Any concern about Trump's "They will listen to me" statement?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I may be the only one that noticed or that it bothered, but did anyone else have their ears perk up when Trump made the comment about the military ""listening to him" in regard to going after the families of terrorists?

In case you missed it, they asked Trump about whether his comments about torture, etc. would hurt the country in international relations. Apparently he has mentioned going after the families of terrorists. I fully admit I am not knowledgeable about military law, but I believe it was Rubio who pointed out that going after non-combatants was against military law/code of conduct. (Correct me if I'm wrong here) Trump then made the comment about "they will listen to me" above the law.

Now I hate terrorists as much as anyone else and understand that normal "rules" don't apply, but a lot of our current issues are due to the president/politicians not following the law. I realize it's a lot of leaps, but how about that constitutional law regarding illegal search and seizure? Maybe at your house taking your firearms?

It's easy to get behind a guy who throws out all the stuff we are angry about, but if you don't have laws/rules you don't have a society. Again... I'm probably paranoid so feel free to tell me I'm wrong.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'll say it again. Trump is the true outsider. He does not get the intel and briefings Rubio and Cruz get as members of the Senate. Kasich was up there too.

No one in the history of the republic was less qualified and less prepared to be the President than the dumbass. Even that moron was reigned in by the rules once he realized how that works despite his efforts to rule as an all knowing king. Trump too, if elected, will face those same boundaries.

Just the words; "Establishment Republicans" should make everyone shudder every time they hear it. The media throws that around as if it is some kind of honor. Those scumbags are why we are where we are now. Be very suspect of why they are willing to whore out anyone (Romney), to stop Trump!

At this point, I am happy with any of the four remaining to make it. However, Rubio is my last choice because he too scripted with his canned phrases and comebacks. If the "establishment" makes a deal to get someone to drop out, I hope Cruz tells them to kiss his ass. Rubio is their boy!

And if you are going to hurl personal attacks a la Trump style, you should not have ears like the Green Goblin. :mamoru:
    iu

iu

Poor bastard! I can't hear anything he says without looking at those flappers on the side of his head! :mamoru:

Last edited:

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    He never said that he would send soldiers to assassinate the terrorists families like the MSM keep implying. But he would not warn them to prevent collateral damage in an airstrike.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I'll say it again. Trump is the true outsider. He does not get the intel and briefings Rubio and Cruz get as members of the Senate. Kasich was up there too.

No one in the history of the republic was less qualified and less prepared to be the President than the dumbass. Even that moron was reigned in by the rules once he realized how that works despite his efforts to rule as an all knowing king. Trump too, if elected, will face those same boundaries.

Just the words; "Establishment Republicans" should make everyone shudder every time they hear it. The media throws that around as if it is some kind of honor. Those scumbags are why we are where we are now. Be very suspect of why they are willing to whore out anyone (Romney), to stop Trump!

At this point, I am happy with any of the four remaining to make it. However, Rubio is my last choice because he too scripted with his canned phrases and comebacks. If the "establishment" makes a deal to get someone to drop out, I hope Cruz tells them to kiss his ass. Rubio is their boy!

I really hope Cruz understands if he were currently in the lead, it would have been Romney getting paid to attack HIM, yesterday.

As you stated- the establishment has their boy in place. And he's getting dissected. They are proving they will do ANYTHING to keep themselves in power. Screw what the people say or think!

To me, they are no different than the filthy Clinton machine. :madfawk:

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Trump is a cult of his own personality................and classless.............but I will support him against the Hillary

Ditto. However, at his point in the game it's really too late who gets the nomination and who doesn't. The Republicans have destroyed each other to the point that Hilary is all but guaranteed the presidency. Did you watch that circus act last night? What an embarrassment. We are witnessing the death of the Republican party ladies and gents. I believe the 2 party system needs to die. I just wish it were the Democrat party to die first.

Hey Emp.. Take it east on the head wings man. It's not our fault..... Bad genetics. :mamoru:

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I am completely on board the "anti-establishment" train. It's just that I believe Cruz is the guy who will buck the system back to what the founders intended, rather than doing it by the seat of his pants a' la Trump. The framework of our system is the best in history (IMHO), currently being mucked up by the establishment of both parties.

I would like to have a good idea of what the long term goal is before throwing a grenade in the room. With Trump I have no idea...

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Trump can never win. He has pissed off too many people. His Mexican comments alone will prevent him from getting any hispanic votes. Trump is not my favorite but what a wild ride it would be!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Trump can never win. He has pissed off too many people. His Mexican comments alone will prevent him from getting any hispanic votes. Trump is not my favorite but what a wild ride it would be!

Don't underestimate the Hispanics that have no use or affinity for the border jumpers! After all, they are not blacks! :p

Besides, the illegal flow is not primarily Mexicans. And these different Latin American countries despise one another! Not as bad as Sunni and Shia, but along the same kind of mindset.

Only phony liberals group them all together like they are one voting bloc. Just like they do with blacks, and every other human lever puller they herd.

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I am completely on board the "anti-establishment" train. It's just that I believe Cruz is the guy who will buck the system back to what the founders intended, rather than doing it by the seat of his pants a' la Trump. The framework of our system is the best in history (IMHO), currently being mucked up by the establishment of both parties.

I would like to have a good idea of what the long term goal is before throwing a grenade in the room. With Trump I have no idea...

^^ this^^

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    Someone told me the funniest thing: that what ever my buddy thinks, Trump says! He speaks for most of America. I'm in Atlanta, some guy next to me said he is going to vote Trump, just because he is not a politician. Go figure? I know I'm sick of the cry babies and the government pissing our money away!

fallingbird

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Metairie
    Dude walks into a Mexican bookstore and askes for Trump's book on immigration.

Mexican says "get the f*ck outta here and no come back!!"

Dude says "that's it!, but do you have it in paperback?"

:rofl:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom