And the best metal framed 9mm is...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dmh

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    All just opinions here but nods to the Browning Hi Power. You couldn't give me a P7, too much of a solution in search of a problem with low capacity to boot. To me the CZ just wants to grow up to be a Hi Power. Good trigger, good capacity, great ergonamics.

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    All just opinions here but nods to the Browning Hi Power. You couldn't give me a P7, too much of a solution in search of a problem with low capacity to boot. To me the CZ just wants to grow up to be a Hi Power. Good trigger, good capacity, great ergonamics.

Fair enough.

Last edited:

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA

What about a P7m13?

Pricey to be sure...but I just asked about "best" and didn't ask about price. :)

Just yanking on your chain and stirring the pot a tad.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Redundant......

Not really. An example would be:

Because I like revolvers better.

or

Because I shoot this lil wheelgun better than any other I've tried

or

Because I'd rather settle for both tiny bullets and no capacity :)

Just taking out the poop stick Brother, pot stirring, and all that. Have always liked the lil moonclipped pocket rockets. No. Really. :)

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I like polymer semi-auto 9mm's and I figure if your going to go all metal might as well go revolver. 940s are pretty rare pieces to come across. Only other all metal pistol worth mentioning in my book is a 1911.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Baby Eagle. Because Baby Eagles are AWESOME. I have a polymer .40 for carry, but I'm sure the metal frames are just as good, albeit heavier.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I got a BHP, vintage 1972 with the low profile sights, not the adjustable, and a spur hammer. I think that's the perfect metal pistol. I can't dig on the 1911s much - just not keen on them. A BHP was just the epitome of perfection in SAO, and similar guns since have just been twists and flavors - nothing like the original in style, comfort, etc. Mine's also a freakin' accurate little nutjob too. A buddy of mine that used to do NRA Bullseye Pistol competition took it up, and showed me just how accurate it can be. I thought _I_ did good out to 50 yards, but he was dinging 4" plates at 50 yards like no big deal.

Anyways, great pistol.

dmh

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Too many parts in a P7 serving no real purpose to me. JM Browning and Dieudonne Saive built a gun that everybody tried to copy and since every wondernine copied it after that it's my choice. There's been a lot of Euro cops and American gun collectors that have had AD's with that thing, and yes training is important, but many plain citizens and even cops have the worst gun handling and fundamentals that I see it as even worse to muddy the waters with a multiple squeeze option, it confuses people. Also the Euro style mag release is just horrendous. All just opinion of course but I take it this was open to discussion. :)

Last edited:

dmh

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    We're on the same page. One tweaked by C&S or Novaks with good sights and a slight beavertail, stippled grip, no mag safety and a built up safety lever with 17 rd quality mags is the recipe for me.

dmh

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    I've only seen pics of what King's used to do, but they were definitely innovative. I still have early King's ambi safeties and other bits on some of my older 1911's. That has to be one you regret letting go.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom