Arrested by the Philadelphia PD for OC

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Regardless of the guys intention, the cops handled this VERY poorly in my opinion.

No doubt. The cops' handling of the situation, especially the continued cursing after he knew that the guy had a CHP and was recording the encounter, wins all involved a retard award. At some point you probably should get a clue that you may be in the wrong. Perhaps you may want to look up the directive that the guy is citing? It is not until the end when he is returning the guys gun and giving him the information on how to file a complaint that he acts civil.

While not surprising, I am disappointed with the lack of knowledge of basic firearms law.

I like the charges. You never know what will happen in court so I won't make a prediction on whether he walks or not, but from what I heard, the only person recklessly endangering anyone was the LEO. The guy should have complied instead of questioning the officer out of a sense of self preservation. It could have ended badly for the citizen.

Alls well that ends well. Maybe he will get a new motorcycle out of it.

Last edited:

eman2k5

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    Covington, LA
    is it legal to not give the officer your id in louisiana? just wondering after watching a few of these types of videos.

Yes its resisting.

§108 B(1) (C). Resisting an officer
    (c) Refusal by the arrested or detained party to give his name and make his identity known to the arresting or detaining officer or providing false information regarding the identity of such party to the officer.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    is it legal to not give the officer your id in louisiana? just wondering after watching a few of these types of videos.

Yes its resisting.

(c) Refusal by the arrested or detained party to give his name and make his identity known to the arresting or detaining officer or providing false information regarding the identity of such party to the officer.

Whoa, Not Exactly Sir.

Key wording;
    1: Arrested or Detained (Past tense)
    2: Make identity known doesn't exactly mean show Drivers License.

I'll assume that diat150 was referring to Driver's License ID. In that case if you are driving and you are encountered by LE and they request your Drivers License then YES you must provide ID. Passenger not required to show DL card but must identify themselves if requested.

However there is no Law that declares Citizens to carry any sort of identification card while walking their dog(Example) or riding in a car.

However during ANY LE encounter, you must at a minimum identify yourself if requested. This doesn't mean with any sort of State issued ID card, it just means you must at least give your name.(And possible DOB)

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Why would a officer take someones word on who they are ? Sorry valid state ID is what I will belive over word of mouth.

:doh: Brother, you might better clarify this with your superiors/peers before you falsely arrest someone for not giving you a State ID which might cost your department a Motorcycle. ;)

Seriously though. :eek3:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles

"Assuming you could not get a field AFIS unit, how would you get him to a machine without arresting him? if you did arrest him, what would be the charge?"

Either way what law is it that you are basing your perception of civilians having to have an ID on their person?

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    confused.gif

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Another identification situation but a little different being the camera-man is a mere bystander with a camera.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pNPVEOPVgQ[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BwQQSo9YX4[/ame]

Last edited:
    Top Bottom