Are we going to see a hurricane in a couple days?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I may get to go play FEMA in N.Terrebonne tomorrow.
    Broke D*** BIL the big millwright along the river has been setting on his man vagina since wed. evening with no power and 2 generators he can't get started.
    I'm like dawg I'm too old to be holding yalls hand and driving 100 miles to play fema.
    So if your around Bullrun rd stop in, He appears to be easy?

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I may get to go play FEMA in N.Terrebonne tomorrow.
    Broke D*** BIL the big millwright along the river has been setting on his man vagina since wed. evening with no power and 2 generators he can't get started.
    I'm like dawg I'm too old to be holding yalls hand and driving 100 miles to play fema.
    So if your around Bullrun rd stop in, He appears to be easy?
    Easy???
    For what? WAMP?

mod1911a

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Covington, LA
    I may be late to this thread (haven't read through all 11 pages), but I have to add my 2 cents. National Hurricane Center was a total fail with their persistent westward-weighted track prediction. Our local weather guys on 4 and 8 were adamant about the eastward track the entire event.
    Another federal agency that we can add to our list of incompetent performance.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    BIL got busy this am when he found out I was going to Houma, He's got 1 running!

It gets better, This tool calls me up and he's gone to his grease monkey job on the river leaving the 2 women on a small generator, He has a track record of booking it out of the work area.
    He's like Oh they'll be alright, I'm like dude you're boss doesn't understand the situation or you called in looking to haul butt, He hung up on me....hahaha

Last edited:

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    BIL got busy this am when he found out I was going to Houma, He's got 1 running!

It gets better, This tool calls me up and he's gone to his grease monkey job on the river leaving the 2 women on a small generator, He has a track record of booking it out of the work area.
    He's like Oh they'll be alright, I'm like dude you're boss doesn't understand the situation or you called in looking to haul butt, He hung up on me....hahaha
    This douche should lose his man card. Sounds like a liability to me. If I ever tried that crap with my wife- which I wouldn’t- she’d divorce me. On my wedding day her father explained to me about his backhoe and what would happen to me should I not be a decent husband. (This man was a shipyard foreman for over 45 years…) Times have changed my friends.

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    7D89F230-7E84-4EBE-A344-4D1EBF2120F7.jpeg

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Last night at 7pm I get back from my In-laws house in St Bernard with a gassed up generator and 2 cans of non-ethenal gas. Right after I unload and start the generator, the power is restored. I cursed out Energy for their timing and my Wife couldn't stop laughing.
    I'm sure she enjoyed the moment :) Would you have rather the power stay off for another 12 hours?

Hey, you did ur duty, did it well. They just called a truce at the 11th hour.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Last night at 7pm I get back from my In-laws house in St Bernard with a gassed up generator and 2 cans of non-ethenal gas. Right after I unload and start the generator, the power is restored. I cursed out Energy for their timing and my Wife couldn't stop laughing.
    that's why my generator is in my garage collecting dust. The power goes out and I'm thinking, oh how long will it be? 5 min? 5 hours? days? You just don't know, and end up not pulling it out and just waiting for the lights to turn back on. So yea, I have a 7000 running watt honda powered gen just collecting dust b/c I'm too lazy to pull it out when the lights go out. And now run a standby system that's automatic.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    The power goes out and I'm thinking, oh how long will it be? 5 min? 5 hours? days?
    Sounds like an Eric Clapton song "River of Tears" EC wrote it after his 5 or 6 yo son fell out of a floor to ceiling window in NYC, 25 stories up. His mother's apartment, Clapton's estranged wife at the time. I saw him perform it at the Superdome somewhere around 1997 I'm gonna guess. I'd go again tomorrow to see him sing/play it again, at most any cost. Good grief what a moving song. I read his book, his bio, a great read. EC was an alcoholic and drug abuser for decades. The death of his young son didn't help.

Lord, how long have I got to keep on running?
    Seven hours, seven days or seven years?
    All I know is, since you've been gone
    Feel like I'm drowning in a river
    Drowning in a river of tears
    Drowning in a river
    Feel like I'm drowning
    Drowning in a river

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Sounds like an Eric Clapton song "River of Tears" EC wrote it after his 5 or 6 yo son fell out of a floor to ceiling window in NYC, 25 stories up. His mother's apartment, Clapton's estranged wife at the time. I saw him perform it at the Superdome somewhere around 1997 I'm gonna guess. I'd go again tomorrow to see him sing/play it again, at most any cost. Good grief what a moving song. I read his book, his bio, a great read. EC was an alcoholic and drug abuser for decades. The death of his young son didn't help.

Lord, how long have I got to keep on running?
    Seven hours, seven days or seven years?
    All I know is, since you've been gone
    Feel like I'm drowning in a river
    Drowning in a river of tears
    Drowning in a river
    Feel like I'm drowning
    Drowning in a river
    Was that not "Tears in Heaven"?

Added:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Was that not "Tears in Heaven"?
    No river of tears. I'm listening to it right now, I have the Pilgrim cd ripped to digital. I'm sure you can find it on youtube. well worth the listen. I'd post it here but I have been so OT posting today its not funny. I'll post it in "Music your listening to" in a few minutes.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    No river of tears. I'm listening to it right now, I have the Pilgrim cd ripped to digital. I'm sure you can find it on youtube. well worth the listen. I'd post it here but I have been so OT posting today its not funny. I'll post it in "Music your listening to" in a few minutes.
    Thanks Brother...

Top Bottom