Biking

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I love all that outdoorsy stuff.

Did she know ahead of time that the trails would probably suck, there were bugs and she'd probably get sweaty and gross?
    Lol. She has been before but "forgot how terrible it was." She likes outdoorsy stuff too - she is just terrible at biking. I attribute it to her being out of shape, haha. I will probably bring her brother again, but I need to teach him how to not break bikes on trees and how to properly go down hills.

We need to have a BayouShooter Bike-a-thon this fall when the weather gets nice. I hear that alphine dude to could show us some cool bike tricks :P haha

I'm not a rider but have a comment. I was behind a bike on La. 16 in French Settlement yesterday morning before daylight. I was probably a half mile behind him and could see his flashing red tail light. That was one fine light, 20 or 30 years ago cop cars didn't have that good of a light.
    Yup, the new LEDs work wonders. My helmet has a red LED that either flashes or just stays on, but I never ride at night so I have never used it.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Hahaha yeah. I might be down for that.

I'll try and gather some bike cops too. I've learned some fancy tricks from one of my bike cop friends lol.

jhprejean

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Denham Springs, LA
    I ride comite every weekend and usually try to make the BRAMBA group rides. Always looking for people to ride with. Text me next time you go and we can meet up. 225.610.4438 -Josh

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I ride comite every weekend and usually try to make the BRAMBA group rides. Always looking for people to ride with. Text me next time you go and we can meet up. 225.610.4438 -Josh
    Will do. I will probably be going out there Sunday afternoon (3:00 or so) (Saturdays will now be reserved for LSU football) for the next couple of months. RedStickChick, you're welcome to join us.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Is this where ya'll are talking about? Beware if it is.

http://www.wbrz.com/videos/trucks-broken-into-at-central-brec-park/
    It is. It sucks that we live in a world of thieves and liars, but what can ya do? Crime is everywhere. I find that most of the guys out there are pretty cool and look out for everyones' interest while out on the trails and at the trailhead. I have stopped a couple of times to help people fix things on their bikes and I have had people do the same with me.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    And it's another good ole gun free zone too.
    Yeah. Right. I have seen plenty of people out there with pistols at the 5:00 position. I think Brec should install some security cameras to watch the area where cars are parked. They would also help incase someone were "lost" in the trails. It would be easy to see who goes in and out. I think I might email them that suggestion.

Top Bottom