Subcompact 9mm thoughts?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Better Carry Gun?

• Subcompact XD 9mm

Votes: 11 13.9%
    • Subcompact XDM 9mm

Votes: 12 15.2%
    • Glock 26

Votes: 56 70.9%

• Total voters

XD45ACP

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 26, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    I've been considering a subcompact 9mm for a while but it seems to find it's way to the back burner whenever its time for a new toy. However, I think its time that I finally pick one... I had originally planned to get a sc xd 9 because I have an xd 45 that I love, then I decided maybe the new sc xdm might be a good option since I have an xdm that I really like... Then I had an in-depth discussion with friends lately that a glock is a "better" fighting/carry gun (the simpler, the better) so now I am considering a g26... So, with all of that said, I'm set on a double stack (I like higher capacity) 9mm sc gun and I am looking for opinions from people with more experience

What say you?

Last edited:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    NEITHER,

Glock 19 is the PERFECT size and compromise IMO, the smaller sub-compacts tend to be too bulky for me, I had the XD9SC and XD40SC and they both were just too thick on the slide not to mention felt recoil on them was too high, had a G26 but carried it VERY little so I really cant say good or bad and she was actually traded on an Xd9, but IF I was in the market for that I would get the 19and would carry spare G17 mags instead of 19's more fire power if you need to get the job done.

Just a thought.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I love my G26, sometimes I wish it were thinner but for the most part it is fine. I just don't like the feel of the XD line, they seem bulkier. The G19 is a great size, but the shorter grip conceals better on the 26 IMO

XD45ACP

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 26, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    NEITHER,

Glock 19 is the PERFECT size and compromise IMO, the smaller sub-compacts tend to be too bulky for me, I had the XD9SC and XD40SC and they both were just too thick on the slide not to mention felt recoil on them was too high, had a G26 but carried it VERY little so I really cant say good or bad and she was actually traded on an Xd9, but IF I was in the market for that I would get the 19and would carry spare G17 mags instead of 19's more fire power if you need to get the job done.

Just a thought.

I knew that would come up very quickly and you may be right, but I just have a feeling that it is a little to big to easily conceal and it won't be around when I need it. That being said, I picked one up the other day for the first time and I completely understand why you would say that...;)

Ninja

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    New Orleans
    I traded up(or down depending on your thoughts) from my xd45 Compact to the XDM 9mm 3.8 Compact for carry purposes. I did it because I like the feel of the XD and wanted something even smaller than the xd45 Compact. I was on the fence for a long time between the M&Pc and XDMc, but I picked it up when Springfield was running their 3 free mag campaign, so it wasn't that hard of a decision after I found that deal.

wildone1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2011
    S&W MPc would be a good fit roughly same price ballpark as Glock etc. I love mine carry it everywhere.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    More than 50% of the answers so far named a gun that was not on the list and is not a sub compact. A great gun but does not answer the op's question.

XD45ACP

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 26, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    I had never considered the m&p because a number of years ago I picked up a friend's m&p 40 and the trigger was pretty bad... I seriously forgot all about it... I should have considered it

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Small to large.
    1. XD is 6.25" long with a 3" barrel and weighs 26 oz. empty.
    2. G26 is 6.29" long, 3.46" barrel and 19.75oz.
    3. M&P is 6.7" long, 3.5" barrel and 21.7oz.
    4. G19 is 6.85" long, 4.02" barrel and 20.99oz.
    5. XDM is 7" long, 3.8" barrel and 27oz.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom