Bump in the night

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    No lie here, but I recently had the alarm go off indicating a rear window is opened. I was dead asleep, but jumped up, boxers only and grabbed the nearest available item, a large tops fixed knife. So the alarms is blaring, wife and kid are dead asleep, alarm lady is yelling through the alarm keypad (professionally monitored!!!) and I am stalking a dark house with a knife.

Turns out the cleaning lady (judge my wife, not me) had opened the windows to clean them, and must not have got one of them completely shut.

Not sure what I would have done with an intruder but the large knife would have made it interesting.

I have been thinking a plate carrier with a handgun in a retention style holster, with a light on it, and a handheld light in a pouch would be a good bedside buddy. No easy way i can think of having a holster ready to use.

Police won't get there for a few minutes so no need to call them until my hearing comes back. At least that tops knife would have been quiet if I had to use it...

There was a pic circulating a while ago of a guy who made a underwear holster with a 380 and a small handheld light. Apparently he wore it to bed every night. I will see if I can find it. The ultimate chastity belt...

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    i have 2 dogs that bark at everything/anything, so thatll wake me before they get inside.

if the dogs dont alert me the dozen kittens from my girlfriends kitten rescue screaming for food at any person they see will definitely scare them off.

BrandonPle

Gunlover
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Watson
    Since I have 2 big ass fans going every night , I'd never hear it . But you'll be greeted by a large pitbull and his fuzzy teddy he carries every where . Then he'd make friends with the perp , and after a nice butt scratching he will lead you to the safe with the good stuff.
    As you see I am well prepared !
    No one can resist the lick-a-lotta pit !

Attachments

• IMG_20191005_091113999.jpg
      IMG_20191005_091113999.jpg
      228.8 KB · Views: 90
    Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Since I have 2 big ass fans going every night , I'd never hear it . But you'll be greeted by a large pitbull and his fuzzy teddy he carries every where . Then he'd make friends with the perp , and after a nice butt scratching he will lead you to the safe with the good stuff.
    As you see I am well prepared !
    No one can resist the lick-a-lotta pit !

Nice. I have a 14 year old lab who once was a great guard dog. But these days she sleeps through just about everything.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    My daughter has been home from school for weeks now. My wife has been working and too busy to worry about the house. There is no way in hell that a burglar will make it through the house in the dark! (not to mention I have 150 pounds of dog on our bed...)

RM Holsters

Aware
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    So typically I am armed with pistol, flashlight and underwear, walk the house and check things out. Dog outside but getting old and doesn't wake up like he used to. Young dog is locked in different bed room, going through heart worm treatment. Son is living in camper in back yard while being self quarantined because his job puts him in contact with a lot of the public. He calls me in the middle of night to say he hears someone messing around the shed. My motion activated lights behind the shed are on, so now to protect my family I have to traverse outside in above said outfit and tennis shoes. Turned out to be nothing, but got me to thinking about a better set up.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I yell at my 21 year old son to stop doing whatever he is doing before he wakes his mom up.
    Try and get back asleep.

Kajanone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    I got the drop on two local cops who snuck up on my house. Silent alarm in convenience store across street went off... Cops came to wrong address. My motion sensor lights and German Shepherd let me know someone was in the yard. I came around the corner from behind them while they were both distracted by the dog. Had my AR15 carbine at low ready with red dot laser on, blinding LED headlight, and the cutest heart covered boxers you’ve ever seen!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I got the drop on two local cops who snuck up on my house. Silent alarm in convenience store across street went off... Cops came to wrong address. My motion sensor lights and German Shepherd let me know someone was in the yard. I came around the corner from behind them while they were both distracted by the dog. Had my AR15 carbine at low ready with red dot laser on, blinding LED headlight, and the cutest heart covered boxers you’ve ever seen!

How did they respond to you 'getting the drop on them' while armed?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

That's a fantastic fictional tale of heroism.

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    Situational awareness and operational readiness. Go commando or Ranger panties whatever floats your boat. Just make sure your heads screwed on straight and your mags are loaded.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    i agree with everyone else that said along the lines of grab the gun, check on loved ones, and call 911. I see no need to go outside if everyone is inside safe

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

I too am interested to know more before I form my opinion on your character. Did you know who was out there, did you intentionally ‘get the drop’ on them? Did they identify or was it clear who you were dealing with prior to ‘getting the drop on them’? Did you identify? How did they respond? What was the interaction like? That could have been a giant $hit show.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom