4th of July DUI Checkpoint Video

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    Ok, so let's follow the line of comments made...

I'm gonna be honest, acting like a DUI checkpoint is a violation of your right to free interstate commerce etc is crazy.
    MOTOR51

The thrust of the statement here is that DUi checkpoints are not a violation of our 4thA Inalienable Right.

Why? If I'm driving down the street and the police seize and question me FOR NO REASON, how is that not a violation of my Inalienable Right to be free from suspicion-less unannounced investigatory seizures (scotus words, not mine)?

The thrust of my response is that the Inalienable 4thA Right prevents us from being subject to seizures without specific reason, therefore, it seems a clear violation of the 4thA.

Driving is not a right.

So you comment...driving is not a right, the thrust/implication in your statement is that our Rights do not apply when we are exercising a privilege, therefore the 4thA doesn't apply.

Is the 4th Amendment a RIGHT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Do we only have the 4th Amendment RIGHT if we are involved in an activity that is also a RIGHT and not a privilege?????? Do you realize how utterly nonsensical that is!!!!!!!!!!!

This response responds to the thrust/implication of your comment quite directly, and makes the claim that our Rights are not thrown out the window when exercising a privilege.

Do you really not get it or are you just being an ass?

To quote you, this ins't "apples to apples.".

Yes, please do explain how the chain of comments made wasn't apples to apples. Seriously, maybe I am waaaaaaaaay off in my understanding of the comments I just laid out. If so, I'll apologize and stand corrected.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    It really is quite an introspective look at how varying personalities, education levels, social/career levels, and even financial status'; can be so unified in the general love of firearms and shooting sports; and completely rip each other to shreds on the most minute details. :mamoru:

It is all very entertaining!

Yes, you were right! But I must admit, I have learned a lot too! And I thought I knew everything like everyone else on here! :rofl:

Yep. If we didn't all enjoy it- would any of us hang around? I tend to avoid things I don't like (sushi, Oprah, getting kicked in the cods, etc.).

Yeah, there have been a few good folks leave. Most people know which other forums they frequent these days, too. But yet, here we all are. :p

We don't have to always agree. Good thing; we don't. :dogkeke:

But I think most of us are better people in real life than we appear to be in words on a computer screen. That's what I'm going with, anyway.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    All I have to go on is my wife and friends' opinions of me; I ain't winning any awards! :(

But they are crazy!

Maybe you just need to establish a dialogue with them....Start by ending every conversation with 'make me a sandwich'....:thumbsup:

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    VipmXss.jpg

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Maybe you just need to establish a dialogue with them....Start by ending every conversation with 'make me a sandwich'....:thumbsup:

Last night I started watching this really cool documentary on Apollo 13 crisis (one I've never seen before), and wife wanted to talk; AND DID! :blah:

"make me a sandwhich?" Hell, I didn't get a word in edgewise! :D

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Last night I started watching this really cool documentary on Apollo 13 crisis (one I've never seen before), and wife wanted to talk; AND DID! :blah:

"make me a sandwhich?" Hell, I didn't get a word in edgewise! :D

:dogkeke: Well, hunting season is closing in on us, anyway.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Right... You didn't say have a normal conversation. In a normal conversation respect is a two way thing and you have to act a certain way to get it. You said that we should show respect pretty much cause there job sucks and we don't know what they've been through. I say they aren't the only ones with stressful jobs and that if it sucks so bad maybe they should pick a different carreer. A badge doesn't make you a good person. Some criminals where them

This is the post you quoted

Why don't you just talk with them like normal adults and ask them how their night is going too? They don't want to be on a DUI checkpoint as much as you do either? Just have a normal conversation, everything is AOK on your end and you appreciate what they do for the community? In sure that Deputy ha had to clean the brain off the highway on more than one occasion due to a drunk driver, and you're just spitting in his face. A simple good evening and courtesy can go a long way.

It actually says "just have a normal conversation" in the third sentence. Are you a douche to everyone you meet? Odds are you aren't, you are probably polite and respectful, why not talk to them like you would someone you're stuck in an elevator with. Like an adult.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Boy; you ain't shitting! I am jonesing already! Did I mention how successful I was at it?

And may I add, this is how you kill a controversial thread! ;)

Sometimes, that's the best thing....:dogkeke:

2588136_1370128734_384436.jpg

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Ok, so let's follow the line of comments made...

The thrust of the statement here is that DUi checkpoints are not a violation of our 4thA Inalienable Right.
    No, interstate commerce is article 1 section 8.

The thrust of my response is that the Inalienable 4thA Right prevents us from being subject to seizures without specific reason, therefore, it seems a clear violation of the 4thA.
    No, it protects from unreasonable searches. Unreasonable is a whole lot of gray area, one the SCOTUS has ruled on.

So you comment...driving is not a right, the thrust/implication in your statement is that our Rights do not apply when we are exercising a privilege, therefore the 4thA doesn't apply.
    Being in a school is a privilege and your forfeit the 4th there.

This response responds to the thrust/implication of your comment quite directly, and makes the claim that our Rights are not thrown out the window when exercising a privilege.
    It is debatable as to wheather that is an unreasonable search, if it is reasonable(which it has been ruled to be), you aren't having them thrown out a window.

Yes, please do explain how the chain of comments made wasn't apples to apples. Seriously, maybe I am waaaaaaaaay off in my understanding of the comments I just laid out. If so, I'll apologize and stand corrected.

Am I wrong?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom