A look at the Senate Race in LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dad-e-o

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Ponchatoula
    Personally, I am better off than when the current President was elected. I don't think any politician is worth the money we pay them and I don't think any of the three in the Senate race we have to choose from are too dynamic and exciting for me to go head over heals for. I have fought this good fight all my life and am tired of seeing things just go further down the toilet. As long as my head stays above water along with my family, the rest can go take a dump in the lake! My 2 cents. It is interesting to look for the people who are paid to lead candidate sales posting on forums and even more interesting to see the sheep that follow. Oh yes, my children, there are plants that do that.

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    All 3 to me will make 100% sure that Miss Piggy doesn't get 51%................ There are too many Democrats coming out against her.

You guys really think this is a 51 Piggy, 24.5 Cassidy and 24.5 maness ?? I would seriously doubt it. Be realistic. Its not a perfect split of people.

Vote for who you really want to this time. Hell, vote against Cassidy just because.

Even if Rob didn't sound perfect to you........ The Guy is trying harder than both of them put together.
    I DONT want him to sound good. He's not a career politician. He's not gonna have the debate skills like the professionals do.
    This should make you happy..........

Time for New Blood.............. don't you think ?

Last edited:

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    All 3 to me will make 100% sure that Miss Piggy doesn't get 51%................ There are too many Democrats coming out against her.

You guys really think this is a 51 Piggy, 24.5 Cassidy and 24.5 maness ?? I would seriously doubt it. Be realistic. Its not a perfect split of people.

Vote for who you really want to this time. Hell, vote against Cassidy just because.

Even if Rob didn't sound perfect to you........ The Guy is trying harder than both of them put together.
    I DONT want him to sound good. He's not a career politician. He's not gonna have the debate skills like the professionals do.

Yea, but he's emulating the style. Probably mentioned military service > 50 times in the debate with landrieu, seemed like it was almost every single question. "Border security is super important" without any tangibles mentioned in how it should be done. Just a bunch of feel good, buzz words, and pandering to the lowest common denominator. Same style as any career politician

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Yea, but he's emulating the style. Probably mentioned military service > 50 times in the debate with landrieu, seemed like it was almost every single question. "Border security is super important" without any tangibles mentioned in how it should be done. Just a bunch of feel good, buzz words, and pandering to the lowest common denominator. Same style as any career politician

He is a Tea Party candidate. That's not a bad thing, but the movement still has not resonated with enough people. The TP was formed in response to the stimulus and the debt; sprinkled with a hint of wasteful spending. He is a republican. He is using the "R" to get votes. There is not much difference in what ANY of them stand for as a collective. But yes; they are confusing the voters that want democrats out of there.

Have any of you ever wondered why democrats never splinter their party into fringe groups? Like the Free **** Party, or the No War Party? It is because they know that holding on as one bunch of morons is the best course of action. Sure, you hear of the far left base, the moderate base, etc. but when it comes down to getting these idiots elected they are one bunch. Always! Do any of you believe that there is a difference in philosophy between Barbara Boxer and that Whacko Pelosi? You would tend to believe there is because Boxer is so low key; but she votes for the same dumb **** as the rest of them.

Unless all of you are prepared to go to the registrar of voters and change your party to No Party or Independent; you are going continue to play in the hamster wheel for your ideology.

Lyle Savant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Central (NE Baton Rouge, LA)
    I'm voting for Mary. And I'm voting democrat with the next presidential election. I'm voting democrat for everything.
    People are still clueless on how bad things are so I say hand over complete control. And it'll get so bad eventually people will wake up and we can start to get things back where they should be. Won't have to worry about voting for he lesser of two evils then.
    Vote democrat!!!!!!

It's all messed up, so let's make it worse; that'll fix it! Really?

Lyle Savant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014

Hear, hear!

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    He is a Tea Party candidate. That's not a bad thing, but the movement still has not resonated with enough people. The TP was formed in response to the stimulus and the debt; sprinkled with a hint of wasteful spending. He is a republican. He is using the "R" to get votes. There is not much difference in what ANY of them stand for as a collective. But yes; they are confusing the voters that want democrats out of there.

