Clinton drug deal leaves man dead; three arrested.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_L

FTRB
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Just speculation mind you, but it seems plausable.

So far, this is mostly speculation. Interesting, borderline prurient, but still speculation.

The fact is a 19 year old KID is in a world of **** right now. While I am a strong believer in personal responsibility, I still feel bad for him.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I think IF you go to a place to get or sell drugs and somebody kicks your ass or shoots you or you kick their ass or shoot them then you get what you get. They shouldn't call LE until they all kill each other. No 10-15's just call the coroner.

Don't want the apples don't shake the tree.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    My understanding is "lying in wait" flips the First Degree switch. Unless some folks around here have more information than what we've seen so far, I don't see that. Not that it's not possible, of course. And certainly his posts on numerous discussion boards won't be much help to his defense attorney.

The laws were quoted. Just read them. Lying in wait has nothing to do with intent (although it would be pretty good evidece for the DA). If you fit in the circumstances listed and a death was caused by your intentional act, you should be charged with 1st degree. If the aggravating circumstances are not present or they are present but the death was accidental (car accident while trying to get away), 2nd degree.

An intentional killing during a drug deal fits the statute. DA must prove intent - should be pretty easy - the accused drew and fired his gun at the victim - intentional act. The DA must then prove the aggravating circumstance - that a drug deal was in progress. May be a bit harder, but may be proved with circumstantial evidence or one of the scared suspects may have blurted it all out. We don't know. We also don't know what was found at the scene or on the suspects.

Narco is right, they will cop pleas. There is really not going to be any public outcry for the death penalty with a dead dope dealer (alleged). They are not likely to get a jury to kill the stupid kid under these circumstances. One of the two non-trigger pullers will cop first for a much reduced charge and sell the other two out completely. Shooter ends up with 2nd degree or a manslaughter plea with a pretty stiff sentence. Being stupid is sometimes quite painfull. :eek3:

Last edited:

D-DAY

The Bronx Bull
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    Hammond
    I think IF you go to a place to get or sell illegal drugs and somebody kicks your ass or shoots you or you kick their ass or shoot them then you get what you get. They shouldn't call LE until they all kill each other. No 10-15's just call the coroner.

Don't want the apples don't shake the tree.

Fixed it for you.

DemonBob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    I heard about this from friends, I know him personally as an aquantiance but that is it. I do know that when one of the conversations we had turned to health he offered to sell me some steroids.

End of my 2 cents.

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    So far, this is mostly speculation. Interesting, borderline prurient, but still speculation.

The fact is a 19 year old KID is in a world of **** right now. While I am a strong believer in personal responsibility, I still feel bad for him.

if he wanted to really fight for OC his ass should have joined the Marines or Army and took a little trip to the sandbox, there are plenty of 19 year old men acting responsible overseas, instead of trying to be lil boosies token white boy beat producer..

yall do know thay boosie is supect in the latest death of Another local rApper, seems that savages run in close packs

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    I heard about this from friends, I know him personally as an aquantiance but that is it. I do know that when one of the conversations we had turned to health he offered to sell me some steroids.

End of my 2 cents.

You have no credibility here so you can keep posts like this to yourself.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I don't think he hit the boy in the head with a whiffle ball bat. The homeowner seemed to be the agressor striking Anthony from behind with a rifle butt. For all Anthony knew, it was the end of the line for himself, so in an act of self preservation he did the logical thing and tried to stop the threat. IIRC he struck the guy in the stomach area. Had he walked in and Mozambiqued the homeowner, I might could see the "specific intent" part and would agree with Murder 1, but as it stands Murder 2 seems a better fit for now.

Just speculation mind you, but it seems plausable.

You really are not understanding. Intent has nothing to do with the victim's actions. If you are walking down the street minding your own business and someone attacks you with a knife. If you draw your gun and shoot him, you have intentionally inflicted death or grave bodily harm on that person. Period. Just because the law has carved out a defense to the criminal charge for justifiable homicide does not mean that your did not have specific intent to kill. If you were in a circumstance whereby the law did not grant you a pass for self defense, you can be charged with murder because it is an intentional killing. If you satisfy one of the aggravating circumstances, you can and will likely be charged with 1st degree murder. That is the crime that you committed.

D-DAY

The Bronx Bull
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    Hammond
    I pay my taxes to, just figure it as a way to get something back. You really want to use the WOD for the root cause of this incident?

That's pretty funny.

No, I commented previously that was not my intention. The WOD (CDS act) will be a deciding factor in the actual murder charges though.

While the WOD has great bearing on cases like this, no I do not think it was the root cause. We can debate the WOD aspects some other time.

D-DAY

The Bronx Bull
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    Hammond

End of my 2 cents.

You are now on the record Bob.

John_L

FTRB
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    if he wanted to really fight for OC his ass should have joined the Marines or Army and took a little trip to the sandbox, there are plenty of 19 year old men acting responsible overseas, instead of trying to be lil boosies token white boy beat producer..

yall do know thay boosie is supect in the latest death of Another local rApper, seems that savages run in close packs

I hear you. But I don't see this as fighting for OC as much as his OC exposure -- and I know you know what I mean by that -- as "boot camp" for the trouble he's in now.

I'd like to think this is going to cause some people to be a bit more circumspect about their behavior, but I'm not that deluded. Drugs is a magnet for stupidity. Can't avoid Darwin.

D-DAY

The Bronx Bull
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    Hammond
    You really are not understanding. Intent has nothing to do with the victim's actions. If you are walking down the street minding your own business and someone attacks you with a knife. If you draw your gun and shoot him, you have intentionally inflicted death or grave bodily harm on that person. Period. Just because the law has carved out a defense to the criminal charge for justifiable homicide does not mean that your did not have specific intent to kill. If you were in a circumstance whereby the law did not grant you a pass for self defense, you can be charged with murder because it is an intentional killing. If you satisfy one of the aggravating circumstances, you can and will likely be charged with 1st degree murder. That is the crime that you committed.

Allright then,

Seeing as we are not that far away from one another, I will bet you a beer that Murder 1 does not stick!

DemonBob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Welcome to BS :ugh2:

Thanks for the welcome.

For the other post about credibility, I may not have any credibility here since that post was my first. Rest assured that I am a proud gun owner and will defend my right to carry a weapon openly or conciled. I was referancing a conversation, in fact one of the first conversations I've ever had with him. If you don't belive it, take it as it is. But don't attack my credibility when you have no idea who I am or how I know him.

I will be following this case closely as it might have an impact in my rights.

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    You have no credibility here so you can keep posts like this to yourself.

He has as much credibility as you do, for now. If it is factual it is a good post. Unless you have proof that it isn't factual then it is you that can keep posts to yourself.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Thanks for the welcome.

For the other post about credibility, I may not have any credibility here since that post was my first. Rest assured that I am a proud gun owner and will defend my right to carry a weapon openly or conciled. I was referancing a conversation, in fact one of the first conversations I've ever had with him. If you don't belive it, take it as it is. But don't attack my credibility when you have no idea who I am or how I know him.

I will be following this case closely as it might have an impact in my rights.

Welcome Bob, hope you enjoy your stay.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom