*5/11 UPDATE* DRACO group buy (THIS IS A NEW THREAD)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    UPDATE: the first five were ordered and paid for so that's that. If you wanted one and were in on it you know who you are.

Prior to making that order from Classic, I had ordered three of them from Centerfire for $330/each. http://www.centerfiresystems.com/akagun-pis-2.aspx I ultimately cancelled that order once I found out they didn't really have them and moved the order to Classic. Well... I get in yesterday and I have a UPS notification that there is a 26 pound box headed to the FFL here from Centerfire. Coincidence? I bet not, probably more a function of incompetence since I have the e-mail confirming the order was canceled.

In any case, I'm ot really sure how this will or can work, but there will be three extra Dracos at La Gun in BR tomorrow. I'll have to check my credit card to see what or if it was charged to let anyone interested know how much they will cost out the door. They will probably come to around $370 including $20 for the transfer if I had to guess.

All that said, if there's anyone who didn't get i on the first batch but wanted to, this might be your chance to get one with no wait for a few extra bux. Post here or shoot me a PM.

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    UPDATE: the first five were ordered and paid for so that's that. If you wanted one and were in on it you know who you are.

Prior to making that order from Classic, I had ordered three of them from Centerfire for $330/each. http://www.centerfiresystems.com/akagun-pis-2.aspx I ultimately cancelled that order once I found out they didn't really have them and moved the order to Classic. Well... I get in yesterday and I have a UPS notification that there is a 26 pound box headed to the FFL here from Centerfire. Coincidence? I bet not, probably more a function of incompetence since I have the e-mail confirming the order was canceled.

In any case, I'm ot really sure how this will or can work, but there will be three extra Dracos at La Gun in BR tomorrow. I'll have to check my credit card to see what or if it was charged to let anyone interested know how much they will cost out the door. They will probably come to around $370 including $20 for the transfer if I had to guess.

All that said, if there's anyone who didn't get i on the first batch but wanted to, this might be your chance to get one with no wait for a few extra bux. Post here or shoot me a PM.

so you got 3 free pistols?????

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Not free if he got charged, but I would try to manage a deal with them since I had "canceled" the order and they still shipped and charged I would try to hastle me a DEAL, chin chin unless they wanted to pay for back shipping and put the money back in the account which is seriously doubt.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Not free if he got charged, but I would try to manage a deal with them since I had "canceled" the order and they still shipped and charged I would try to hastle me a DEAL, chin chin unless they wanted to pay for back shipping and put the money back in the account which is seriously doubt.

Well, so far my card has NOT been charged and the shipment was made yesterday. They shipped it UPS, and UPS e-mailed me the tracking number. Either they shipped me 26 pounds of something else, or they're idiots! We'll see what's in that box tomorrow.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Well, so far my card has NOT been charged and the shipment was made yesterday. They shipped it UPS, and UPS e-mailed me the tracking number. Either they shipped me 26 pounds of something else, or they're idiots! We'll see what's in that box tomorrow.

Make sure you have that 1911 loaded and safety OFF, could be a midget ready to attack for canceling the order.

madmax4x4

HONKY
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    That's crazy and the bad part about centerfire is they keep stuff on the web site they don't have. My first saiga 12 was to come from them but after five months I canceled my order. That was when the saigas weren't coming in. I think the back order for dracos with them is just as long. I wouldn't think they would send them to you but who knows. Got mine we ordered from classic last night and did some work to it when I got home now it's form 1 time :). Really nice wood and gun for the money. It will be a nice sbr in about 5 months

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    That's crazy and the bad part about centerfire is they keep stuff on the web site they don't have. My first saiga 12 was to come from them but after five months I canceled my order. That was when the saigas weren't coming in. I think the back order for dracos with them is just as long. I wouldn't think they would send them to you but who knows. Got mine we ordered from classic last night and did some work to it when I got home now it's form 1 time :). Really nice wood and gun for the money. It will be a nice sbr in about 5 months

Well cool. Maybe mine from Classic will be here today too. :x:

Fortunately I still have the e-mail from some cat named Magnus acknowledging the cancellation in case there's an issue.

bs875

Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge

They probably don't charge the card until the day it ships so you won't see that for a couple of days on your statement/online balance.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    They probably don't charge the card until the day it ships so you won't see that for a couple of days on your statement/online balance.

OK, my card HAS now been charged. I now have three of them that were previously unaccounted for. The total bill that was in the box is for $1,040.75. I have divided that by three and rounded it off at $350, which is due to me. In addition to that, Larry gets $20 for the transfer at Louisiana Gun & Reloading.

I am going to contact the guys who have posted and PM'd for one, then re-update the thread.
    Here's who's in and in the order they committed:

craptin mypants
    hdfreak1
    jed
    * jimmyzshack

I'll try to get in touch with you guys now...

* jimmy, you're going to have to wait until the two from the other order get in since you're the fourth guy wanting one. I'm going to let you have the one that was going to be for my dad since he's now become rather blase' about the whole thing.

Last edited:

jimmyzshack

Apr 16, 2010
    Houma
    Had to post this video
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UXlh6Dn-x5o&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UXlh6Dn-x5o&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom