Subcompact 9mm thoughts?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Better Carry Gun?

• Subcompact XD 9mm

Votes: 11 13.9%
    • Subcompact XDM 9mm

Votes: 12 15.2%
    • Glock 26

Votes: 56 70.9%

• Total voters

XD45ACP

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 26, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    I've been considering a subcompact 9mm for a while but it seems to find it's way to the back burner whenever its time for a new toy. However, I think its time that I finally pick one... I had originally planned to get a sc xd 9 because I have an xd 45 that I love, then I decided maybe the new sc xdm might be a good option since I have an xdm that I really like... Then I had an in-depth discussion with friends lately that a glock is a "better" fighting/carry gun (the simpler, the better) so now I am considering a g26... So, with all of that said, I'm set on a double stack (I like higher capacity) 9mm sc gun and I am looking for opinions from people with more experience

What say you?

Last edited:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    NEITHER,

Glock 19 is the PERFECT size and compromise IMO, the smaller sub-compacts tend to be too bulky for me, I had the XD9SC and XD40SC and they both were just too thick on the slide not to mention felt recoil on them was too high, had a G26 but carried it VERY little so I really cant say good or bad and she was actually traded on an Xd9, but IF I was in the market for that I would get the 19and would carry spare G17 mags instead of 19's more fire power if you need to get the job done.

Just a thought.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I love my G26, sometimes I wish it were thinner but for the most part it is fine. I just don't like the feel of the XD line, they seem bulkier. The G19 is a great size, but the shorter grip conceals better on the 26 IMO

XD45ACP

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 26, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    NEITHER,

Glock 19 is the PERFECT size and compromise IMO, the smaller sub-compacts tend to be too bulky for me, I had the XD9SC and XD40SC and they both were just too thick on the slide not to mention felt recoil on them was too high, had a G26 but carried it VERY little so I really cant say good or bad and she was actually traded on an Xd9, but IF I was in the market for that I would get the 19and would carry spare G17 mags instead of 19's more fire power if you need to get the job done.

Just a thought.

I knew that would come up very quickly and you may be right, but I just have a feeling that it is a little to big to easily conceal and it won't be around when I need it. That being said, I picked one up the other day for the first time and I completely understand why you would say that...;)

Ninja

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    New Orleans
    I traded up(or down depending on your thoughts) from my xd45 Compact to the XDM 9mm 3.8 Compact for carry purposes. I did it because I like the feel of the XD and wanted something even smaller than the xd45 Compact. I was on the fence for a long time between the M&Pc and XDMc, but I picked it up when Springfield was running their 3 free mag campaign, so it wasn't that hard of a decision after I found that deal.

wildone1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2011
    S&W MPc would be a good fit roughly same price ballpark as Glock etc. I love mine carry it everywhere.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    More than 50% of the answers so far named a gun that was not on the list and is not a sub compact. A great gun but does not answer the op's question.

XD45ACP

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 26, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    I had never considered the m&p because a number of years ago I picked up a friend's m&p 40 and the trigger was pretty bad... I seriously forgot all about it... I should have considered it

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Small to large.
    1. XD is 6.25" long with a 3" barrel and weighs 26 oz. empty.
    2. G26 is 6.29" long, 3.46" barrel and 19.75oz.
    3. M&P is 6.7" long, 3.5" barrel and 21.7oz.
    4. G19 is 6.85" long, 4.02" barrel and 20.99oz.
    5. XDM is 7" long, 3.8" barrel and 27oz.

Top Bottom