Ammunition Reply.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I am over in SWLA and the local Walmart has a ton of Remington 22lr not sure which one it is but no it is not the golden bullet line. it is about ~22ish dollars for 500. If someone was to drive out this way I could buy some and you can pick it up and pay me back what I bought it for.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Who said anything about waiting in line? I’ve been trying to tell people for months now academy has ammo daily and no lines. I either stop in on my way to or from work. For some odd reason although I post pictures and used to update what was available all the time people just refuse to believe it.

Show me the cases of 9mm ammunition at Academy which is the hottest selling handgun round made. I have net been to Academy in recent years without a line and all the 9mm is sold immediately to the people waiting in line outside the store before they open. I do not go to Harvey which may be a different world.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I've been in Academy three times in the past two months and they had 9mm ammo. It's a two box limit no matter what the quantity is.

If you haven't been there in years, why are you telling people they are wrong?

70068shooter

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    LaPlace, LA
    I was in the Academy in Metairie Wednesday will be two weeks ago. Just stopped in because the person meeting me for lunch was running late. Bought 2 boxes of blazer 115 gr 9mm for $17.95ea. As previous stated 2 box limit. No lines so I talked to guy working the counter for several minutes. He mentioned selling out of the 150 round boxes that had a better per round price.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I've been in Academy three times in the past two months and they had 9mm ammo. It's a two box limit no matter what the quantity is.

If you haven't been there in years, why are you telling people they are wrong?

I quit going this year because the early birds purchased all the 9mm ammunition before I arrived. That is factual information and basically common knowledge. It may have changed recently?

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    A month or so ago, I walked into academy, Bought the last two 200 round boxes of winchester 5.56, but ended up selling it for the price I bought it for to another member. He needed the ammo, and I wasn't too happy with the cost, but there wasn't a visible tag from the counter for me to see on that particular box. They had plenty of 20 round boxes, and a few steel case 9mm boxes.

iomg8

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 12, 2020
    lafayette, la
    I quit going this year because the early birds purchased all the 9mm ammunition before I arrived. That is factual information and basically common knowledge. It may have changed recently?

In lafayette, a month or two ago, i was able to go pick up 9mm no issues 2-3 hours after the open, and sometimes the day after. 223/556 is always on the shelf along with 762. I started to notice 40 and 45 being in stock also. And last week noticed 1 10mm box.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

No clue. I wasn’t there for ammo and didn’t buy any, but it’s available.

I know family and friends have bought some though.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Show me the cases of 9mm ammunition at Academy which is the hottest selling handgun round made. I have net been to Academy in recent years without a line and all the 9mm is sold immediately to the people waiting in line outside the store before they open. I do not go to Harvey which may be a different world.
    Send me your cell phone number and I’ll send you pictures daily if you’d like. It’s not just the New Orleans area either. I’ve literally been doing this for months now locally and all around se Louisiana and Mississippi and have been able to continue going to the range every weekend without breaking the bank. I have not seen a line outside of an academy in 6 months probably and their was only about a 3 month period where lines were formed outside of the store before it opened and even then i was able to wait 15 minutes and select what I wanted. Some folks would rather just complain about something they have a false perception of instead of actually getting out and giving it a shot.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Send me your cell phone number and I’ll send you pictures daily if you’d like. It’s not just the New Orleans area either. I’ve literally been doing this for months now locally and all around se Louisiana and Mississippi and have been able to continue going to the range every weekend without breaking the bank. I have not seen a line outside of an academy in 6 months probably and their was only about a 3 month period where lines were formed outside of the store before it opened and even then i was able to wait 15 minutes and select what I wanted. Some folks would rather just complain about something they have a false perception of instead of actually getting out and giving it a shot.

It is obvious you have never been to the store at Juban road. You can keep your pictures to amuse yourself.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    It is obvious you have never been to the store at Juban road. You can keep your pictures to amuse yourself.
    Lmao it’s obvious you want to be ignorant about this and believe what you want to believe. The Academy in Denham springs has been one of the most plentiful. Again send me your number and I’ll send you pictures with proof. Put your money where your mouth is. You won’t though. You will continue to complain about a store you yourself said you quit going to because the * early birds* buy up all the ammo. I suppose this isn’t too surprising coming from the guy who made an entire thread over someone one not responding back in 40 minutes lol.

Last edited:

jude0718

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Academy won’t be the only way to get ammo . Gun store have all you need then some . Gretna guns has everything except 22lr in stock and not much more then academy . If you would rather complain instead of getting off your ass and going look that’s you own damn fault .

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Academy won’t be the only way to get ammo . Gun store have all you need then some . Gretna guns has everything except 22lr in stock and not much more then academy . If you would rather complain instead of getting off your ass and going look that’s you own damn fault .

I hear the ass talking, Get up, Get up.

Last edited:

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    Here's a fun kicker you guys... the dude crying about people price gouging ammo just posted a P365xl w/ RomeoZero for $1000 that can be purchased at any retailer right now for $749. How about that.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Lmao it’s obvious you want to be ignorant about this and believe what you want to believe. The Academy in Denham springs has been one of the most plentiful. Again send me your number and I’ll send you pictures with proof. Put your money where your mouth is. You won’t though. You will continue to complain about a store you yourself said you quit going to because the * early birds* buy up all the ammo. I suppose this isn’t too surprising coming from the guy who made an entire thread over someone one not responding back in 40 minutes lol.

You language makes you sound very immature.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Here's a fun kicker you guys... the dude crying about people price gouging ammo just posted a P365xl w/ RomeoZero for $1000 that can be purchased at any retailer right now for $749. How about that.

Same clown that *had to have* a rifle I was selling. We spoke multiple times over the phone, emailed back and forth, and had a week long textversation where we agreed on a trade and a date to try to sync up. He then proceeded to completely ghost me by refusing to respond to texts/emails and not returning missed calls/voicemails. A real douche canoe, if you ask me. I can’t stand people who lack common decency. Can I say douche canoe on here? Anyway, duck that dude. He can duck right off. Ducking assclown.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.

Somebody should do the same thing to this dude. Lead him on and then disappear. I've had people do that to me also. I had one claim that he got in a car accident on the way to pickup and had to go to emergency room but was okay and was back home all in a space of 2.5hrs---ya right.
    He contacted me the next day saying he was wanting to come get it, blah blah blah. I told to come on and get it the next day, meanwhile I sold it to someone else and then told him to eat sh** and die.
    There are people that get their jollies doing these types of things for some braindead reason.

Last edited:

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Today at noon I stopped at the Academy in Kenner, plenty of CCI 22 LR, fair amount of 223, 7.63X39, some 40 and 45 and other assorted calibers, no 9mm.

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    Same in Gretna, went about 10am this morning. Not much handgun ammo, but rifle rounds out the wazoo. 556 hovering around 60cpr. I overpaid for some 45 steel case just to make the trip feel worthwhile lol

Prices still make me twitch, but certainly seems like nature is healing. They had a couple dozen handguns in the case for MSRP as well.

Top Bottom