Cashless society very soon

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    "You have to wear a mask or you'll get covid."

"The gaps between the fibers of the masks are so large compared to the Covid spore that the masks have no effect on the spread of the Flu.... I mean Covid."

"Yeah, I know, so wear a mask or you'll get covid."

I think Covid was shot down so many times and in so many different ways I'm just floored when I hear someone say anything about it other than "that was the greatest hoax/scam pulled on humanity in the history of the world." You know this kind of thing gets talked about by people in positions of power. It's like modern day politicians discussing what a huge missed opportunity The War of the Worlds radio broadcast was. Someone just finally nutted up and did it. Explains a lot.

Just my opinion.
    I remember some folks here being so passionate about taking the vaccine. Don’t hear much about that at all anymore.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Gold price keeps creeping in and out of that $2000 range… central banks and BRICS countries backing the truck up on gold. I’m in for another 4 oz tomorrow morning.

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    I couldn’t find the other thread where this came up, so I’ll start a new one.
    I’ve read print as far back as the late 70’s that predicted this and explained the why’s and how’s. And now it’s upon us.

My grandfather spoke about this. I don’t see citizens accepting this any time soon. Like many scholars have warned, this would be a devastating effect to freedom. We must maintain coinage if we are to be free citizens.

Prof48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Gretna, LA
    I have no problem with cashless myself. I use a CC or my debit card. One of my CCs pay me back 2% on purchases so i try to put everything on it I can on it. I pay off the balance monthly, never pay interest or fees. Car insurance twice a year, annual homeowners insure premium, all high dollar purchases, monthly Spectrum bill, my phone bill. All earn me 2% into my Roth IRA paid monthly. I have not paid CC interest or a fee in 25 years min. Ditto my bank, zero monthly fees.

Paper currency is nasty, never gets washed, transferred via hands. Ditto coins. When I have used currency like at a fast food drive up during the pandemic, I tell em to keep the coins. Minimize hand to hand transfer/germs. I keep a cash currency stash in my center console, < $60. Small denomination bills, paper change back mostly.

I keep a $1000 in twenties in my safe just in case I need it. I used to keep more but no need today, everybody accepts a CC.
    In a complete power failure like Katrina, you would love that nasty dirty cash so that commerce would not come to a halt.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    My grandfather spoke about this. I don’t see citizens accepting this any time soon. Like many scholars have warned, this would be a devastating effect to freedom. We must maintain coinage if we are to be free citizens.
    Ok. Now think about all the things that have been “accepted” in your lifetime. Did you see them being accepted?
    It’s coming. Phasing in, phasing out, backed into a corner, no other choices. All in typical government fashion. It starts at the top and trickles down. Commerce and retail will gladly jump on the wagon. It will happen over time. Transition will occur. Just watch.
    Once that happens, once the banks and retail are cashless, even if we the people hoard our cash, we will find little use for it except between each other.
    There are so many assumptions people make out of sheer ignorance (please forgive) and that’s how they have their way with us. For instance: how long does a paper bill last? A circulated paper bill. Passing from hand to hand every day. Do you think the Fed will continue to print currency once we go digital? Guess you better start cashing in all that cash for coin and prepare to carry a bucket full around with you. Maybe convert to silver dollars or 1oz rounds?
    Here’s the bottom line you’re not considering. They control the money. They have since 1913. It’s their money. They print it. They assign the value. They program the masses into accepting whatever they want when it comes to the money. For God’s sake, they’ve had the entire planet enslaved to their almighty dollar for 50 years. You don’t think they can pull this off?
    I never accepted that Epstein killed himself. He’s dead nonetheless. It really doesn’t matter what you accept. But knowing where we’re headed might help you to plan ahead and come out a little better off down the road.

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    I dont think we will be totally cashless. I read somewhere that about 9% of the population use cash only for transactions including the Amish, but what do I know.

T-Rigger

T-Rigger
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Metairie, LA
    CONTROL R US
    Yes, I admit, again, that I am a dying breed of dinosaur - still using most of what has consistently served me for many, many years. I still produce my working drawings with a pencil on quality vellum, but must deliver them to Arc Repro to scan the drawings to submit pdf's for a permit and LA State Fire Marshal review. Also, I handwrite many memos and letters with an ink-filled fountain pen, then scan them for submitting via email. EVERYTHING must be handled on line. I resent those inflexible changes. USPS usually works - albiet somewhat slow.

For years, until Wuhan Joe's Covid shutdowns assisted in virtually tanking my, initially intentional, reduced work load business, I had one or more young techies handling such. AutoCAD & the internet have revolutionized architecture, engineering, and construction - much for the better. With added hassle, I can still function traditionally, with experience & knowledge that 90% of the new breed of professionals (many just like monkeys on typewriters) will never have, care to have, or know they don't know.

A couple of weeks ago, a contractor building new "stuff" and modifying old "stuff" for the 2023 Mid-City NOLA Bayou Boogaloo Festival, was placed in a production bind when 2 dudes failed to show up for work. Despite my age (& attitude), I am fairly experienced & handy with shop & hand tools. He asked me to assist him for a few days. Much of the task was as "designated go-fer". What a surprise on my very first EVER visit to, convenient-to-the-shop, Mary's Ace Hardware Store, in the French Quarter, on Rampart St., across from Armstrong Park. On the front door is a sign "NO CASH SALES -CREDIT CARD ONLY. NO CASH ON PREMISES". Damn! To avoid back pain from sitting on my file cabinet/wallet, I usually lock it in my vehicle or tool box, carrying cash in a side pocket wrapped around my drivers license. Guess where it was today.
    They will not take a CC order or CC number over the phone -back to the shop and return card in hand.

With NOLA's excellent Latoya city management & crime deterrent cistern in place, I understand the potential protection from literate & non-strung-out, would-be felons a NO CASH SIGN on a store can provide. A further indictment of the conditions and loss-risk per NOLA is evinced by the locked steel bar grate encased displays securing everything of value smaller than a gallon of paint.

Cash has worked for a LONG time. Buy gas with a CC in post-Katrina & post-Ida NOLA... yeah, right.

A long, irrelevant story to get to this point. Just bitching. I accept advancing technology as integral to our lives- I'm not a Luddite. I understand Mary's & other's special needs. I resent the ultimate "tag everything forever for better service to YOU..." (don't worry, we'll never use it...) HAH! CONTROL R US.

IMHO... anything on the internet (in etherspace?) can be accessed & spun by all levels of gummit & other threats. Innocuous today... potentially viral & dangerous tomorrow. "Hey, looka this... what can we spin this into...?"

Next, "they" will probably outlaw possession of gold as FDR did in 1933. What's next on the CONTROL R US agenda?

To lift a phrase-"...Who will watch the Watchers?...".

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    CONTROL R US
    Yes, I admit, again, that I am a dying breed of dinosaur - still using most of what has consistently served me for many, many years. I still produce my working drawings with a pencil on quality vellum, but must deliver them to Arc Repro to scan the drawings to submit pdf's for a permit and LA State Fire Marshal review. Also, I handwrite many memos and letters with an ink-filled fountain pen, then scan them for submitting via email. EVERYTHING must be handled on line. I resent those inflexible changes. USPS usually works - albiet somewhat slow.

For years, until Wuhan Joe's Covid shutdowns assisted in virtually tanking my, initially intentional, reduced work load business, I had one or more young techies handling such. AutoCAD & the internet have revolutionized architecture, engineering, and construction - much for the better. With added hassle, I can still function traditionally, with experience & knowledge that 90% of the new breed of professionals (many just like monkeys on typewriters) will never have, care to have, or know they don't know.

A couple of weeks ago, a contractor building new "stuff" and modifying old "stuff" for the 2023 Mid-City NOLA Bayou Boogaloo Festival, was placed in a production bind when 2 dudes failed to show up for work. Despite my age (& attitude), I am fairly experienced & handy with shop & hand tools. He asked me to assist him for a few days. Much of the task was as "designated go-fer". What a surprise on my very first EVER visit to, convenient-to-the-shop, Mary's Ace Hardware Store, in the French Quarter, on Rampart St., across from Armstrong Park. On the front door is a sign "NO CASH SALES -CREDIT CARD ONLY. NO CASH ON PREMISES". Damn! To avoid back pain from sitting on my file cabinet/wallet, I usually lock it in my vehicle or tool box, carrying cash in a side pocket wrapped around my drivers license. Guess where it was today.
    They will not take a CC order or CC number over the phone -back to the shop and return card in hand.

With NOLA's excellent Latoya city management & crime deterrent cistern in place, I understand the potential protection from literate & non-strung-out, would-be felons a NO CASH SIGN on a store can provide. A further indictment of the conditions and loss-risk per NOLA is evinced by the locked steel bar grate encased displays securing everything of value smaller than a gallon of paint.

Cash has worked for a LONG time. Buy gas with a CC in post-Katrina & post-Ida NOLA... yeah, right.

A long, irrelevant story to get to this point. Just bitching. I accept advancing technology as integral to our lives- I'm not a Luddite. I understand Mary's & other's special needs. I resent the ultimate "tag everything forever for better service to YOU..." (don't worry, we'll never use it...) HAH! CONTROL R US.

IMHO... anything on the internet (in etherspace?) can be accessed & spun by all levels of gummit & other threats. Innocuous today... potentially viral & dangerous tomorrow. "Hey, looka this... what can we spin this into...?"

Next, "they" will probably outlaw possession of gold as FDR did in 1933. What's next on the CONTROL R US agenda?

To lift a phrase-"...Who will watch the Watchers?...".
    So when you get groceries at a grocery store, or burgers through a drive thru, are you paying with paper cash?

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    I use cash as much as possible for everything. I pay my rent every month with cash. Snap On, Matco, Cornwell bills with cash, groceries, cash., Etc...

T-Rigger

T-Rigger
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Metairie, LA
    You're missing out on 3% - 5% on cash back from credit cards.
    I understand the lure of minor bennies such as cash back, convenience, etc., offered by big tech, big money, feral gummit, and the like, under the guise of "... only for mo' better service to me...".

As I said, I've learned to adapt to and accept, most times begrudgingly, new ways to do things, and, sometimes, appreciate the change for the better. What I most of all resent is the increased control over my life when the "new" way is jammed down my throat as the ONLY way. Especially, when a traditionally accepted "old" way still works - sans the ease of harvesting, selling and storing my personal information ... purchases, habits, interests, etc. Makes it easy for target-specific marketeers, and scammers to jam my snail box, cell phone, and pc with unwanted crap, hacker phishing, etc., plus creating an archive for undisclosed future, potentially dubious use by whomever.

No problem ... buy protection? What a choice.

Paranoid? Conspiracy suspect? Maybe so.

Why allow potential easy access to deceitful, pathological liars ... if a viable alternative is "allowed" to remain?

IlivnDaBoot!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2022
    SHREVEPORT
    Honestly it's all going toward the government trying to control everyone like they do in China. Get rid of hard currency, turn everything digital. Then if you don't fall in line with the agenda they hit a switch and you starve to death until you are complacent.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    The WHO is pushing the digital passport. It will encompass everything, travel, currency, medical, social score, location at all times....just a matter of time before potato signs US up for it. It won't be a choice. Well...for many but I'm sure there will be a few that would resist. Covid proved fear and loss of income could make most do just about anything to "be safe". Enforcement will be key. Pensions and paychecks...just following orders.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    You can tell alot about a man when you shake his hand. There is no issue with cash.... When I meet another man, if he wants to do that whole b/s fist bump thing or even nothing at all, I've instantly lost respect for that individual. Look me in the eye, say hello, and shake my hand like the man you claim to be.

I have torn ligaments in both arms and it is painful to shake hands.
    I always shook hands before the injuries and surgery.

Top Bottom