Clinton drug deal leaves man dead; three arrested.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kdick3

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Obviously the only reason he survived a crazed AK-47 drug dealer wielding attack was because he was OC. The only reason the drug dealer did not become deterred or know from jump that Anty had the drop on him was because through his drug induced hallucinogenic haze, he thought Anty's Glock was actually baby seal taped to his side.

I heard his holstered weapon actually deflected one of the ak's bullets saving him from a second gun wound that would have almost certainly killed him.

Another reason why OC'ing is better in EVERY circumstance.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I notice that neither MEM or Smoking357 have posted anything in that thread.

I'm wondering what would happen if the media tied him to MEM.............................

:mamoru:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Well, at least he won't add to the negative CC statistics.

No one knows how he was carrying. He obviously does not care about the law so being 19 and CCing would mean nothing to him.

Either way this is bad for all Gun owners. The liberal sheeple only see gun owners and themselves.

Gun haters think all things "Gun" are Bahh bahh baaadd ...

They don't see OC/CC, hell they don't even know what that means.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    how does that suck...? if he was in the process, presence, or associated with the anything illegal under Title 40, someone hit Darwin on the phone, and he responded immediately.

It just sucks that a young man made a bad decision, and tried to defend his life when his bad decision turned into an even worse one, and now he's likely to pay for it with life in prison or a long time in prison.

Someone may say that if you are speeding and you kill someone its the same...but its not, the crimes are punished differently. This guy is going to be charged with first degree murder for defending his life, a speeder will be charged with something else most likely...a lesser crime, vehicular manslaughter, second degree murder...etc. But what is the difference, neither of them said "I'm going to speed and murder someone!", or "I'm going to buy a bag and taunt the guy into hitting me with his AK-47, b/c I know he'll have one, and then I'll murder him!".

You guys maybe be perfect, but I'm not. You guys might think Drug laws are OK, but I don't. There are people on this forum that are addicted to pharmeceuitical drugs, but its OK in your books, and in legal books, because its legal with a script...that is not OK to me.

This guy did something stupid, yes.

If you guys died in a car accident because you did something stupid...do you think I'd be all happy that you are dead, and talking **** about "Darwin" this & that? **** no, you're a member of a community that I care about no matter how much you post. Something brought you here, something that we have in common brought you here...

That's why it sucks, it's not Justice its Moral policing and its ********.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    No one knows how he was carrying. He obviously does not care about the law so being 19 and CCing would mean nothing to him.

Either way this is bad for all Gun owners. The liberal sheeple only see gun owners and themselves.

This is my PREDICTION.

He was CC'ing because he DIDN'T WANT THE BAD GUY TO SEE HIS GUN. His dumb little 19 year old ass said sumptin disrepekin the drug dealer. he got butt stroked in the face. Freaked out, pulled his heater and shot said drug-dealer. The only thing he did kinda right was flag down the police.

the funny thing is that he really believes that will qualify as self-defense.

great now I have to add a slide in my CHP class about not shooting people during drug deals.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    It just sucks that a young man made a bad decision, and tried to defend his life when his bad decision turned into an even worse one, and now he's likely to pay for it with life in prison or a long time in prison.

Someone may say that if you are speeding and you kill someone its the same...but its not, the crimes are punished differently. This guy is going to be charged with first degree murder for defending his life, a speeder will be charged with something else most likely...a lesser crime, vehicular manslaughter, second degree murder...etc. But what is the difference, neither of them said "I'm going to speed and murder someone!", or "I'm going to buy a bag and taunt the guy into hitting me with his AK-47, b/c I know he'll have one, and then I'll murder him!".

You guys maybe be perfect, but I'm not. You guys might think Drug laws are OK, but I don't. There are people on this forum that are addicted to pharmeceuitical drugs, but its OK in your books, and in legal books, because its legal with a script...that is not OK to me.

This guy did something stupid, yes.

If you guys died in a car accident because you did something stupid...do you think I'd be all happy that you are dead, and talking **** about "Darwin" this & that? **** no, you're a member of a community that I care about no matter how much you post. Something brought you here, something that we have in common brought you here...

That's why it sucks, it's not Justice its Moral policing and its ********.

While speeding and drugg slinging are both illegal, I am sure even you will agree they are not on the same scale.

When you choose to associate with kown criminals you suffer the possible repercussions. Ask the poor crocidle hunter who got a sting ray tail through the heart. Did he deserve it morally? Maybe not, but he got what was coming given the circumstances he chose to put him self in....and i LOVE that little cricky bast-rd.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    This is my PREDICTION.

He was CC'ing because he DIDN'T WANT THE BAD GUY TO SEE HIS GUN. His dumb little 19 year old ass said sumptin disrepekin the drug dealer. he got butt stroked in the face. Freaked out, pulled his heater and shot said drug-dealer.

:eek3:

Can you read my palm next? :mamoru:

I think that's a good prediction, although he could have been OCing which is why the guy walked up and smacked him.

Is there an official story/news link. Something besides all this guessing?

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    I am no cop, but I don't see first degree murder here. Isn't one of the requirements for FDM that it is premeditated and planned?

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Subsection (6) below is the applicable portion

§30. First degree murder

A. First degree murder is the killing of a human being:

(1) When the offender has specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm and is engaged in the perpetration or attempted perpetration of aggravated kidnapping, second degree kidnapping, aggravated escape, aggravated arson, aggravated rape, forcible rape, aggravated burglary, armed robbery, assault by drive-by shooting, first degree robbery, second degree robbery, simple robbery, terrorism, cruelty to juveniles, or second degree cruelty to juveniles.

(2) When the offender has a specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm upon a fireman, peace officer, or civilian employee of the Louisiana State Police Crime Laboratory or any other forensic laboratory engaged in the performance of his lawful duties, or when the specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm is directly related to the victim's status as a fireman, peace officer, or civilian employee.

(3) When the offender has a specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm upon more than one person.

(4) When the offender has specific intent to kill or inflict great bodily harm and has offered, has been offered, has given, or has received anything of value for the killing.

(5) When the offender has the specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm upon a victim who is under the age of twelve or sixty-five years of age or older.

(6) When the offender has the specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm while engaged in the distribution, exchange, sale, or purchase, or any attempt thereof, of a controlled dangerous substance listed in Schedules I, II, III, IV, or V of the Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substances Law.

(7) When the offender has specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm and is engaged in the activities prohibited by R.S. 14:107.1(C)(1).

(8) When the offender has specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm and there has been issued by a judge or magistrate any lawful order prohibiting contact between the offender and the victim in response to threats of physical violence or harm which was served on the offender and is in effect at the time of the homicide.

(9) When the offender has specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm upon a victim who was a witness to a crime or was a member of the immediate family of a witness to a crime committed on a prior occasion and:

(a) The killing was committed for the purpose of preventing or influencing the victim's testimony in any criminal action or proceeding whether or not such action or proceeding had been commenced; or

(b) The killing was committed for the purpose of exacting retribution for the victim's prior testimony.

B.(1) For the purposes of Paragraph (A)(2) of this Section, the term "peace officer" means any peace officer, as defined in R.S. 40:2402, and includes any constable, marshal, deputy marshal, sheriff, deputy sheriff, local or state policeman, commissioned wildlife enforcement agent, federal law enforcement officer, jail or prison guard, parole officer, probation officer, judge, attorney general, assistant attorney general, attorney general's investigator, district attorney, assistant district attorney, or district attorney's investigator.

(2) For the purposes of Paragraph (A)(9) of this Section, the term "member of the immediate family" means a husband, wife, father, mother, daughter, son, brother, sister, stepparent, grandparent, stepchild, or grandchild.

(3) For the purposes of Paragraph (A)(9) of this Section, the term "witness" means any person who has testified or is expected to testify for the prosecution, or who, by reason of having relevant information, is subject to call or likely to be called as a witness for the prosecution, whether or not any action or proceeding has yet commenced.

C. Penalty provisions.

(1) If the district attorney seeks a capital verdict, the offender shall be punished by death or life imprisonment at hard labor without benefit of parole, probation, or suspension of sentence, in accordance with the determination of the jury. The provisions of C.Cr.P. Art 782 relative to cases in which punishment may be capital shall apply.

(2) If the district attorney does not seek a capital verdict, the offender shall be punished by life imprisonment at hard labor without benefit of parole, probation or suspension of sentence. The provisions of C.Cr.P. Art 782 relative to cases in which punishment is necessarily confinement at hard labor shall apply.

Amended by Acts 1973, No. 109, §1; Acts 1975, No. 327, §1; Acts 1976, No. 657, §1; Acts 1979, No. 74, §1, eff. June 29, 1979; Acts 1985, No. 515, §1; Acts 1987, No. 654, §1; Acts 1987, No. 862, §1; Acts 1988, No. 779, §2, eff. July 18, 1988; Acts 1989, No. 373, §1; Acts 1989, No. 637, §2; Acts 1990, No. 526, §1; Acts 1992, No. 296, §1; Acts 1993, No. 244, §1; Acts 1993, No. 496, §1; Acts 1999, No. 579, §1; Acts 1999, No. 1359, §1; Acts 2001, No. 1056, §1; Acts 2002, 1st Ex. Sess., No. 128, §2; Acts 2003, No. 1223, §1; Acts 2004, No. 145, §1; Acts 2004, No. 649, §1; Acts 2006, No. 53, §1; Acts 2007, No. 125, §1.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I am no cop, but I don't see first degree murder here. Isn't one of the requirements for FDM that it is premeditated and planned?

Another qualifier is killing in the commission of a felony. Also, I believe there is one surrounding drug deals specifically.

Oh hell, let me help you out......