Have any of you ever wondered why democrats never splinter their party into fringe groups? Like the Free **** Party, or the No War Party? It is because they know that holding on as one bunch of morons is the best course of action. Sure, you hear of the far left base, the moderate base, etc. but when it comes down to getting these idiots elected they are one bunch. Always! Do any of you believe that there is a difference in philosophy between Barbara Boxer and that Whacko Pelosi? You would tend to believe there is because Boxer is so low key; but she votes for the same dumb **** as the rest of them.

Unless all of you are prepared to go to the registrar of voters and change your party to No Party or Independent; you are going continue to play in the hamster wheel for your ideology.

I'm not sure if this was all directed at me, but I don't think we disagree!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'm not sure if this was all directed at me, but I don't think we disagree!

It was not! I was bridging your thought with mine to illustrate that people can't just "say" they want something different. And to expound on your example of Maness' feel good empty words.

There is no such thing as an "ordinary" guy running for elected office. ;)

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    You guys really think this is a 51 Piggy, 24.5 Cassidy and 24.5 maness ??
    I would seriously doubt it. Be realistic.

That's exactly how it ends up most of the time.

This is why the Democrats keep winning. They are smarter.

There is ONE Democrat to Vote for.
    Meanwhile they do their part in aiding the SPLIT between the other Candidates.

Democrat gets 46%
    Republican gets 44%
    3rd Party Gets 10%

Who wins that one? Thanks 3rd Party.

The 3rd party needs to get with the program that there is ONLY two parties AT THIS TIME.
    They need to get in line with the Republican Party, get in there, and change it from the inside out.

Until then....we'll keep seeing Seats lost to Grand Standing.....

Lyle Savant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014

Democrat gets 46%
    Republican gets 44%
    3rd Party Gets 10%

The 3rd party needs to get with the program that there is ONLY two parties AT THIS TIME.
    They need to get in line with the Republican Party, get in there, and change it from the inside out.

NOW, that is the truth! A word to the wise.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Democrat gets 46%
    Republican gets 44%
    3rd Party Gets 10%

But remember, this is a Primary. The objective is 50+1 to win outright. These morons keeping winning because the Ross Perot people go home and pout when their guy gets his ass kicked in the Primary. And no matter what anyof you Rob Maness guys think, there are republicans that DO NOT WANT TO VOTE FOR THE TEA PARTY!

Sadly, that is regardless of who he/she is running against! This state is no different in that regard. Don't believe it? Go look at the last mid term where Tea Party candidates where in the exact same scenario as this one; the majority of them lost in those runoffs.

This is one time (I know people say that all the time), that this state needs to show these democrats the door for good!

shootinFe

grey man
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Louisiana
    This is really not the time to fracture our voting power. If you don't want Landrieu as your senator again, it's time for us all to galvanize as voters behind one candidate. You might "make your point" voting for Maness, but at the end of the day is it worth it since WE might wind up with Landrieu again. Is it really worth that chance?

This split vote crap can only help Landrieu, she loves Maness being in that spot. Why help her, she hasn't helped us!

We have one good shot at this, let's make it a good one.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette

Since 2008 it has become harder and harder to motivate myself to go to the polls for this very reason. Is it too much to ask for better candidates that are in touch with their constituents versus the elite ruling class wannabes we get every election?

Lyle Savant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Since 2008 it has become harder and harder to motivate myself to go to the polls for this very reason. Is it too much to ask for better candidates that are in touch with their constituents versus the elite ruling class wannabes we get every election?

It is our DUTY to take the time and SHOW UP & VOTE. There's allot of good men that sacrificed ALL their lives in war to insure we have that right.

Shame on us if we don't make our small sacrifice; we dishonor those men and what they did for us when we don't exercise the liberty they obtained for us.
    If it weren't for them, we would all be walking around with funny lil mustaches, lifting our hand and saying hale! Then we would be complaining we couldn't vote, and would beg or die for the chance to have that freedom and power.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom