600 yd Prone/F Class Practice Match at Palo Alto on January 3rd

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    REMINDER

On Saturday January 3, 2009 Palo Alto R & P Club will hold our monthly 3x600yd midrange prone match. This will be a practice match, with $10.00 entry fees. Scores will not be sent to the NRA. We will award our usual cash prizes. F-Class and prone shooters welcome as usual.

Please be there by 7:45 for squading.

If you need more information PM me.

Dan

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Barney, F Class is a discipline, not a class. I do not recall what the F stands for, but it is for scoped rifles using either a front and rear rest of a bi-pod and rear rest. You lay on the ground and shoot using your rest. It is the perfect game for all of those "sniper/tactical" bolt rifles and ARs out there.

RDO, 66 rounds is correct. The match consists of three 20 shot matches with 2 sighters each. All firing is at 600 yds. If you don't have a 600 yd zero, but have a 100 or 200 yd zero, PM me and I will tell you how much elevation to add or you can use a ballistic chart or program.

Dan

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    You might say it was a bit dampish. We had some time before the rain hit and I was able to give a short clinic for some of the newer shooters. I thought that we had picked up a new woman shooter, but she lives out of state (came with her dad). She was familiar with guns, her positions looked good and she was generally pretty cool. You single guys would have been all over her - tall, thin, a nurse, has own pick-up truck, shooter - what more could you ask for? LCPL4 met her and may have a comment. After shooting the breeze for a while waiting for the never ending rain to stop, we all went to Cabela's, complained the ridiculous prices and burned up gift cards.

Last edited:

LCPL 4

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Badger Free Zone
    tall, thin, a nurse, has own pick-up truck, shooter - what more could you ask for? LCPL4 met her and may have a comment.

For those confused, we did not do a time warp again. We had a practice session at Gonzales today. Unfortunately we didn't get to fire a single shot due to the rain. As far as the nice lady, I can't comment on her shooting ability so I'm assuming Mr. Z is making me the non-PC scapegoat - she was blond and had legs for days. :eek3:

After shooting the breeze for a while waiting for the never ending rain to stop, we all went to Cabela's, complained the ridiculous prices and burned up gift cards.

I ended up with some overpriced corncob and some 223 competition dies which were about $2-$3 more than what I usually see them for on the net. Thanks for the advice Mr. Z. After leaving Cabela's, no rain all the way back home. :mad:

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    When you get there, go see Lanny. He is in charge of the match and should be able to squad you with someone experienced. My daughter is in town from college so it is unlikely that I will make it.

Good luck. Have fun. We want a report when you get home.

Dan

FALfan

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Jackson,La
    The rain got us unfortunately. We did shoot at least one string before the skies opened up. I was shooting prone with a borrowed Palma rifle. I guess I did not suck too bad as it was all new to me. I shot a 168 with 3X's. It would have been a 176 if I had not cross fired! I guess that is how you learn. It was very fun and I will be back.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Cool to hear that you got a few shots in before the deluge. Whose Palma rifle did you borrow?

Everyone cross fires sooner or later. Eventually most learn to look at the number boards before letting one fly. (Ask Bob Jenkins or Buck Kliebert the meaning of the phrase : "Mark target nine!").

Great score for a first try. It doesn't take much to get hooked. i am glad you will be back.

Dan

mpl2353

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    if i remember correctly, FALfan borrowed gary henry's palma rifle, he was on my target

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    FALfan is a lefty?

How did you shoot? What rifle? Palma?

When are you going to write about your shooting adventures in 2008?

mpl2353

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    idk i guess he is if its the guy on my target today who was using garys rifle who xfired.

i did eh 195-7 :/..... mine..... yes

ummm......when are you supposed to have them by?

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    idk i guess he is if its the guy on my target today who was using garys rifle who xfired.

i did eh 195-7 :/..... mine..... yes

ummm......when are you supposed to have them by?

195-7X is pretty good.

Your dad needs them by tomorrow so you better start working.

Top Bottom