Biden considering trying to BAN weapons by EO

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Registration of all firearms is the foot in the door to confiscation. Some here may argue that, but I’m thinking they’d eventually come to realize the truth.... like when people show up and start reading them their list and taking their guns.

I didn't take my post far enough, but yes, I agree.

snowman

Been there, done that
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 7, 2020
    SE Baton Rouge, La.
    Civil war 2? If this happens 99% will turn their guns in while proudly wearing their mask

I really doubt that. I think no more than 20 percent would turn in a weapon. Even in Australia and New Zealand, a strong majority have not complied. In Australia, you can have a gun but you have to have a good reason. Self defense is specifically excluded by law.

pptpe45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    They have to ban in steps. Assault weapons first (whatever that is). Then semi-auto pistols. Then shotguns. Then an all out ban. If they try to do too much at one time, the next storming of the Capital may not be as peaceful and may be with armed patriots. Hate to see it but... But even removing these anti-gun politicians (by the ballot box) does not remove the true enemy. The true enemy is the liberal media and the companies that control them. Just read the article to see how bias the reporting is. Words and terms like 'massacre', 'gun violence', and others, included in the false polls and statistics. We, as knowledgeable and lawful gun owners, need to educate those who don't know the facts. Makes me wonder how many would change their minds on some of the subject if they knew the facts.

DrKalashnikov

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    New Orleans, LA
    Unless they can either threaten into submission or buy off Joe Manchin they aren’t getting their 50 votes. Plus the filibuster is still a thing, at least currently. Most of this is political posturing. Sheila Jackson Lee submits the same stupid gun bills in every congress, never even makes it out of committee. Even the most ardent anti gun liberals have admitted extended background checks (whatever the hell that means) is the most they can hope for without a super majority. Their majority is razor thin and without joe manchin they don’t have a majority. As long as those turn coats Susan Collins and Comoany dont cross the aisle we are safe as of now from any substantial type of gun legislation. I also think you’d have many pro 2A states refuse to enforce any type of serious attempts at confiscation or bans. Look at how states give the feds the middle
    finger with legal marijuana. I don’t see the feds storming legal weed shops confiscating product, when it is blatantly illegal under federal law.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The Nazis actually improved gun rights for the population under Hitler. I wouldn't use this argument.

Yeah, sure, unless you were a Jew!
    I’ve read tons from both sides of the argument Gus. Lots of speculation on both sides if you are honest with yourself. I will use this argument because it fits the agenda that’s so prevalent in this age. I’ll use the argument because people need to know that just because unspeakable things happened in our past doesn’t mean they can’t or won’t happen again. Hitler’s regime did indeed disarm the Jewish population. Jews were the race that he hated. If you had to choose one race that is on the top of the hate list in the US, I wonder which race that might be. I’m pretty sure white men are the most hated people in the US. When Don Lemmon can give a 10 minute rant on National television proclaiming that we are the evil problem in this country I think it’s pretty clear. There’s no doubt in my mind that they want to disarm this nation. Gun registration is a tool they hope to use for obvious reasons. To deny that is worse than naive.

Last edited:

burien

Burien
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    People talk of freedom then require a bill of sale for a firearm yep y’all are doing Joe’s work for him.

davidd

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    People talk of freedom then require a bill of sale for a firearm yep y’all are doing Joe’s work for him.

The reason the current system 'mostly' works is due to personal responsibility. I consider it my personal responsibility to NOT transfer a firearm to someone I can reasonably suspect is a person who should not have a firearm. I do not want the associated liability. I also consider it my responsibility to protect myself and further reduce my liability. Thus, the handwritten bill of sale. I make no apologies whatsoever for doing so.

Your mileage may vary...

Last edited:

burien

Burien
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    The reason the current system 'mostly' works is due to personal responsibility. I consider it my personal responsibility to NOT transfer a firearm to someone I can reasonably suspect is a person who should not have a firearm. I do not want the associated liability. I also consider it my responsibility to protect myself and further reduce my liability. Thus, the handwritten bill of sale. I make no apologies whatsoever for doing so.

Your mileage may vary...