14:30. First degree murder

A. First degree murder is the killing of a human being:

(1) When the offender has specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm and is engaged in the perpetration or attempted perpetration of aggravated kidnapping, second degree kidnapping, aggravated escape, aggravated arson, aggravated rape, forcible rape, aggravated burglary, armed robbery, assault by drive-by shooting, first degree robbery, second degree robbery, simple robbery, terrorism, cruelty to juveniles, or second degree cruelty to juveniles. (maybe he was robbing the guy, who knows?)

(2) When the offender has a specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm upon a fireman, peace officer, or civilian employee of the Louisiana State Police Crime Laboratory or any other forensic laboratory engaged in the performance of his lawful duties, or when the specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm is directly related to the victim's status as a fireman, peace officer, or civilian employee.

(3) When the offender has a specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm upon more than one person.

(4) When the offender has specific intent to kill or inflict great bodily harm and has offered, has been offered, has given, or has received anything of value for the killing.

(5) When the offender has the specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm upon a victim who is under the age of twelve or sixty-five years of age or older.

(6) When the offender has the specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm while engaged in the distribution, exchange, sale, or purchase, or any attempt thereof, of a controlled dangerous substance listed in Schedules I, II, III, IV, or V of the Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substances Law. (BOOYAH!!!)

(7) When the offender has specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm and is engaged in the activities prohibited by R.S. 14:107.1(C)(1).

(8) When the offender has specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm and there has been issued by a judge or magistrate any lawful order prohibiting contact between the offender and the victim in response to threats of physical violence or harm which was served on the offender and is in effect at the time of the homicide.

(9) When the offender has specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm upon a victim who was a witness to a crime or was a member of the immediate family of a witness to a crime committed on a prior occasion and:

(a) The killing was committed for the purpose of preventing or influencing the victim's testimony in any criminal action or proceeding whether or not such action or proceeding had been commenced; or

(b) The killing was committed for the purpose of exacting retribution for the victim's prior testimony.

B.(1) For the purposes of Paragraph (A)(2) of this Section, the term "peace officer" means any peace officer, as defined in R.S. 40:2402, and includes any constable, marshal, deputy marshal, sheriff, deputy sheriff, local or state policeman, commissioned wildlife enforcement agent, federal law enforcement officer, jail or prison guard, parole officer, probation officer, judge, attorney general, assistant attorney general, attorney general's investigator, district attorney, assistant district attorney, or district attorney's investigator.

(2) For the purposes of Paragraph (A)(9) of this Section, the term "member of the immediate family" means a husband, wife, father, mother, daughter, son, brother, sister, stepparent, grandparent, stepchild, or grandchild.

(3) For the purposes of Paragraph (A)(9) of this Section, the term "witness" means any person who has testified or is expected to testify for the prosecution, or who, by reason of having relevant information, is subject to call or likely to be called as a witness for the prosecution, whether or not any action or proceeding has yet commenced.

C. Penalty provisions.

(1) If the district attorney seeks a capital verdict, the offender shall be punished by death or life imprisonment at hard labor without benefit of parole, probation, or suspension of sentence, in accordance with the determination of the jury. The provisions of C.Cr.P. Art 782 relative to cases in which punishment may be capital shall apply.

(2) If the district attorney does not seek a capital verdict, the offender shall be punished by life imprisonment at hard labor without benefit of parole, probation or suspension of sentence. The provisions of C.Cr.P. Art 782 relative to cases in which punishment is necessarily confinement at hard labor shall apply.

Amended by Acts 1973, No. 109, §1; Acts 1975, No. 327, §1; Acts 1976, No. 657, §1; Acts 1979, No. 74, §1, eff. June 29, 1979; Acts 1985, No. 515, §1; Acts 1987, No. 654, §1; Acts 1987, No. 862, §1; Acts 1988, No. 779, §2, eff. July 18, 1988; Acts 1989, No. 373, §1; Acts 1989, No. 637, §2; Acts 1990, No. 526, §1; Acts 1992, No. 296, §1; Acts 1993, No. 244, §1; Acts 1993, No. 496, §1; Acts 1999, No. 579, §1; Acts 1999, No. 1359, §1; Acts 2001, No. 1056, §1; Acts 2002, 1st Ex. Sess., No. 128, §2; Acts 2003, No. 1223, §1; Acts 2004, No. 145, §1; Acts 2004, No. 649, §1; Acts 2006, No. 53, §1; Acts 2007, No. 125, §1.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado

Sure, I was attempting to look at the bright side (which there isn't much of). He still wouldn't be lumped into the "CCer does something bad" category because he didn't have a CHP.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    (6) When the offender has the specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm while engaged in the distribution, exchange, sale, or purchase, or any attempt thereof, of a controlled dangerous substance listed in Schedules I, II, III, IV, or V of the Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substances Law. (BOOYAH!!!)

They'd have to prove still that he had specific intent.

If he was buttstroked first, it kind of throws that out the window.

I know in the Marines a Butt Stroke is a Deadly Force action.

Still not sure how the drugs tie into the justifiable homicide. It's sure to be interesting.

Top Bottom