Bayou Shooter group camp. Estimating interest...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stormrider54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dutchtown
    I suggest Chico State park is nice, also has long nature trail for hiking is desired. I will do tent or motorhome. Aprox. 2hr drive from Baton Rouge. They have showers and rest rooms also. Located just outside of Ville Platte. At the same time I will say that I am open to camp just about anywhere.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Staying in a cabin is not camping, as I keep telling my wife. At least its more honest than pulling up in a 25+ foot RV and calling that camping! (true camping involves sleeping in a tent) However, Tickfaw would give the option for both. I'd vote for Tickfaw.
    Next question, are you bringing the kids/wives/ girlfriends or is this a bs members only trip?

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Hmmmm?!? No guns, no wives, all dudes, secluded camp site........:ghey:

:mamoru:

lol, whatever dude, bring the wives and children. Don't matter none to me!

I tried for guns thank you very much! And Tickfaw isn't secluded. Keep your fantasies to yourself :rofl:

Last edited:

stormrider54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dutchtown
    As far as I am concerned, I LIKE CAMPING. Tickfaw in tent works for me, RV works for me, cabins work for me, it's all about getting to know each other and having a good time. I went camping earlier this spring by motorcycle and tent(met guy from Canada that builds his own black powder rifles, he spends his summers shooting in competitions and reenactments). I just got back from Kansas where I took my motorhome (met several people that sold all they have and live whereever they park their RV)

You want tent camping, I'm in. You want RV, I'm in. I enjoy meeting people and camping. My goal is to enjoy myself.

Just let me know when and where. LET'S DO IT!

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Yrdawg does that mean you are in?

And I have gotten several pm's on this, and everyone except one person said they'd rather just BS members, so I reckon lets try to stick with that. Judging by the ssame PMs it seems as though everyone likes the idea of Tickfaw State Park. So as far as a date goes...

Sep 10th and 11th?
    Sep 24th and 25th?
    Oct 8th and 9th?

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    And I have gotten several pm's on this, and everyone except one person said they'd rather just BS members, so I reckon lets try to stick with that.

I am trying to envision myself(married for umpteen-thousand years with kids) in this scenario, and I will admit I am Pussywhipped; but how are you married guys going to justify this all guy overnight campout outside of a hunting season?

stormrider54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dutchtown
    I am trying to envision myself(married for umpteen-thousand years with kids) in this scenario, and I will admit I am Pussywhipped; but how are you married guys going to justify this all guy overnight campout outside of a hunting season?

I've been married for 26 yrs now, it's easy. Tell your better half that you are going camping in a tent on the hard cold ground with the guys, wanna go?

If she does, bring her along.

stormrider54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dutchtown
    Yrdawg does that mean you are in?

And I have gotten several pm's on this, and everyone except one person said they'd rather just BS members, so I reckon lets try to stick with that. Judging by the ssame PMs it seems as though everyone likes the idea of Tickfaw State Park. So as far as a date goes...

Sep 10th and 11th?
    Sep 24th and 25th?
    Oct 8th and 9th?

I vote 24th & 25th.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Doubt it OP...I'd love to, just too many limiting factors

I have always loved camping but last few years have slowed a lot of that down.

Top Bottom