Bump in the night

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RM Holsters

Aware
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    So you hear a bump in the night, it warrants some investigation, but you assume its not a full on attack.

Do you full kit up with combat boots to NVG complete with helmet, body armor, battle rifle and...?

Do you grab nightstand weapon & flashlight, stay in whatever sleep attire, walk out barefoot?

What if you need to go outside, do you take the time to go get dressed or just throw on shoes and be the fat crazy man with a gun in his underwear chasing after a punk trying to break into your shed?

I like the battle belt with underwear and tennis shoes scenario the most.:D

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Crocks, Nods, Whitey tidies, and a SOPMOD M4 preferably with giggle switch engaged. (Brown thunders acceptable as well)

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Well if hear something enough to the point that I know someone is in the house. I’m not getting all dressed up special for the occasion like I’m in a 1980’s action movie getting ready for combat montage.

I’d recommend calling 911 and sitting tight if possible with a firearm.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RM Holsters

Aware
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    1. Afraid to ask what "brown thunders" are.
    2. Didn't even think about calling 911, need to add phone to war belt.
    3. Animal jamjams, are they fuzzy on the inside as well for your pleasure?

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    So you hear a bump in the night, it warrants some investigation, but you assume its not a full on attack.
    Do you full kit up with combat boots to NVG complete with helmet, body armor, battle rifle and...?
    Do you grab nightstand weapon & flashlight, stay in whatever sleep attire, walk out barefoot?
    What if you need to go outside, do you take the time to go get dressed or just throw on shoes and be the fat crazy man with a gun in his underwear chasing after a punk trying to break into your shed?

I check to make sure my wife was still in bed. Grab my G20 and check to see that my daughters are safe. Then I check the house for the source of the bump in the night. I would not go outside to investigate anything. If I saw anything outside through a window I would call 911 and stay on the line until the police arrive. My #1 priority is to defend my family.

FYI - Kee, I love the Low Rider IWB Holster you make! My favorite IWB holster by far.

Rocko68

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 27, 2019
    New Orleans, La
    My dogs are the frontline, and hopefully that's enough. If not then probably me in my drawers and a firearm, or the same thing only me in some of those jamjams y'all are talking about.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    I prefer to freeball it.
    It will momentarily distract the intruder so I can gain the advantage.
    Bonus effect is that it will make the 911 operator and responding officers at least get a good laugh.

Only problem is if I get my wedding tackle caught up in the rifle sling...
    Ouch.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Gonna grab the sheets, pull them over my head, and hope that the boogie-man under the bed goes and gets 'em.

Rocko68

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 27, 2019
    New Orleans, La
    I prefer to freeball it.
    It will momentarily distract the intruder so I can gain the advantage.
    Bonus effect is that it will make the 911 operator and responding officers at least get a good laugh.

Only problem is if I get my wedding tackle caught up in the rifle sling...
    Ouch.

Just hope there isn't a need to grapple in that circumstance. Then I'd imagine a naked crazy dude, armed and coming for ya should do the trick.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Just hope there isn't a need to grapple in that circumstance. Then I'd imagine a naked crazy dude, armed and coming for ya should do the trick.

My hopes exactly!
    ;)

Reminds me of Full Metal Jacket.
    *Let me hear your real war cry..... Ahhhhhhhhhh!*

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

Grabbing a suppressed short barrel AR. Wearing whatever I woke up in. Calling 911 or having my wife call. Staying right where I’m at if there is no reason to move about.

I’m not playing rambo and don’t suggest anyone else try it.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Grabbing a suppressed short barrel AR. Wearing whatever I woke up in. Calling 911 or having my wife call. Staying right where I’m at if there is no reason to move about.

I’m not playing rambo and don’t suggest anyone else try it.

I thought you had big bottles of syrup strategically staged throughout your house so any intruder would trip wires, become covered in syrup, and then be attacked by swarms of ants?

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I thought you had big bottles of syrup strategically staged throughout your house so any intruder would trip wires, become covered in syrup, and then be attacked by swarms of ants?

Dammit Austin you gave up my super secret home defense system and it's fire ant nests that is what the thieves deserve.

If something bumps in the night I listen for the dogs if they are not barking then I normally don't worry about it. If they are barking then a suppressed ar9 with 147gr HPs is right there to take care of things. I always sleep in some sort of shorts and shirt due to **** weather I would hate to have to leave the house in a hurry with only my banana hammock on I don't want to scar the kids as we run out of the house.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

I’ve watched Home Alone twice. It’s a good instructional VHS on how to set up defense systems in your home.

Top Bottom