Cashless society very soon

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    No cash ?? How the crack ho's gonna make a living? And homey on the corner ain't gonna have no card reader so you can get a $10 rock on credit. The local business man won't be able to function, sounds like a fairy tale to me.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    No cash ?? How the crack ho's gonna make a living? And homey on the corner ain't gonna have no card reader so you can get a $10 rock on credit. The local business man won't be able to function, sounds like a fairy tale to me.
    Retailers and banks will stop dealing in cash when the government mandates the change. If there comes a day that retailers and banks don’t recognize paper currency, what will it be worth in any person’s hand? What will you be able to buy with it then? Who do you believe will accept it? I’m betting no one.
    After the civil war, confederate paper currency suddenly became completely worthless. That’s called American History. You’ll find fairy tales in the Fiction section.
    As far as your crack ho, they’ll accept whatever is deemed a valid currency at the time. Food stamp cards are routinely accepted for street drugs today.

Last edited:

saxmanson

Hardly Newbie
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Jan 3, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I didn't read anybody say it was worthless. I'd just rather not swap DNA or germs with a lot of folks right now. Some of em pickin their noises @ red lights or scratchin their ass crack while standin in line @ walmart. The fact is some people live like pigs, in their vehicles and at home. Not all but a few.

I wore a mask my last hair cut visit, only one in the shop with one out of 5 men and a child.
    Not to mention all the guys (and gals too, from what I'm hearing) whom we see using those filthy public bathrooms then exit without washing their hands. To be clear, I'm an "old G" who still likes to keep cash in various stash spots around the house -- but my daughters make it clear they prefer deposits right into their accounts. World is changing before our eyes.

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    So what are the homeless going to do when they can't beg for cash on the street corner with their bucket of suds and a squeegee?

One interesting thing I saw recently, when the Lindbergh baby was kidnapped, there was a ransom for $70k. The treasury put the cash together, and of course they recorded the serial numbers. But additionally, they used gold certificate notes, which they knew were going to be made worthless within a year or two as they were going off the gold standard, That was going to mean all the gold certificate notes were going to have to be turned in and exchanged for reserve notes. They wound up catching a suspect with one of those notes, who they executed. There was a lot of question as to whether there were others involved who they didn't apprehend, but that's a topic for another day.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    so called money will be put on your card, passport... according to your alliance to the WHO. Fair wage for a hard days work will no longer exist. It's all about control. Money has nothing to do with it.

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    I have torn ligaments in both arms and it is painful to shake hands.
    I always shook hands before the injuries and surgery.
    Medical reasoning is perfectly understandable. I'm sure when meeting someone if they reach out for a handshake, you inform them of that.. and I can completely respect that...

Casper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2023
    Lake Charles
    I couldn’t find the other thread where this came up, so I’ll start a new one.
    I’ve read print as far back as the late 70’s that predicted this and explained the why’s and how’s. And now it’s upon us.

I don’t want to **** everybody off so I’ll keep my mouth shut for the most part. CBDC is very, VERY bad. Nuff said.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Closer still. Just google “secret war on cash” and see all the articles and books. Even Forbes and New York Times weighing in. Talk in congress of banning 50 and 100 dollar bills.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I hear you Mag but I just don't think we shall see a totally cashless society in our lifetime. Maybe after you and I are dead and gone. If the power goes out long term nobody is buying or selling in today's world. No power, no cash register or ability to "ring up" a sale. Not a major grocery store today that can function without elect power unless they have a BU generator and fuel source. No fast food or drive up without elect power.

And if you are implying some sort of government takeover or control, our entire society as we know it would come crashing down. When people get real hungry and cannot buy food, things are gonna happen quick. Bad things. They will take it from somewhere or somebody.
    Wealthy people have been buying/storing physical gold for the last 7 months, hoarding it as a hedge, fear in this global pandemic. Gold prices have skyrocketed since Dec 2019. But you cannot eat a 1 oz Maple leaf or Krugerrand, and you sure are not going to get change for a loaf of bread and a can of beans in trade. Physical gold value is up 32% since 1/1/20. Its almost impossible to find 1 ounce coins for purchase in the US market, least of any substantial quantity.
    I must have missed this one.
    We will see it in our lifetime. We will see it start in 2024. Digital dollars. Canada is already trying to implement a standard income for all. Look at how much has happened since your post. And I have to disagree with your statement about gold. I’ve been buying precious metals for years and they’ve always been readily available in quantity. The premium may rise and fall but I’ve never had any problems finding more than enough. Yes, you can’t eat the metals, but they have always been money and always will be.
    Government takeover or control? You mean like Covid? Society did not crash. I don’t understand why you think that would happen when the government takes over our finances. That won’t make food disappear. That will make people conform. The people will conform and do what the government says to get their digital money to buy their groceries.
    Your thinking only in absolutes is the flaw here. Sure, there will be people rising up, maybe rioting. We’re watching this scenario unfold in other countries currently. Bank closures, no access to money. Rioting. Then what? Government steps in, changes the rules, people get fed, back to society. No collapse.
    Thinking it won’t happen here is foolish. Thinking you can’t plan for it is worse.

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    We will see it in our lifetime. We will see it start in 2024. Digital dollars. Canada is already trying to implement a standard income for all. Look at how much has happened since your post. And I have to disagree with your statement about gold. I’ve been buying precious metals for years and they’ve always been readily available in quantity. The premium may rise and fall but I’ve never had any problems finding more than enough. Yes, you can’t eat the metals, but they have always been money and always will be.
    Government takeover or control? You mean like Covid? Society did not crash. I don’t understand why you think that would happen when the government takes over our finances. That won’t make food disappear. That will make people conform. The people will conform and do what the government says to get their digital money to buy their groceries.
    Your thinking only in absolutes is the flaw here. Sure, there will be people rising up, maybe rioting. We’re watching this scenario unfold in other countries currently. Bank closures, no access to money. Rioting. Then what? Government steps in, changes the rules, people get fed, back to society. No collapse.
    Thinking it won’t happen here is foolish. Thinking you can’t plan for it is worse.

Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses

Juvenal c. 100A.D.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    And I have to disagree with your statement about gold. I’ve been buying precious metals for years and they’ve always been readily available in quantity. The premium may rise and fall but I’ve never had any problems finding more than enough. Yes, you can’t eat the metals, but they have always been money and always will be.
    So how exactly will you purchase gasoline at a station with your gold bullion or gold coins if there is an economic failure as you have been pushing for 6 or 7 years?

How will you buy groceries with a $2000 Maple Leaf coin? How will they make change back to you? Or maybe your holding bullion, how do you purchase $100 in groceries with a $2000 bar? So exactly which form of physical gold do you own Magdump and keep for the day of calamity?

I know you have been collecting silver coins for years, how you know vendors or any store will accept your nickels and dimes in exchange for gasoline or food? How do you pay your bills with silver coins, mail them a bag of coins?

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Dem brothers shaving a gold bar to pay for $5 in gas on pump #2, a pint, and a pack of smokes. Now what possibly could go wrong? LOL

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    So how exactly will you purchase gasoline at a station with your gold bullion or gold coins if there is an economic failure as you have been pushing for 6 or 7 years?

How will you buy groceries with a $2000 Maple Leaf coin? How will they make change back to you? Or maybe your holding bullion, how do you purchase $100 in groceries with a $2000 bar? So exactly which form of physical gold do you own Magdump and keep for the day of calamity?

I know you have been collecting silver coins for years, how you know vendors or any store will accept your nickels and dimes in exchange for gasoline or food? How do you pay your bills with silver coins, mail them a bag of coins?
    Poor guy has never heard of junk silver.

Top Bottom