Academey Sports arrest

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    never been delayed, but only got a few from dealers and the rest were private party. none of my coworkers have mentioned a delay either.

Either way this guy acted like an idiot and earned what he got.

Last edited:

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    and it could be that he is currently going through a divorce and the wife's Lawyer filed a restraining order as part of the divorce proceedings. That will get you a denial to proceed.

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    It could be as simple as a slightly common last name or a twic card. It is very random. From the sound of the article however it doesn't seem like it got that far. I would bet that he flubbed up his address or something else on the paperwork. If you make a mistake they have every right to refuse to sell to you.

sawgrass

Hunka Hunka burning lead.
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Hammond
    It is peculiar so many LEO's get declined.. Most realize it's going to happen and just accept it.. Apparently this retired Trooper wasn't having any of that..

Please enlighten me. What is unique to LEO's getting declined? :dunno: Are they declined more often than the average Joe Public?

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Please enlighten me. What is unique to LEO's getting declined? :dunno: Are they declined more often than the average Joe Public?

Well, not sure.. I have friends that work in local gun stores and they tell me that local LEO's get declined pretty often.. They eventually get approved.. That is to say they are eventually allowed to proceed..

It could be that they get declined for review more than the average joe, but I don't have stats. I've never been denied..

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    Would be interesting to know why he was refused the sale.

If it was just before 8 PM, maybe he found out how slow Academy was at handling the gun transactions and didn't want to come back the next day to complete the transaction. :mamoru:

Of course, I am just joking, but I can't think of ANY time I ever purchased a gun from Academy where it didn't take at least an hour to complete the transaction from start to finish. When I hit my busy time of the year, I won't even consider Academy for a firearm purchase just based on the sheer amount of time it takes to buy a gun there.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I remember helping a coworker do a transfer to a sheriff's deputy. Dude is built like a linebacker - on the Parish's SWAT/SRT (whatever they call it) for sure. He was there with a bunch of coworkers of same build. He got delayed. Many laughs were had. He got the go-ahead later, but it does crack me up when cops get denied/delayed... it's like "He can carry a gun with less restrictions than the rest of us, but we can't sell him another one" lol...

You know what's worse? I seem to have cashiers that forget to take the sensors out of the electronics I purchase in uniform so it sets the shoplifter alarm off. Everybody laughs and I have to show the lil old lady my receipt so she knows I'm not shoplifting

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    "Don't tase me bro".................

I know if they tased him it would have made the story, just laugh when someone gets tased................

2qn38tjmjgnqtnwffk9c.jpg

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Well....I guess if you are... or were a cop...and you have that attitude of--- " I am the Law," ....Well then that would **** you off if you get delayed. Karma is a bitch.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Well....I guess if you are... or were a cop...and you have that attitude of--- " I am the Law," ....Well then that would **** you off if you get delayed. Karma is a bitch.

And then **** off another LEO who has the same "I am the law" attitude". That is a recipe for disaster

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom