Are we going to see a hurricane in a couple days?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    I keep hearing conflicting reports. The weather reports shows a tropical deppression but the local sheriff is saying a cat 1 hurricane.

What are you hearing?

Gumby Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2024
    Jackson Ms metro
    May want to go buy a boat ,you folks along the coast are going to get drenched!
    Even all the way up to Jackson news tonight says possibly up to 7 “ of rain!

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I'm watching the system down toward South America and the two out in the Atlantic.

I have a Firman T09371 generator and a GenTent XL Extreme for the Firman. About the best advice I can give on this short notice is use Stabil 360 Marine. It's made for humid environments.

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    I'm watching the system down toward South America and the two out in the Atlantic.

I have a Firman T09371 generator and a GenTent XL Extreme for the Firman. About the best advice I can give on this short notice is use Stabil 360 Marine. It's made for humid environments.
    I have a small 2500watt gen, keep meaning to pu a 2nd one but....

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I have a small 2500watt gen, keep meaning to pu a 2nd one but....
    Lowes can be pretty good about stocking some gens. I highly recommend Firman. If you're looking to add another quickly, a few phone calls can save you time and driving.

My T09371 is a tri-fuel generator. I stock treated gasoline for the main fuel and propane as back-up. Propane and natural gas burn hotter than gasoline so I primarily use gasoline. Gasoline also produces more power than the other two fuels.

I may add a 2nd generator as well. Firman's T04073 burns far less fuel than the T09371 but produces enough power for bare necessities. The T04073 is not a whole-house gen but there could come a time where we need to conserve fuel.

I pulled my generator out and let it run a while day-before-yesterday. Make sure everything's in tip-top shape. Make sure you have oil for oil changes, etc.

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    This morning Peyton Malone on WWL radio said it's coming ashore east of Cameron as a Cat 1, but "some" models are showing possibly strengthening into a high level cat 2 or mild cat 3. He didn't say which models were indicating that, and I haven't heard it anywhere else. He also said the projected track moved a little more East from last night bringing it's path closer to New Orleans.

Last edited:

Scrape

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2024
    French Settlement
    I use a weather site called “Mikes Weather”. A complete one stop shopping for any and everything weather related.
    Search Mikes Weather Page. Good stuff.

There’s an embedded site there called Windy.com. It shows the wind currents and other details, is also can be scrolled thru out several days for projected travel paths that are very accurate.

And for those who just gotta know how many earthquakes have been recorded in the last 24 hrs… there’s that kinda of info as well…..

Good stuff!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Barnettmickey
    Top Bottom