Biblical Artifacts Declared Fakes: Arrests in Israel for Forgery

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    All of this sounds like the classic existential fear of being free. Most people don't want to be trusted with their own will so they adopt law and religion as a guiding force and become part of the collective- it reduces their responsibility for their actions and gives them a point of view to judge others (which works to reinforce the beliefs that they were given). Man will survive with and without God or Laws. Personal responsibility - get some.

That right there ^^^^^ is good point, one I've considered with way out fundemantal Christians as well

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods

If I'm right , and God is Jehovah, the one true God, what point would His creation's ( us ) have if they could not make a free choice?? I can fill a shoe up with rocks and call them friends but if they don't chooze to love me.....what have I got, ?? slaves

Slaves don't glorify their master, they obey out of fear

So by making a conscience decision to love and ? or obey Him we demonstrate our Love, it follows that personal responsibility is in play, in regard to religious beliefs , personal action toward others an how we live in general.

I really don't belong in a conversation about the existence of God, I am tainted cause I am a True Believer, One God, Jehovah, One Savior...Jesus, ..and to bind it all together Gods Holy Spirit

My Belief ...

Dawg

RCRAMIE

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Lake Charles
    If I'm right , and God is Jehovah, the one true God, what point would His creation's ( us ) have if they could not make a free choice?? I can fill a shoe up with rocks and call them friends but if they don't chooze to love me.....what have I got, ?? slaves

Slaves don't glorify their master, they obey out of fear

So by making a conscience decision to love and ? or obey Him we demonstrate our Love, it follows that personal responsibility is in play, in regard to religious beliefs , personal action toward others an how we live in general.

I really don't belong in a conversation about the existence of God, I am tainted cause I am a True Believer, One God, Jehovah, One Savior...Jesus, ..and to bind it all together Gods Holy Spirit

My Belief ...

Dawg

No you belong because from what I seen you can express your view and beliefs with out resorting to name calling.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    All of this sounds like the classic existential fear of being free. Most people don't want to be trusted with their own will so they adopt law and religion as a guiding force and become part of the collective- it reduces their responsibility for their actions and gives them a point of view to judge others (which works to reinforce the beliefs that they were given). Man will survive with and without God or Laws. Personal responsibility - get some.

This sounds like the fundamentalist who won't look outside of whatever he/she has accepted - usually without much study but that matters little. They come in all religions and sects. I call them "Opposames".

I don't think Man will survive (long) collectively if we don't follow the Laws of Creation (which the Ten Commandments captures some aspects of it, I guess). Warfare and Greed has destroyed many - both people and nations - and if we don't get our collective acts together perhaps the bulk of the population on the planet.

Just my two cents.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Not going to read through it. However, why believe in a book that many men wrote over the years?

Cause education is necessary for survival ??

Cause if your gonna be ever vigilant you need to know the true definition of evil ?

Cause the Bible itself claims to be the Word of God, that alone would make me curious ??

I dunno the answer, maybe these thinking points will help you find yours.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    This sounds like the fundamentalist who won't look outside of whatever he/she has accepted - usually without much study but that matters little. They come in all religions and sects. I call them "Opposames".

I don't think Man will survive (long) collectively if we don't follow the Laws of Creation (which the Ten Commandments captures some aspects of it, I guess). Warfare and Greed has destroyed many - both people and nations - and if we don't get our collective acts together perhaps the bulk of the population on the planet.

Just my two cents.

opposames.......yea, they're against everything, they're non conformist to the point of conformity

maybe will be known in history as the plague of the evangelical church

Jesus was inclusive..man, was He inclusive,.. his congregation looks like my circle of friends, some nice , some not so nice, some outlaws, some inlaws, some a combo outlaw / inlaw...but all friends

This fragmented religion of works is real good in establishing hierarchy in churches, leading to hurt feelings, splits, losses of good people, self destroying

We forget,

The rich and the poor, they’ve got this in common
    The Lord is the maker of ‘em all
    The bum in the boxcar the guitar pickin’ rock star

Hallelujah Hallelujah
    He knows when the sparrow flies and when that sparrow falls
    The quiet and the loud the humble and the proud

The lost and the found they’ve got this in common
    The hands that have to fight the hands that pray for peace at night
    The Lord is the maker off ‘em all

Hallelujah Hallelujah
    The givers and the takers the movers and the shakers

Well, Hallelujah Hallelujah
    The left and the right the black and the white
    The losers and the winners the saints and the sinners
    Yeah, the Lord is the maker of us all

Christian lyrics - THE MAKER OF THEM ALL LYRICS - GUY PENROD

wadepat2

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jan 10, 2008
    Delcambre,La
    Good Christian song to start off the day we worship our Lord and Savior. Thanks Dawg .

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhWFbM2tOoY[/ame]

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    ^^^^^

thas the one.....

No smoke and mirrors, no heavy metal, no graphics........but then I'm a Sou Gospel kinda guy

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Not going to read through it. However, why believe in a book that many men wrote over the years?
    History is a series of books written by many men over many years, too. There will be errors of perception and there will be disinformation (if the subject matter is important enough) but don't throw the baby out with the bath water. There is plenty of Truth to be found in the Holy Books on this planet - not just the Bible - but you have a Mind and you have resources. If you wish to SEEK the Truth (as much as man can) then you are truly capable.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yes there is something to hold me accountable society. Courts, judges and jury. People who believe in god still kill. I don't know where you think this believe in something you cannot prove stops people from doing bad things. I find it more scary the way you say it, that you and people who believe don't kill, steal or rape because you scared of a god. I find people like me who don't kill, steal, or rape because we know its not good better to be around. Are you telling me that if Monday they proved to the world without a shadow of a doubt there was no god you would go on a killing spree? Why do I want to help people because we have something in common we are all humans, I also rescue dogs. The animal world can live in peace and they have no soul or god to worship.

I don't care if only one person kills abortion doctors in the name of their religion its one to many, of course I know you don't share that feeling. Yes people is the problem but what better cause to rally people under than religion.

Still don't get where you think without god we have no accountability?

Actually most religions only believe their people have those god given rights where I feel we all have the same rights.

And who do you think makes up society, courts, and judges? Our laws are certainly not founded in atheism.

People who believe in God still kill, yes. But believing in God and living by God (the one I believe in at least) are very different things.

People's principles keep them from doing bad things. For those that lack principles, consequences sometimes do the trick unless they think they can get away with it. Where do these principles come from? Either some form of faith or a drive within the person to do good.
    You're probably thinking the latter applies to you, and it does, but it clashes with your disbelief in a creator. Without a creator and universal truths from it, there is no good or bad. Your beliefs says we have rights and should help each other, but your beliefs also say our existence is pointless, and nothing we do matters anyway. You contradict yourself.

The animal world lives in peace? We aren't animals (other than the biological sense). Many animal have babies they don't take care of. That behavior hasn't been working out too well for humanity. Animals also have instincts that drive them to behave in a certain way. Humans have very few instincts.

I can't speak for other religions, but Christianity doesn't take rights from non-believers. Our country is a perfect example of this.

Also, a true Christian doesn't follow God out of fear. That's a selfish motive. We do it because we see his goodness and love.

Get some says who? You? What am I responsible for? Can decide I for myself, or do I have to get approval from someone else? Why do I need it all?

The most read book in human history can't possibly contain anything of value, right?

pkett44

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Yazoo Co., Ms.
    One day,we will see the face of GOD and all things will be clear and all questions will be answered. Until then it is all faith. All things are not proveable beyond doubt. I believe that the Bible is the inspired word of GOD and that's good enough for me!

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    You are an interesting person. Every time I think I have you pigeon-holed you come up with something like this. Damn!

Thats the effect the Bible had on me in 1984, I have read just a few articles and books to prove and / or disprove the accuracy or authenticity of the Bible.

In reality, to me anyway, the God I beleive in can make this book say to me what ever He wants me to hear when ever He wants me to hear it, it matters not if it was or wasn't translated / written over by the worlds worst despots or by the pen of Jesus of Nazereth Himself.

King David, we all know what a wild child he was, still, God calls him a man after Gods own heart.....David was serious about God and a fighter, a warrior, how much more could any one of us fit in.

This is what I have found to be true :
    Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. (30) For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
    Mt 11 : 29

What I tried to make difficult in the beginning by imposing a bunch of man rules on myself, or by letting other Christians impose on me..it wasn't hard at all. It isn't heavy at all.

Top Bottom