Confession & Warning

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I'm an old man, and my revolver is an old man gun. I carry it, for this very reason. Point, shoot, repeat as necessary, drink coffee, then call lawyer, then call cops. Not necessarily in that order.:squint:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I wanted a Blackberrey for the full keyboard, then I realized the keys were indistinguishable.....cause I freakin old and blind, and they are little bitty

now I'm thinkin I fone...do I fone work with sprint nextel ??

Whas Steve say

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Shoot... If you get to be old enough, why not drink coffee? Great things come with age. The ability to get away with things most people cannot is one of them. I can see some great grandpa explaining the thief would have been dead just the same 15 minutes from now, or an hour from now. Story's not gonna change. :D

(I'm kidding here... but back on topic, glad nobody was hurt. Including the parrot.)

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    In my opinion, the thumb safety isn't the real issue here. My biggest problem with this story is right in the first sentence...

I am a guy who lives near danger and keeps several firearms handy, throughout the home. Several are GLOCKS, others are shotguns, S&W's, Kimber 1911s, etc.

If you plan on using a gun to defend yourself, pick ONE gun and train with it. Keep the rest as range toys. This goes right along with something else I'll never understand: guys who have a "carry rotation," choosing from several different models like they're picking out shoes in the morning. Becoming truly proficient with even just one weapon is something a minute percentage of us will ever accomplish, so carrying/having ready several different weapons is really just asking for trouble. When the SHTF, do you think your brain will remember what make and model is in your holster or under your pillow that day, and all of its specific manipulations? Hell no it won't.

That, and thumb safeties are bad...

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    In my opinion, the thumb safety isn't the real issue here. My biggest problem with this story is right in the first sentence...

If you plan on using a gun to defend yourself, pick ONE gun and train with it. Keep the rest as range toys. This goes right along with something else I'll never understand: guys who have a "carry rotation," choosing from several different models like they're picking out shoes in the morning. Becoming truly proficient with even just one weapon is something a minute percentage of us will ever accomplish, so carrying/having ready several different weapons is really just asking for trouble. When the SHTF, do you think your brain will remember what make and model is in your holster or under your pillow that day, and all of its specific manipulations? Hell no it won't.

I get what you're saying and I wholeheartedly agree.

He shoulda picked the GLOCK :D:D

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA

This.

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    My 2cents on anonymous post

1) cell phone was on vibrate and fell off counter,
    2) or sylvester was trying to get tweety bird and knocked cell off of counter
    3) never let the wife leave you sleep alone, it through all his training off, safety, front sight, etc,

4) all clear, rethink safety issue, when I was in LEO in the early 90's everyone with 1911's, sig's s&w. etc with decokers and external safeties , many, many shooeters under stress training were activating and forgetting to disengage safeties and failing to neutralize the target while fooling with safety, in fact I started my POST academy with a SW 4006 and swiched to a Glock at the end of the Academy, I agree Glock, and striker fired guns with the safeties built into the trigger is the way to go. I seen guys/gals with many years of training have safety issues from time to time. GLock operators have no safety issues.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom