Can someone clue me in on the buffer zone?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    How large is the range? I would like to go and meet up with some of you.

Right at 300 yards - "Big enough to drive a freaking backhoe in" - A member here took a backhoe there & did some clean up. Thanks 'IPlayBass'

It has been a group effort on clean up & improvements to the borrow pit range.

Bring that .270 also

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    The range is a 25' deep pit measuring 100 yards wide by 250 yards long. There's (usually) a table at one end and a lot of lead at the other end. The great thing is since it's a hole in the ground you can shoot damned near anything you want in damned near any direction, and you don't have to worry about hitting anyone.

As for cops having a problem with it, it's funny. You see them out there all the time shooting their black rifles. They see us there and they immediately want to try out the AK. They're really a good bunch by and large.

chevydriver350

Young Padawong
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    kenner
    Hopfully in a week or 2 ill be bringing like 4 tables out there because the poor shot up one out there is held up with tanks as you probably saw. 2 weeks ago i was out there with monarch and an old man came down and talked to us for a while he said its been there for over 20 years as a shooting range so i dont think it bothers police or any one for that matter.

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    huh, interesting. I'm in need of a place to try out my new to me 30-06, only place "nearby" I could think of was Sherburne, which is what? 100 yds long? other than that it's go to a friend's farm property in N. La., but that's a 4 hour drive, only plus to that is I could shoot as far as the rifle will reach. I have my niece's b-day party this Sunday, but maybe I'll be able to take a ride out there another time.

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    The guy who is driving Sunday wants to go to HI. How often do ya'll go to the BZ to shoot? Next time I will drive myself and head out there.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Cubsfan and I are heading up kinda early too, but probably gonna stop at cracker barrel for breakfast first. be there 9ish.

Dave

Ike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2008
    Covington
    I went to tallow creek today. With a little work that place could be much better.

I may head out to the BZ tomorrow to look around. Probably won't shoot but may.

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    Hey today we ended up at the HI range today. It was the first time I got to shoot my AR and put about 300 rds through it! The Israeli surplus mags were good, all went in smooth straight out of the box and the only mag that jammed was an H&K one. The rifle shot straight right out of the box. I was knocking the steel gong at 100 yds shot after shot with open sights. I can't wait to go back out and shoot!

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Excellent! Hey Jayd I'm looking forward to the video. I had a really good time today, and I was only disappointed that I had to leave early. I suppoose it's for the best though, since I burned up damned near 500 rounds through that danged Romanian G build. I LOVE that gun!

Top Bottom