets pissy about it. There are plenty of these same types of videos where the cop is impressed with a kid's knowledge and commends him on it. And as far as catching drunk drivers before they kill your grandma, give me a break. Maybe if they "patroled" instead of sitting in parking lots looking on their laptops all the time they could catch a few more. I can tell you right now that the place I work always has 2 or 3 cops sitting all the way in the back parking lot not doing a damn thing. I get off around 11pm and they are always just sitting back there doing nothing.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Not 100% sure....

....but I think the kid did this on purpose.
    triste2.gif

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I'm not saying OP raped and murdered a young girl in 1990, I'm just asking the question.

No one is actually accusing the OP of raping and murdering a young girl in 1990. I certainly am not doing so myself. Which is to say, I do believe such a thing could hypothetically be true, and I’ve seen no evidence to the contrary.

OP still refuses to address the allegations that he raped and murdered a young girl in 1990, spurious or not. OP could quickly and easily put this whole story to rest by simply coming out and denying that he raped and murdered a young girl in 1990.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Tough job, your always dealing with the public at its worst. I have nothing but respect for those that put on uniform, but we must realize no ones perfect and we all have bad days, key is not to make them worst. So yeah roll the ****ing window down.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I'm not saying OP raped and murdered a young girl in 1990, I'm just asking the question.

No one is actually accusing the OP of raping and murdering a young girl in 1990. I certainly am not doing so myself. Which is to say, I do believe such a thing could hypothetically be true, and I’ve seen no evidence to the contrary.

OP still refuses to address the allegations that he raped and murdered a young girl in 1990, spurious or not. OP could quickly and easily put this whole story to rest by simply coming out and denying that he raped and murdered a young girl in 1990.

I'm confused. Please explain

MOTOR51

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    You sure he didn't drag you out by your hair over razor blades and glass, detain you for 16 weeks in GITMO, where you were water boarded for days on end until you gave up your guns?

Well you're right. I didn't tell the rest of the story.

:mamoru:

When I see these set up confrontations. I always think of the dude on the SkyLift drunk. "I know ma' Rights I know ma' Rights! Rofl. Google Skylift drunk or something close.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    First for clarification, I wouldn't respond to the cop the way this kid did. I would roll down the window, he'd try to smell my breath, look at my ID and tell me to go on. Been there and done it.

I think a lot of you guys can't see the forest for the trees on this type of thing though. It's not that the kid wouldn't roll down the window, it's when he said that he didn't have to the cop gets butthurt about it and tries to have a pissing match with the kid. I grew up and still reside in LP. The cops out here are the worst for displaying their authority. Most of them are 21-28 years old, start lifting some weights and become a hardass overnight. The video shows that the kid knows his rights, displays his knowledge of his rights, and the cop gets pissy about it. There are plenty of these same types of videos where the cop is impressed with a kid's knowledge and commends him on it. And as far as catching drunk drivers before they kill your grandma, give me a break. Maybe if they "patroled" instead of sitting in parking lots looking on their laptops all the time they could catch a few more. I can tell you right now that the place I work always has 2 or 3 cops sitting all the way in the back parking lot not doing a damn thing. I get off around 11pm and they are always just sitting back there doing nothing.

The laptop is where they write reports and stuff. Just saying. If you don't want them providing free deterrence to crime in your parking lot then please ask them to leave.

MOTOR51

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom