Chick Fillet Boycott Report

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    500 of my closest friends and I ate dinner at the Chickfila on Veterans. The wait was worth it. Local media found out I was going via Twitter and sent camera crews. There were some lost souls from the French Quarter wearing rainbow capes across the street. I offered them a chicken sandwich but they respectfully declined.

My wife, son, & grandkids were at LakeSide Mall in Metairie. They said the Chick-Fil-A line was "out the door' and everyone in the food court had their bags............

Take that, Mayor Rahm Emanuel !

leVieux

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    I'm seriously considering calling a newsconference to proclaim my businesses opposition to Gay Marrage. I really don't care one way or the other but I could use the spike in revenue.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I'm seriously considering calling a newsconference to proclaim my businesses opposition to Gay Marrage. I really don't care one way or the other but I could use the spike in revenue.

That's where a line should be drawn. By saying your business opposes gay marriage you are opening yourself up to a civil suit.

The difference here was that he was asked what he believed in. He simply stated that he believed in the biblical definition of marriage.

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    Siegen ln... A good crowd, pleasant, efficient staff. Food was tasty, too.
    2012-08-01_17-51-43_260.jpg

2012-08-01_18-28-55_147.jpg

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Of course marriage is an institution of the church.

That's why government needs to keep their ****ing heads out of it, and I won't support anyone that tries to force government to go along with their own specific idea of who gets extra benefits, tax breaks, inheritance, insurance, etc, because they don't like it because their precious book said it's wrong.

Government shouldn't have anything to do with religious institutions. I don't want the Government telling me how to practice my religion, do you?

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    That's where a line should be drawn. By saying your business opposes gay marriage you are opening yourself up to a civil suit.

The difference here was that he was asked what he believed in. He simply stated that he believed in the biblical definition of marriage.

Dan Cathy was asked is his COMPANY supported the traditional defination of marrage and he replied "Guilty as charged."

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I don't see where its a bad thing. It's his cooperation, it's his $, he can spend it and give it where he damn well pleases. And if that means he will use his $ to fight for or against something that he believes in or against, then that's his business and no one else's. It seems like there are plenty of others who feel the same way.

Well, it's the company's money he's sending to fight against gay rights. That's fine, but it's also the right of the gay community to raise a stink about it.

God has everything to do with marriage and it should be between a man and a woman!
    Bottom line..........

I admire a company or anyone who stands up for morals and what the bible says.

So, should we institute a Christian version of Sharia law in this country? Or should we follow the constitution and get the government out of our religion and leave "the sanctity of marriage" to individuals to practice?

Marriage is and always will be an institution of the church. It is, and should be, up to the church whether or not they will allow gay marriages. If they allow it, then the state that church resides in should be required to honor it if they are honoring any marriages.

Civil unions are a matter of the state and if the state rules that civil unions among gays is legal, then they have all the rights of married people in the eyes of the government.

It is SO STUPID that gay people insist on being accepted into a religion that doesn't agree with their views. It's so arrogant to say anyone else HAS TO accept me and all of my beliefs because otherwise they are close-minded and hateful.

Leave marriages to be regulated by the church. If the church decides to honor gay marriage, then there ya go. If not, then it's up to the state to decide if they will allow civil unions.

The fact that someone had the integrity to be straight-forward about their views, however unpopular, should be praised.

My only comment is that I don't think many (maybe most) Christians really understand Christianity. Christians are supposed to accept everyone as we are filthy little sinners who needed the son of God to die as payment for our sinful nature.

Of course marriage is an institution of the church.

That's why government needs to keep their ****ing heads out of it, and I won't support anyone that tries to force government to go along with their own specific idea of who gets extra benefits, tax breaks, inheritance, insurance, etc, because they don't like it because their precious book said it's wrong.

Government shouldn't have anything to do with religious institutions. I don't want the Government telling me how to practice my religion, do you?

Best post in this thread.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Well, it's the company's money he's sending to fight against gay rights. That's fine, but it's also the right of the gay community to raise a stink about it.
    and by all means, they should do so. The issue was state officials getting involved and claiming they were going to hinder their business because of their belief.

My only comment is that I don't think many (maybe most) Christians really understand Christianity. Christians are supposed to accept everyone as we are filthy little sinners who needed the son of God to die as payment for our sinful nature.

agreed.

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    i dont think this Chic-Fil-A vs the homosexuals has as much to do with government as people make it out to be... today, Chic-Fil-A day, was supposed to be for the support of a CEO and corporation that values marriage, as God created it... the media and those pushing a homosexual agenda think they can shout down others, the same way the NAACP and Al Sharpton does, but it backfired big time.. whether government should be involved with marriage is another topic entirely..

Last edited:

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    Today was my first time at Chick-Fil-A. Went to the one in Schaumburg, parked two blocks away, stood in a line for an hour and bought $50.00 worth of food, enjoyed every minute of talking with the young ladies in line and was impressed with how orderly the entire group in line acted. What I could only guess could be 200 strangers stayed in perfect lines and followed 10 imaginary serpentine turns without pushing, shoving or cutting in line.

Only two instances occured. One was when a guy in an Obama shirt wanted to engage in a brief shouting match with another young man, that was broken up by a few quiet words by the young woman working crowd control. And the other was when a monk and three nuns(NO JOKE!) got in line and everyone clapped.

I really liked the food and was told by a person in line to try the spicy chicken sandwich and lemonade, and she was spot on. Not a bad first time, and the wife and kids liked what I brought them.

I can't wait to see if Chick-Fil-A will post sales for this week.

The food was good but not worth waiting an hour for, but the cause was worth more, to show support for any company being bullied for not trading beliefs for bucks.

If your gay, Great! go be gay, but why force it down everybody elses throat (no pun inten....yeah, it's intended.)? If Gays want to be recognized by the church, why live a life that goes against it? We're all sinners in some way and were born with sin, and ask forgiveness and repent. If they believe in the Christian religion enough to be married in a house of worship and not follow the rules of that religion, what do they gain? If it doesn't accept you and your "lifestyle" then why try and force it to change it's beliefs for you? Tolerance is taught, but why can't a gay christian be tolerant enough to not defile the meaning of marriage for most everyone else?

Last edited:

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I support the first amendment and good chicken sandwiches.

(PS- anyone is welcome to use that as their sig. I was told today it was the smartest thing I've ever said)

CY09

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Thibodaux
    The issue here is the government's view of marriage and its benefits--not one of forcing any religion to accept gay marriage. A church wedding does not say whether or not you can get insurance benefits, or have medical visitations or make medical decisions or file joint tax returns or inheritance rights. All marriages are civil unions, because the government recognizes them. Any couple who is willing to join in a legal relationship (commonly called a marriage) should be allowed to and be recognized by the government. However, whether that union or marriage is blessed by any church would the the decision of the church, but would make the union or marriage no less legal.

If I am not mistaken, a large number of our local population is Catholic. If divorced, can you remarry in the Church or do you use a Justice of the Peace? If not married in the Church because you violate the Church's Christian principles does that mean you are not legally married???? But even so, the government recognizes it as a legal marriage with all the benefits the state provides for that relationship.

Now as far as Chick-Fil-A and their stand, that is absolutely within their Constitutional right (and we here are for the Constitution!) to speak their mind, but they must be prepared for whatever the public reaction may be--both good or bad.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom