And the results are in...[Pics included]

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    A bow is good, and I'd gladly have him along. I'll gladly have anyone along that wants to come, but he'll need at least a reel and rest for the bow. I may have an extra arrow he could borrow...unless he's already set up for it...then I'd feel stupid. Haha.

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    A bow is good, and I'd gladly have him along. I'll gladly have anyone along that wants to come, but he'll need at least a reel and rest for the bow. I may have an extra arrow he could borrow...unless he's already set up for it...then I'd feel stupid. Haha.

No he has the whole bowfish setup.....sorry I didnt't make that clear.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    Hey, Bravo.
    One other thought about fishing at the Bar Pits. They're are little cuts or ditches that link some of the Pits together. There is where you'll prob. have the best luck.
    It seemed to me that the smaller the cut the more gar they had. (within reason). ;)

Art

reelkaos

Rookie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Springfield
    I used to live in Maurepas by the Blind River. There is a Garfish Rodeo at the Blind River Bar in early August. The fishermen get 25 jugs each and run them from Friday night till Sunday morning and bring the catch to the bar. The biggest that I have seen is about 7 ft and 135 lbs.

The volunteers at the dock take them and put them on a big table one at a time and filet them. They start with a meat clever and electrical pliers. They hold the dorsal fin with the pliers and whack the fin off from the back. Then another person with a knife cuts the skin back from top down just enough to expose the roast of meat. Then she cuts it out. It is then sent to be diced into little pieces and fried. Everyone eats for free.

It is not too bad, are you ready for this? It is kind of like chicken. :rofl:
    Bring some dipping sauce!

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    I'm a salt water snob with a new-to-me Kingfisher setup.
    What can I shoot in salt water in LA? In MS?

Last edited:

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    In LA you can shoot gar, red drum, flounder, and any fish not defined as a popular game species by the Dept. Of Wildlife and Fisheries. They have a list of those somewhere...

Top Bottom