Bump in the night

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Let’s take him at his word. What harm can it do? If it’s at all truthful and he’s willing to answer my questions honestly we may have an interesting dialogue.

Chapter 2 of his heroic tale will probably read like this...

fPer1SO_d.jpg

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I too am interested to know more before I form my opinion on your character. Did you know who was out there, did you intentionally ‘get the drop’ on them? Did they identify or was it clear who you were dealing with prior to ‘getting the drop on them’? Did you identify? How did they respond? What was the interaction like? That could have been a giant $hit show.

agreed. That could have very quickly and easily turned into a bad night for every one involved. I’m curious to how this turned out...

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I too am interested to know more before I form my opinion on your character. Did you know who was out there, did you intentionally ‘get the drop’ on them? Did they identify or was it clear who you were dealing with prior to ‘getting the drop on them’? Did you identify? How did they respond? What was the interaction like? That could have been a giant $hit show.

Be like me,Break wind,Roll over and go back to sleep!

:dogkeke:

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Years ago there was the proverbial bump in the night. Sounded like a lamp or other object had hit the floor. I laid there listening with 1911 in hand and after hearing nothing more began investigating. Tuned out that my wife had put one piece of clothes too much on the spring loaded hanging bar in the laundry room and it fell down. Now keep my G19, flashlight and car remote on the night stand, if need be I can press the horn alarm on the remote to alert anyone lurking around they might have been made. There is an exterior door in the bedroom so we can exit the house without going through the house.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Some of you people might want to invest in an alarm system with designated locations that will send alerts to your phone.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I got the drop on two local cops who snuck up on my house. Silent alarm in convenience store across street went off... Cops came to wrong address. My motion sensor lights and German Shepherd let me know someone was in the yard. I came around the corner from behind them while they were both distracted by the dog. Had my AR15 carbine at low ready with red dot laser on, blinding LED headlight, and the cutest heart covered boxers you’ve ever seen!

Don't worry about the haters on here. I'll back you up. I'll call over there and verify your story for you. When did it happen? And you said the alarm went off at the Citgo across the street? Do you remember which officers it was? It's alright if you don't. With only a handful of full time officers and a dozen or so reserve officers in that department, it shouldn't be too tough to verify the event. You're welcome to PM the details if you'd like.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Don't worry about the haters on here. I'll back you up. I'll call over there and verify your story for you. When did it happen? And you said the alarm went off at the Citgo across the street? Do you remember which officers it was? It's alright if you don't. With only a handful of full time officers and a dozen or so reserve officers in that department, it shouldn't be too tough to verify the event. You're welcome to PM the details if you'd like.

mSFXk2a.gif

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

I'll take 'Things that Didn't Happen' for $200, Alex.

Hermit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2007
    Ascension
    A few years ago, I had a "bump" in the night.
    It was some time after Hurricane Isaac (I think).
    I didn't know I needed a new roof 'til the dining room
    ceiling caved in at about 3:30 in the morning.
    I didn't need the G21 in my hands, but it was there. :D

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    agreed. I’ve noticed LOTS of new members signing up, but no new members posting and staying. I’ve had a couple different usernames due to forgetting passwords and whatnot, but I’ve been here 12/13yrs or so....

This isn’t my first username here either. My first account was made sometime in 2007.

A lot of people join just to sell things and that’s it. Some people joined a long time ago and rarely post.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

I want to play. What town was it in? Don’t cops just shoot the dang dog anymore? I thought that was our thing

562b31f96bd0e5a8c64f74e438804ef4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tdwarner
    Top Bottom