Another shooting in California...over 25 shot at a Health and Human services of Calif

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Intrestingly enough I just gave a speech in class last night about mass shootings in an attempt to persuade my classmates to allow conceal carry in gun free zones by those that have conceal carry permits.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Should their be some minimum requirement? Yes
    What should it be? I'm not sure

That's the same type of attitude the "mouth breathers" have.

Mouth Breather: "We want free housing!"
    Competent Person: "Who is going to pay for that?"
    Mouth Breather: "I don't know, but we want free housing!"

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Well most of our founders believed there should have been a minimum requirement to be allowed to vote the biggest option on thd table at that time was land ownership because that is how taxes were assesed. Ben Fanklin contended that if you werent paying taxes you shouldnt vote. His famous quote refers to once the idiots realizes they could ote for a living it would end this grand experiment.

Should their be some minimum requirement? Yes
    What should it be? I'm not sure
    Were the founders intending on any ole mouth breather being able to vote? No!!

They ended up with "All" because it was hard to sit there and argue for a brand new country based on personal freedoms and liberty; but only if you had money! ;)

I agree that the system has lacked the necessary protections from parasites; and most worrisome, just plain dummies; but what ya gonna do? I really don't see this thing staying together much longer without, sad to day, some major armed uprising. The acceleration of the dismantling of the traditional US from just 30 years ago to today is astounding to say the least. Yet not many even notice! And the traditionalist movement is getting it's ass kicked on regular basis now!

This shooting is just the latest harbinger of sorrow for this country. The arrogance and defiance of facing the truth by the dumbass and his ilk is as Dave says, treasonous! And we are all just sitting around waiting for more of them to tell us what to do next!

Merry Christmas! :wtc:

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Intrestingly enough I just gave a speech in class last night about mass shootings in an attempt to persuade my classmates to allow conceal carry in gun free zones by those that have conceal carry permits.

If, they truthfully tell us to what extent these psychos were protected by body armor, I will come back and tell you if a pistol round would have been a sufficient equalizer or at least some sort of de-escalator. You will never hear me say or agree that having a firearm as opposed to just holding my dick in my hand is useless. But there is something to be said for a great defense (body armor), on top of a great offense (AK or AR rounds), against a modest defense (.380 acp). <Just an example.

Last edited:

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Today and last night I watched CNN...NBC...And CBS news. I also read a number of articles from various newspapers. The most recent catch phrase seems to be "Mass Shootings"

I decided to Google this term and found a pretty detailed Congressional Report which breaks down the data of Mass Shooting.

Most of the Journalist seem to use this as the catch-all phrase and they are truly implying that these nutcase or terrorist mass shootings are an outrageously high number this year. I heard one major network throw out a number of over 500 Mass Shooting so far this year. That's over 1 a day.

So...Since I know that there is no way we have had 500 Sandy Hooks or similar shootings such as yesterday...I want to point out where they are getting these crazy numbers from. They are including family suicide murder case....Gang related shootings.....And some are even including shootings such as the Bunny Friend Park shooting in New Orleans even though that incident resulted in ZERO DEATHS. Anyway...yep...The data thrown out there is very skewed.

Heres a link to the US Congressional Report - Mass Murder with Firearms: Incidents and
    Victims, 1999-2013
    https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R44126.pdf

Below are just a very few excerpts. Anyway...Its a lot of good data showing that most shootings and homicides are domestic disputes...ie- murder suicides

Key Takeaways of This Report
    • For 15 years (1999-2013), the United States has seen about 31 mass murders per year on average that resulted
    in four or more persons being murdered in a single incident. Of those incidents, CRS has confirmed that 21 per
    year on average were committed entirely with firearms.
    • Of those mass murders with firearms, 4.4 per year on average were mass public shootings that occurred in one
    or more public locations, such as a workplace, school, restaurant, house of worship, neighborhood, or other
    public setting.
    • For the same 15 years, the United States has seen about 8.5 familicide mass shootings per year on average, in
    which offenders typically murdered their domestic partners and children in private residences or secluded,
    sparsely populated settings, and 8.3 other felony mass shootings per year on average, in which offenders
    committed murders as part of some other underlying criminal activity (robbery, insurance fraud, or criminal
    competition) or commonplace circumstance (argument).
    • Since the 2012 Newtown, CT, tragedy, the national dialogue on gun violence has been focused on mass public
    shootings, partly due to several such shootings in recent years (2007, 2009, and 2012) that resulted in double digit
    victim counts.
    • Based on five-year annual averages, the United States saw an uptick in the prevalence and deadliness of mass
    public shootings for the last five years (2009-2013). However, those increases were largely driven by a few
    incidents in 2012. If 2012 were excluded, the averages would actually have been lower than the preceding five year
    period (2004-2008).
    • For 44 years (1970-2013), the prevalence of mass public shootings has increased: 1.1 incidents per year on
    average in the 1970s, 2.7 in the 1980s, 4.0 in the 1990s, 4.1 in the 2000s, and 4.5 in the first four years of the
    2010s.
    • Generalizations about offenders who commit mass public shootings are often carried over and applied to other
    offenders, who commit mass shootings under different circumstances. The three broad patterns of firearmsrelated
    mass murders identified in this report—public, familicide, and other felony—present different, but
    sometimes overlapping, sets of issues and challenges.

According to one journal article, in 2010 the FBI adopted a revised definition of mass murder,
    that is, murderous events resulting in at least four deaths normally taking place at one or more
    geographical locations relatively near one another.

This revised definition indicates that the
    potential overlap between mass and spree murders is an issue that has been addressed. As
    demonstrated below, the definitions used in this report of three, overarching mass shooting
    patterns—mass public shooting, familicide mass shooting, and other felony mass shooting—
    mirror in part concepts and definitions developed by FBI profilers.

According to the Crime Classification Manual,
    there are two basic types, or
    categories, of mass murder. There are “classic mass murders” and “family mass murders.” A
    “classic mass murder” is generally thought to involve one person operating in one location during
    one period of time, which could be minutes, hours, or even days.

“The classic mass murder
    prototype is a mentally disordered individual whose problems have increased to the point that he
    acts out against groups of people who are unrelated to him or his problems.”

This profile
    sometimes, but not always, fits the profile of offenders involved in mass public shootings.
    A “familicide” mass murder is generally agreed to involve an offender who kills four or more
    family members, most commonly a spouse or intimate partner and children. In this report, mass
    shootings involving the murder of family members by non-family members are not characterized
    as familicides. As demonstrated below, offenders in mass public shootings and familicide mass
    shootings often share some of the same attributes. For example, in mass public shootings and
    familicide mass shootings, nearly all the offenders were lone assailants. Over half of the offenders
    in either type of mass murder committed suicide or were killed by responding police, when they
    resisted arrest. In many cases, the offenders had little or no practical expectation of escape.

Table 1. Mass Shootings: Five-Year Annual Averages
    ----------------Incidents-----Victims-----Killed Victims-----Wounded Total Casualties
    1999-2003-----20.8---------- 95.8-------22.4----------------118.2
    2004-2008 -----20.2 --------99.0 -------19.4 ---------------118.4
    2009-2013 -----22.4 -------116.0 -------46.4 ---------------162.4
    Source: CRS analysis of FBI Supplementary Homicide Reports, press accounts, agency press releases, and other
    compilations by mass media and advocacy groups.
    Notes: “Mass shooting” means a multiple homicide incident in which four or more victims are murdered with
    firearms—not including the offender(s)—within one event, and in one or more locations in close geographical
    proximity.
    =======Table 2. ===========

Mass Public Shootings: Five-Year Annual Averages
    1999-2003 ----------2004-2008 -------------2009-2013
    Incidents
    ----4. 2 -----------------4. 2------------------------ 4. 8
    Victims Killed
    ---23. 6 ---------------28. 6 ----------------------37. 0
    Victims Wounded
    15. 2 -----------------17. 2 ----------------------33. 4
    Total Casualties
    38. 8 ---------------45. 8 ----------------------70. 4

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Seems the FBI needs to revise the definitions of mass murders to include: Those killings committed by individuals so weak minded they believe that a fantasy land exists where 64 Arab virgins have modern plumbing and hygiene, and don't need to be beaten into submission to fornicate with; and they are killing innocent people in the name of another fantasy!

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    They ended up with "All" because it was hard to sit there and argue for a brand new country based on personal freedoms and liberty; but only if you had money! ;)

I agree that the system has lacked the necessary protections from parasites; and most worrisome, just plain dummies; but what ya gonna do? I really don't see this thing staying together much longer without, sad to day, some major armed uprising. The acceleration of the dismantling of the traditional US from just 30 years ago to today is astounding to say the least. Yet not many even notice! And the traditionalist movement is getting it's ass kicked on regular basis now!

This shooting is just the latest harbinger of sorrow for this country. The arrogance and defiance of facing the truth by the dumbass and his ilk is as Dave says, treasonous! And we are all just sitting around waiting for more of them to tell us what to do next!

Merry Christmas! :wtc:

Agreed. The "hold-up" was to prevent creating a continious noble/peasent based society.

Thats kind of why I favor some sort of intellegents testing. I mean we provide every child a free education its not like it was 240 years ago when only the wealthy could learn.

The problem is like all things in our society it could become an abused power and I dont think we have enough great minds/ture statesmen to construct something in a way to insure that it never becomes abused.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    So much for the "he just snapped" theory. :rolleyes:

I guess we can soon expect our great leader to suggest sensible, common sense pipe bomb legislation. :o

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Was just told these two Sunday School dropouts had over 1600 rounds of ammo in the truck. Don't know it that is true, but that is a lot of potential graves!

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    A liberal co-worker demanded to know why there was no law prohibiting making pipe bombs. I didn't bother......

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    You know what would be a great idea with all current terrorist attacks? Let's take in a 100k Muslims and hope none of them belong to or have ties to a terrorist or extremist group

Top Bottom