Chief Harrison outlines some expectations on being stopped by NOPD

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheMole68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    Ive been told NOPD also has a habit of emptying your gun and magazine and keeping the rounds. For their safety.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    I plan to drive around nola as much as possible...my hope is, I get disarmed and have gun confiscated (on video) enough to win me a supercharger kit for my car....anyone want to join, we can split all proceeds

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    LOL @ "registered to your name." :doh:

I haven't been pulled over in at least 20 years, though. I'm one boring mo-fo, I guess....:rofl::rofl:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I plan to drive around nola as much as possible...my hope is, I get disarmed and have gun confiscated (on video) enough to win me a supercharger kit for my car....anyone want to join, we can split all proceeds

If your level of commitment would allow a baton be shoved in your anus, I bet you could get a Shelby! :mamoru:

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner

FYI, the city of New Orleans has NEVER paid out on a suit

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Will my multi pass suffice as both BOS and weapons registration?

I suppose

ZQbql0J.gif

Roscoe1929

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    1.) There is no registration requirement in LA (we all know that.) It is troubling that this man seems not to.
    2.) You don't need to carry a receipt or bill of sale with you because:
    a.) there is no law that says you need to, and
    b.) someone stopped by an LEO does not have to prove he is not in violation of the law. The burden is on the state, not the individual.
    Such a confiscation would be a violation of the 4th amendment, and is illegal.

p.s. How do you get a receipt/bos for a gun that was given to you as a gift, or which you inherited?;)

I called the NOPD today to get some clarification. They sent me to some desk sergeant and he said that guns are registered. I told him they are not. He said I was wrong. I said that you need to talk to the state police because they are not. I called the LSP and let them know that they needed to school the NOPD.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I called the NOPD today to get some clarification. They sent me to some desk sergeant and he said that guns are registered. I told him they are not. He said I was wrong. I said that you need to talk to the state police because they are not. I called the LSP and let them know that they needed to school the NOPD.

Did you get this guys name? Who did he say guns are registered with?

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

What did LSP say?

Nathan Hale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Louisiana
    If NOPD screw with someone's gun rights, they should be taken to court. A nice fat money judgement will "school the NOPD" real nice. It is a shame it has to come to that. But, what else is one suppose to do when govt agents won't obey (or don't even know) the law, to the detriment of the law abiding?

Top Bottom