Biblical Artifacts Declared Fakes: Arrests in Israel for Forgery

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wadepat2

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jan 10, 2008
    Delcambre,La
    Thats the effect the Bible had on me in 1984, I have read just a few articles and books to prove and / or disprove the accuracy or authenticity of the Bible.

In reality, to me anyway, the God I beleive in can make this book say to me what ever He wants me to hear when ever He wants me to hear it, it matters not if it was or wasn't translated / written over by the worlds worst despots or by the pen of Jesus of Nazereth Himself.

King David, we all know what a wild child he was, still, God calls him a man after Gods own heart.....David was serious about God and a fighter, a warrior, how much more could any one of us fit in.

This is what I have found to be true :
    Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. (30) For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
    Mt 11 : 29

What I tried to make difficult in the beginning by imposing a bunch of man rules on myself, or by letting other Christians impose on me..it wasn't hard at all. It isn't heavy at all.

+1 same here Dawg

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    For myself, I fell away from religion many years ago, and I never looked back, but my interest in theology has stayed with me. I studied it for six years at Loyola University, then continued reading book after book after book about it from treatises on Vedic stories and the development of Islam to an analysis of the new testament as literature and to the philosophy of man as defined in the writings of Thomas Aquinas or the evolution of the Christian faiths as influenced by historical figures like Paul or Justinian.

Since I was raised catholic, naturally I rebelled most strongly against the contradictions of my native religion, but later I came to realize that people either accept faith or they don't. I don't, but the phenomenon fascinates me, and I respect the choices of (most) others.

Catholic dogma holds that nothing man can do can influence God's decision to bestow grace. Thinking that prayer or good deeds will coerce God into bestowing grace on a person is abrogating the divine prerogative. One lives a good life, because one wants to live a good life, not because it will garner goodies from the divine.

I think this is as good an understanding of the way we understand the Christian God as any other, but so long as they don't cause hatred or foster ignorance I'm OK with others.

Cocked

Feeling Cocky
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I'm asking questions based on your idea unguided personal responsibility. You have your own idea of what it is for no particular reason, but you seem to think everyone else should feel the same.

I'm not suggesting that I think people should feel like I do, in fact I'm suggesting that is impossible. We are all unguided, to think otherwise is an illusion. The personal responsibility is nothing more than the acceptance of the individual ability to enact free will. The fact that everyone has to live their own life and make decisions for themselves is natural phenomenon. The experiences of an individual are bound to the subjectivity of that person. The questions that you were asking were perfect examples of beginning to see the world through your own eyes.... But don't take my word for it. :)

Top Bottom