Biking

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Anyone ever go out to the Comite or Hooper trails? I try to go to the Comite every weekend and am always interested in meeting new biking buddies!

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I used to go every day i was off, (at least 3-4 days a week) but then i got out of it when i got sick a year or so back. Just starting to ride again but have only been on the rd. I plan on starting to go back out there again as soon as I get my fiancee a bike.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I used to go every day i was off, (at least 3-4 days a week) but then i got out of it when i got sick a year or so back. Just starting to ride again but have only been on the rd. I plan on starting to go back out there again as soon as I get my fiancee a bike.
    Awesome! I try to go every weekend. If you ever need someone to ride with, hit me up via PM on here. I go out with a small group of buddies normally and we ride at casual speeds most of the time. Occasionally whenever we are training for races we pick it up, but it just isn't as fun blazing through the trails.

Anyone ever tried the Hooper trails? I did them once a few years back during an Adventure Race and am going out Saturday to try to learn them. I remember them being not to hilly and rather easy.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I never formally went to the hooper, but did the little "river trail" that connects them, and have done both properties completely in one day several times. I just got to get back into better shape. Got up to 200lbs and felt worthless, but im back around 175 now, so ill probably start going again really soon.
    I also ride for work and have been IPMBA certified for years.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I never formally went to the hooper, but did the little "river trail" that connects them, and have done both properties completely in one day several times. I just got to get back into better shape. Got up to 200lbs and felt worthless, but im back around 175 now, so ill probably start going again really soon.
    I also ride for work and have been IPMBA certified for years.
    You sir are really setting yourself up for a bike-cop joke :P

And 175 is not bad at all. I am at 150 and would like to get up to 165 or so.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I used to make fun of cops on bikes till I went through the training to do it. We learn everything from riding up and down several flights of stairs to fighting from/off of the bike and how to properly use the bike as a weapon. Plus that matched with riding 40-50 miles a day in full gear really opened my eyes.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I used to make fun of cops on bikes till I went through the training to do it. We learn everything from riding up and down several flights of stairs to fighting from/off of the bike and how to properly use the bike as a weapon. Plus that matched with riding 40-50 miles a day in full gear really opened my eyes.
    Yeah, I figured as much. I still find it funny to see cops on bikes, especially around LSU, but I can definitely see the benefits of having police and EMT's on bikes. Where all do you ride your bike at for the PD? Also, does it have any cool lights or sirens on it? Serious question btw. I actually saw a cop in Tennessee that was working a mall parking lot that had a siren and blue / white lights on his bike. Oh, and if we ever go biking together, I expect you to show me some of the techniques on how to use a bike as a weapon. :)

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

I had met a guy that was a bike guy for DPS but can't remember his name. Guess I'm getting old. :(

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    I go just about every Tues/Thurs when its not raining and many Sat mornings. Its a great workout and gets you away from the crazies in life for a while.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I go just about every Tues/Thurs when its not raining and many Sat mornings. Its a great workout and gets you away from the crazies in life for a while.
    I like it :) I am going to the Comite this Sunday around 11 AM if anyone wants to meet up.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Anyone ever go out to the Comite or Hooper trails? I try to go to the Comite every weekend and am always interested in meeting new biking buddies!

I rode 5-6 days a week before I started Crossfit. Mostly around the lakes.

Maybe I should make sure my bike still works lol.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Its supposed to be pretty sloppy out there.
    Yum. Mud. It really isn't bad whenever it is wet from my experience. Sand if what is bad. (I'm waiting for the jokes for that one!) I went last weekend and it wasn't bad at all. My buddy is going tomorrow so I am sure he will let me know if it is too bad though.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I rode 5-6 days a week before I started Crossfit. Mostly around the lakes.

Maybe I should make sure my bike still works lol.
    Haha! Good idea!! I am actually taking mine to the shop tomorrow to have it looked at by a professional. It has been squeaking by the pedals and it needs new breaks. You should come join us one weekend and see if Crossfit helps with biking (it does).

On a side note...three cops posting in a row. Impressive.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Haha! Good idea!! I am actually taking mine to the shop tomorrow to have it looked at by a professional. It has been squeaking by the pedals and it needs new breaks. You should come join us one weekend and see if Crossfit helps with biking (it does).

On a side note...three cops posting in a row. Impressive.

Lol I don't know. Last time I rode between Crossfit days I messed up my back.

Besides, after tonight I don't have the means to transport my bike. Not for a while at least :(

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Im kinda in the same boat. I could always throw it in the back of the jeep, but id rather not. I had a hitch mounted carrier but i lost it in the move. I need to get another one, or a spare tire mounted carrier.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Thats how i transport mine for work. Used to have a rack on the car, but someone at one of the LSU games thought it would be funny to cut the straps on 9 units bike racks.

Top Bottom