Biking

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Been a half dozen times and never seen a sign, and no one's stated the rules to me. I'll continue to carry until one of those magical signs falls in my lap or someone tells me not to.
    There is definitely one sign..possibly two. Lets go back on the topic of biking though. Anyone tried the beast in st francisville!

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    not trying to start a "screw the signs" hijack. On the topic of biking/hiking/outdoors stuff im -always- armed, because im 100x more likely to encounter a snake/animal/etc.

regards to st. francisville:
    No, I haven't tried. I still have the bike but haven't ridden in years. I got aggressive (addicted?) to weight lifting and now my major cardio achievement is an 8-ish minute mile. I'd bet I couldn't ride for a half hour. lol.

This thread has me about ready to wash the bike and pick up an old hobby... I could see myself getting back into it.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    not trying to start a "screw the signs" hijack. On the topic of biking/hiking/outdoors stuff im -always- armed, because im 100x more likely to encounter a snake/animal/etc.

regards to st. francisville:
    No, I haven't tried. I still have the bike but haven't ridden in years. I got aggressive (addicted?) to weight lifting and now my major cardio achievement is an 8-ish minute mile. I'd bet I couldn't ride for a half hour. lol.

This thread has me about ready to wash the bike and pick up an old hobby... I could see myself getting back into it.
    I won't disagree with you. I doubt anyone would say anything to you as long as you aren't acting like an idiot or are somewhere in the "brandishing" category.

Biking really isn't that hard if you keep a decent pace. It is a great cardio workout in addition to working your legs and surprisingly, your arms (holding on to the bike).

If you are not familiar with the trails, come ride with us a few times and we can show you around. A lot of people get confused their first time out there.

Also, you should really get back into it. It is fun, affordable, and a great workout.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    3:00 Sunday at the comite trails. Pm me or respond here if interested in a meet up. Casual pace aimed at recovering from lsu tomorrow night :)

jhprejean

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Denham Springs, LA
    BRAMBA is putting on a big group ride tomorrow at 9:30am at Comite for BRAMBA members... Food, prizes, etc. if you're not a BRAMBA member you can show up for 9am and sign up for $20.. Members get a tee shirt and discounts at local bike shops.

Tweek

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    madisonville, louisiana
    I see alot of people are from the BR area but if you ever get a chance you should check out the trail at Bogue Chitto State park in Franklinton. Bike trails 5 miles,pretty well groomed and has some nice downhills. If your alittle braver they have around 20 miles of horse trails that are doable if its not your first time. Keep in mind the bike trail is packed lime stone and horse trails are just grassy/ hard packed dirt.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I really need to get back into biking. I am way too out of shape for off-road riding. Or much road riding. I have not been there in a few years, but if any of you are in the Ruston area, Lincoln Parish Park has a great trail, used to be about a 10 mile loop around the park.

http://park.lincolnparish.org/

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Well, I opted to catch a stomach bug this weekend and not go biking. Looks like I won't be working out for a few days either. FML!

GLOCKCRAZZ

Custom Sheath Maker
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    May 23, 2007
    BR AREA
    Just saw this topic.
    I go out there on the group rides.
    Ride about once a week. Looks like the rain is going to mess this week up.

Sent from the Bayou Custom Sheaths workbench.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Just saw this topic.
    I go out there on the group rides.
    Ride about once a week. Looks like the rain is going to mess this week up.

Sent from the Bayou Custom Sheaths workbench.
    I might go up this weekend. Not sure yet. Haven't gone for a couple of weeks due to lsu football and weather :(

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    It is nearing beautiful Saturday biking days after LSU football is over. Who's pumped?!

Sent from my Galaxy S4

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Feel free to come out and ride our trail at the Spillway. We have the series finale of the State Series there this weekend so come on out and race!

What trail are you talking about? Link? Are you part owner or what?

Bcomeaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Abita Springs
    I see alot of people are from the BR area but if you ever get a chance you should check out the trail at Bogue Chitto State park in Franklinton. Bike trails 5 miles,pretty well groomed and has some nice downhills. If your alittle braver they have around 20 miles of horse trails that are doable if its not your first time. Keep in mind the bike trail is packed lime stone and horse trails are just grassy/ hard packed dirt.

I might check this one out. Sounds like fun.

Top Bottom