Sounds like you are one of the gun owners polled who are in favor of *universal background checks* how progressive of you, this ends in No more private sales with ffl transfer fees and wait times of up to 28 days to take possession. So no apology needed, you will universally get your way, responsible gun owners lose yet another freedom. Don’t forget the one gun per month limit also to prevent *stockpiles* our grandchildren are going to lose so much.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Sounds like you are one of the gun owners polled who are in favor of *universal background checks* how progressive of you, this ends in No more private sales with ffl transfer fees and wait times of up to 28 days to take possession. So no apology needed, you will universally get your way, responsible gun owners lose yet another freedom. Don’t forget the one gun per month limit also to prevent *stockpiles* our grandchildren are going to lose so much.

It appears you have assigned him an opinion not supported by his posts and are attacking him based on that made up opinion. His posts actually seem to suggest he is against universal background checks. When he sells a firearm, he currently has the option of conducting the transaction at an ffl. It seems reasonable to say that someone for universal background checks would choose a background check if that were an option. The fact he requires a handwritten bill of sale instead suggests he doesn't believe a background check is necessary.

He does not want to be the cause of a firearm getting into the wrong hands. Do you? A seller wanting to see an id and list a name on a receipt is an easy way to deter buyers who shouldn't be trying to buy a firearm as those buyers would prefer nothing leading to them.

Let's create a scenario. Let's say you listed a firearm for sale and got a reply. When you went to meet them, you see they are wearing an ankle monitor. Do you assume it's none of your business? Do you ask about it? Or do you abandon that sale?

davidd

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It appears you have assigned him an opinion not supported by his posts and are attacking him based on that made up opinion. His posts actually seem to suggest he is against universal background checks. When he sells a firearm, he currently has the option of conducting the transaction at an ffl. It seems reasonable to say that someone for universal background checks would choose a background check if that were an option. The fact he requires a handwritten bill of sale instead suggests he doesn't believe a background check is necessary.

He does not want to be the cause of a firearm getting into the wrong hands. Do you? A seller wanting to see an id and list a name on a receipt is an easy way to deter buyers who shouldn't be trying to buy a firearm as those buyers would prefer nothing leading to them.

Let's create a scenario. Let's say you listed a firearm for sale and got a reply. When you went to meet them, you see they are wearing an ankle monitor. Do you assume it's none of your business? Do you ask about it? Or do you abandon that sale?

Thank you TH. I do appreciate your response.

If anyone "required" me to turn in my bills of sale for private transactions, I'd likely burn them first, as I have no legal obligation to even have them. They exist strictly to protect myself and my family from liability. I hope that clears up any questions about my position.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Let's create a scenario. Let's say you listed a firearm for sale and got a reply.(Within 40 minutes) When you went to meet them, you see they are wearing an ankle monitor. Do you assume it's none of your business? Do you ask about it? Or do you abandon that sale?

FIFU

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Yeah, sure, unless you were a Jew!
    I’ve read tons from both sides of the argument Gus. Lots of speculation on both sides if you are honest with yourself. I will use this argument because it fits the agenda that’s so prevalent in this age. I’ll use the argument because people need to know that just because unspeakable things happened in our past doesn’t mean they can’t or won’t happen again. Hitler’s regime did indeed disarm the Jewish population. Jews were the race that he hated. If you had to choose one race that is on the top of the hate list in the US, I wonder which race that might be. I’m pretty sure white men are the most hated people in the US. When Don Lemmon can give a 10 minute rant on National television proclaiming that we are the evil problem in this country I think it’s pretty clear. There’s no doubt in my mind that they want to disarm this nation. Gun registration is a tool they hope to use for obvious reasons. To deny that is worse than naive.

It was oppression by a government who needed a scapegoat. The Nazis also killed millions who were armed as good as anyone.

The problem with using this argument is that it's a lie. The lie taints the message and it loses its effectiveness.

Wasn’t that only after he feared an invasion of Germany from East and West?
    Before the end, children were given anti-tank rockets.

No.

How did that work for my mother's birth parents in occupied France ?

You know. The ones she couldn't even remember. The grandparents I never had.

How is this even in the same ballpark as domestic gun laws? The French lack of civilian arms wasn't due to Nazi Germany, it was due to French law.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't have arms, only that the Nazi Germany gun law argument doesn't hold water and shouldn't be used.

There are better arguments.

burien

Burien
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Y’all please do us all a favor and don’t keep guns in your vehicle Especially with that big Glock or sig sticker identifying your vehicle as a place one may find guns.

If you don’t like the person you meet to sell a gun tell them you changed your mind and are going to just keep it.

Top Bottom