A Whole Lotta Terrorist Weiners Blown Off Today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krotsman

Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    The device already has a power source capable of detonating a cap (High explosive cant be detonated by heat, needs a primary) so they put a good size charge in the pager with room to spare. The heating up a battery thing is silly. There is no way they would have all went off at the exact same time from a uncertain battery heating technique. This was explosive.
    I thought the same thing, but was just tossing out what I read since I didn't build it. There will definitely be a movie made about this!

Forgotten

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 30, 2016
    Lafayette, LA
    Screenshot_20240917_194536_Samsung Internet.jpg

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    167   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    You missed my earlier post:

Relax... They didn't just make them explode via a hack.... From what I read they intercepted them in the supply chain and planted PETN in the pagers. Then got the pagers to heat up and detonate.

So, yeah, they DID apparently get them to heat up remotely to set off the PETN.
    Relax? Really? Sorry if you think I was specifically disagreeing with you or calling you out. I was just trying to point out the most likely scenario. The media has been stating the same thing about the batteries and there’s just no way to make them explode with that level of brisance. RDX composition explosives pop at 23,000 fps and up to around 30,000fps, so just a few grams would produce the results in these cases. By comparison, dynamite/TNT being much less brisant at about 19,000fps can’t cut steel like any of the RDX (composition C) or Hexogen explosives.
    Now I’ll disagree with you, I think it’s way more likely that they used a signal remote detonator to set off the charge rather than relying on a burning battery to light a fuse. While PETN (used in caps and det cord) is fuseable, comp C needs a cap to detonate.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Relax? Really? Sorry if you think I was specifically disagreeing with you or calling you out. I was just trying to point out the most likely scenario. The media has been stating t
    No, that was quoted from my earlier post that you missed. it wasn't aimed at you. Someone else said they were worried that a spookyman could make their phone explode at will. I was saying that there were added explosives involved, making you and I pretty much in agreement...

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    167   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    No, that was quoted from my earlier post that you missed. it wasn't aimed at you. Someone else said they were worried that a spookyman could make their phone explode at will. I was saying that there were added explosives involved, making you and I pretty much in agreement...
    Oh dang! LMAO! My bad. This place is getting to me. Think I’ll take a break or give you guys a break from me. See y’all in a week or so.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    What would have been reallllly diabolical is if they put a small shape charge or EFP in the device facing upward towards the screen. Then did a mass page with any sort of number and waited a second and a half and detonated it. The casualty rate would have been much higher if the user heard the page, took the device off his belt and was looking directly at it when the EFP detonated directly into his face. Would prob have doubled the mortality
    I thought the same after I read the reports, Kurt. Should have employed a shape charge behind the screen, send the group page and wait the 2 or 3 seconds for the users to lift it and read the message. BOOM, in your face you Hezbolla co*ksu*ker!
    Those Israelis are some shrewd, cunning killers. But they should have thought it out a little further. Why go for the leg or waist? Go straight for the face and eyes.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Relax? Really? Sorry if you think I was specifically disagreeing with you or calling you out. I was just trying to point out the most likely scenario. The media has been stating the same thing about the batteries and there’s just no way to make them explode with that level of brisance. RDX composition explosives pop at 23,000 fps and up to around 30,000fps, so just a few grams would produce the results in these cases. By comparison, dynamite/TNT being much less brisant at about 19,000fps can’t cut steel like any of the RDX (composition C) or Hexogen explosives.
    Now I’ll disagree with you, I think it’s way more likely that they used a signal remote detonator to set off the charge rather than relying on a burning battery to light a fuse. While PETN (used in caps and det cord) is fuseable, comp C needs a cap to detonate.
    This is what your looking for?

Scrape

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2024
    French Settlement
    Ol’ Benji ought to send the Hezzies a message telling them if they don’t cool their beans, he’ll need to engage the TV’s, Fridges and Air Conditioners that they had purchased over the last few years.

Roadhog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2022
    Mickleville, Louisiana
    I just read an article that said, the pagers were made in Hungary. They speculated that at some point between manufacturing and delivery. A small amount of explosive material was put in the pagers that would explode after the batteries overheated.
    This was all speculation and would require lots of effort and planning. It’s not something we haven’t seen from Mossad before.
    Many years ago there was a terrorist bomb maker who had killed many Israeli citizens. Israel tried many times to kill the man but was unsuccessful.
    They finally decided to mail him a letter bomb. It didn’t kill him but he lost several fingers and an eye. The man continued his bomb making. Mossad continued through the years to try and kill the man but he was protected and their efforts failed. Years later they decided that the letter bomb worked once why not try it again. The bomb maker was killed. Mossad is not to be played with.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    This is somewhat same thing the CIA does with consumer goods.
    I'm in a tech fix it group and a poor guy picked up a TV that was on the side of the road.
    He took it apart and it had a remote power relay to make the TV power and light flash .
    Making the end user reboot the TV which then toggled it to phone home to a server and download a payload for remote access.
    It was purchased at a Walmart .

The tech was contacted within 5 min of posting online by anonymous number and they Came by and picked it up and he was told to scrub all pictures that he posted.

They introduce things in the supply chain all the time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bree
    Top Bottom