Anyone Else Notice The Intentional Ignoring Of Ron Paul ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    I was pointing this our last night. The medial intentionally ignores him, blows him off and writes him off as a kook. I believe they see him as a real and formidable threat for more than a couple resons. 1) He has been a consistent constitutionalist with a proven track record. 2) I don't believe he is "Bought and paid for" like most other nominees who are part of the old establishment.

I don't agree with him on foreign policy. I think that's the main thing that turns people off about him but there is a whole lot more to like about him than not. I see Ron Paul stickers on cars, I see his name all over the internet, I meet people in person who praise him... I see, read and hear his name everywhere I go but for some reason the "Polls" have him in last place everytime. I think people are starting to wake up to the ******** the media wants us to believe. Like he said last night on the debate" I believe the biggest misconception people have about me is that I can't win."

I admit he is not good in debates. Selling himself is not his strongsuit. If you want a salesman, look at Romney. Something about that guy I don't trust.

Last edited:

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    people in this country want someone who will be like an evening dinner host as president... someone who can make eliquent toasts, bs while drinking whiskey, and charm the wives... Ron Paul is not this guy therefore those addicted to American entertainment ignore him...

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    Russo, I totally agree. That's what got Obama elected. But I believe that people have been waking up to the fact they've been lied to by the media for some time now. That is why people have been turning to alternative sources for information, like the internet. Hence the SOPA Act. I believe alot of the people that were sheep 3 years ago are more aware now and less asleep at the wheel. Maybe not as many as we would like, but some nonetheless. Social engineering and popular culture are to blame.

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    ive been following Ron Paul since 08 and the more you listen to him, the more you realize that government cannot solve our problems, nor does it have the power it claims it does... we are an arrogant nation, we dont need to be in everyone's personal life, and our spending is out of control.. the other characters are the exact same as last time (08)..

Mitt Romney = McCain
    Rick Santorum = Rudy Guilliani
    Newt Gingrich = Huckabee

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Paul is, and always has been consistant. He has also been Consistantly not in line with many social conservative voters, Foreign Policy concerned republicans (and the experts), and generally main stream republicanism. He is far the the left of Obama on some things, and far to the right of santorum on others. His interpretation of the Constitution is different than many constitutional scholors, and he has his own skeletons (just like EVERY politician, i'm not judging him here).

Main stream media ignores him because he's just not in line with pretty much any main stream republican philosophy. He has zero chance of winning the republican nomination, and zero chance of winning the general election. He has an active minority of cult like followers that are VERY loud and very "insistant" (kind of like the agressive panhandlers of New Orleans), but not enough of a following to really get him anywhere, just like in '08.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Maybe it's b/c he's the ONLY '1' Presidential Candidate out of 5 running, with Active Military Experience and we all know that Military leaders are hot heads right? :dunno:

some_goat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baker/Central area
    Ron who ? I had a talk with a buddy of mine and his perception aswell as many other uninformed others is that Ron Paul doesnt have the look . Ppl are also to involved in the "Look" of a President , so not only is he old to the commonly ignorant political news watcher I.E. John Stewert & Steven Cobert he also is very mean . And because he comes up with solutions that involve cutting spending instead of spending money the Lame stream media ignores him because of it . So as the more sense he makes the more he most be ignored because he may seem more qualified than the prettier ppl .

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I will give the old boy credit; last night he was the only one that answered the questions as they were presented to him.

And he is right about this, his message has to shift aways from foreign policy and more on the bankrupting of America. I just don't think enough Americans know what he's talking about for it to matter, however.

Interesting fact: He is second in overall delegate count.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Maybe he is a "liberal" plant, (he will run as an independent), to take away enough voters in the general election from the GOP candidate and this will ensure a BHO RE-ELECTION.

Could be the whole idea of him running, to be sure BHO gets re-elected.

It's food for thought.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Maybe he is a "liberal" plant, (he will run as an independent), to take away enough voters in the general election from the GOP candidate and this will ensure a BHO RE-ELECTION.

Could be the whole idea of him running, to be sure BHO gets re-elected.

It's food for thought.

That's an absolute PLANT of a post. :rolleyes:

a 30+ years of consistent conservative voting and values ‘plant’ to allow for BHO to get re-elected? yea nice plant.

...where's my tin foil...

DAUC

running from safety
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    NOLA
    I regularly ignore Ron Paul anyway. I also ignored David Duke when he was the flavor of the month.

How can you ignore any possible candidate? they could be leading you one day. I may not like what they have to say, but I sure as hell listen to what each candidate has to say. How else do you know who your favorite candidate is? already decided?

This country is too closed minded. Once you have an idea in your head, no one can change that and it's dangerous. There is definitely not a stand out correct choice so to dismiss what Ron Paul believes in is wrong. At least he is willing to actually stand up for his country instead of try to give it away. you make me sick

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    How can you ignore any possible candidate? they could be leading you one day. I may not like what they have to say, but I sure as hell listen to what each candidate has to say. How else do you know who your favorite candidate is? already decided?

This country is too closed minded. Once you have an idea in your head, no one can change that and it's dangerous. There is definitely not a stand out correct choice so to dismiss what Ron Paul believes in is wrong. At least he is willing to actually stand up for his country instead of try to give it away. you make me sick

Until the morally bankrupt media outlets (or network and print sheep herders), are out of business; you get what they dish out!

sonanth

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    New Iberia, LA
    The media did the same thing during the last election concerning Obama's and Biden's ridiculous comments/promises: totally ignored them. They were too busy dragging McCain's and Palin's images through the mud.

I'd like to see Ron Paul elected just to see what he would get done, if anything at all.

Top Bottom