Chick Fillet Boycott Report

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    So I went to the new Chick Fillet on Manhattan in Harvey to check out the boycott, and grab a sandwich. The line for the drive through was about a 1/4 mile long, and was blocking traffic in the right hand lane of Manhattan Blvd.

After driving around the parking lot three times, we found a spot to park.

There were six registers working, and the lines were about 12 people deep.

Our food was brought to our table within a few minutes, and was decent, if a bit overpriced. Freedom ain't cheap.

Nobody griped, whined, or complained about the lines, or the service.

I just don't know how much longer this restaurant chain can survive the protests of all those left wing activists.

Please, EET MOOR CHICKIN Support Traditional Christian Values.

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    I have no problem with them either - plus them, Five Guys and Cane's are the only fast food franchise restaurants around these parts that one can expect to get food "fast".

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Dan Cathy (President and COO of Chick-fil-a) stated that he supports traditional marriage and not same sex marriage. No big deal there, but Chick-fil-a sends money to political groups who's intent is to prevent same sex marriage. Many gay people have a problem with that.... some are also intolerant of Cathy's statements.

IMO, consenting adults should be allowed to do what they want provided it doesn't interfere with the rights of others.
    Government has no business in "marriage" in the first place, but if they are going to stick their nose in it, it should be the same for all consenting adults.

I don't have a problem with Cathy's position, but I don't think sending corporate dollars for the cause is a good thing. I'll probably still eat there though.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Dan Cathy (President and COO of Chick-fil-a) stated that he supports traditional marriage and not same sex marriage. No big deal there, but Chick-fil-a sends money to political groups who's intent is to prevent same sex marriage. Many gay people have a problem with that.... some are also intolerant of Cathy's statements.

IMO, consenting adults should be allowed to do what they want provided it doesn't interfere with the rights of others.
    Government has no business in "marriage" in the first place, but if they are going to stick their nose in it, it should be the same for all consenting adults.

I don't have a problem with Cathy's position, but I don't think sending corporate dollars for the cause is a good thing. I'll probably still eat there though.

I don't see where its a bad thing. It's his cooperation, it's his $, he can spend it and give it where he damn well pleases. And if that means he will use his $ to fight for or against something that he believes in or against, then that's his business and no one else's. It seems like there are plenty of others who feel the same way.

2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    God has everything to do with marriage and it should be between a man and a woman!
    Bottom line..........

I admire a company or anyone who stands up for morals and what the bible says.

shamrock

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Kenner
    Traffic was blocked up for a mile or two on Veterans highway in Metairie due to people trying to get into the restaurant. I ate at the one in Lakeside shopping center. There were several long lines but the service was efficient and the food was good. I support his 1st. amendment right of free speech and the mayor of Chicago and Boston should not have the right to ban his restaurants from their cities because of his religious beliefs. He has never opened on Sunday due to his beliefs.
    Separation of church and state??? it works both ways.

onelochevy

XD 45
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Slidell
    Didnt pass by the new one in Slidell today, but went there last Friday for breakfast. They always have the absolute nicest employees out of any fast food restaurant i've been to.

Slim

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    Metairie
    The wife and I ate at the one on Vets yesterday. Wanted to show our support and avoid the crowd.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Marriage is and always will be an institution of the church. It is, and should be, up to the church whether or not they will allow gay marriages. If they allow it, then the state that church resides in should be required to honor it if they are honoring any marriages.

Civil unions are a matter of the state and if the state rules that civil unions among gays is legal, then they have all the rights of married people in the eyes of the government.

It is SO STUPID that gay people insist on being accepted into a religion that doesn't agree with their views. It's so arrogant to say anyone else HAS TO accept me and all of my beliefs because otherwise they are close-minded and hateful.

Leave marriages to be regulated by the church. If the church decides to honor gay marriage, then there ya go. If not, then it's up to the state to decide if they will allow civil unions.

The fact that someone had the integrity to be straight-forward about their views, however unpopular, should be praised.

Slim

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    Metairie
    Marriage is and always will be an institution of the church. It is, and should be, up to the church whether or not they will allow gay marriages. If they allow it, then the state that church resides in should be required to honor it if they are honoring any marriages.

Civil unions are a matter of the state and if the state rules that civil unions among gays is legal, then they have all the rights of married people in the eyes of the government.

It is SO STUPID that gay people insist on being accepted into a religion that doesn't agree with their views. It's so arrogant to say anyone else HAS TO accept me and all of my beliefs because otherwise they are close-minded and hateful.

Leave marriages to be regulated by the church. If the church decides to honor gay marriage, then there ya go. If not, then it's up to the state to decide if they will allow civil unions.

The fact that someone had the integrity to be straight-forward about their views, however unpopular, should be praised.

This is where I really want a "like" button.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville

^^^THIS^^^

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    The union between a Man and a Women was started in the religious establishment NOT the state establishment! This is purely an instance where the separation of church and state should be enforced. The only reason for the argument in the beginning was so that the the "Partner" had the same rights as a Spouse. This has NOTHING to do with a man's religious beliefs, as the Leftists and Homosexuals have tryed to turn this into. These people have turned into exactly what they are accusing the "religious bigot" of being.

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    500 of my closest friends and I ate dinner at the Chickfila on Veterans. The wait was worth it. Local media found out I was going via Twitter and sent camera crews. There were some lost souls from the French Quarter wearing rainbow capes across the street. I offered them a chicken sandwich but they respectfully declined.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom