Cop Rant

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Or the questions about some heinous (or not) incident. Folks think all the cops are tied in and communicate with each other. The truth is, a street cop's world is rather narrow, and confined to his "beat" for the most part. If it didn't happen on his shift, he probably has no clue about it.

Uh-huh, so what you're saying is they took your red telephone away after you retired.... :rofl:

radney

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Mandeviille
    I think my biggest problem is that many cops forget they are civilians and citizens just like everyone else.

However, I have met many that are quite professional - just like meeting teachers or anything else, some are great, some are terrible.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I do not get that professional vibe from ones here, just normal dickhead attitude from MOST

That's not a fair assessment Neil09! They shouldn't be held to a "professional" standard here(just because they are police), it's an entertainment forum, sprinkled with some interesting stories, tips, and factoids about firearms.

And sometimes alot of comedy.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Ahh gotcha, so some cops separate there assholeness (my new word) from home and work?

Can't answer that! You would have to know them personally (away from work), to know whether they were a**holes 24/7. This forum is not a finite end all gauge. You can get an idea of some one's personality by what they say here and how they say it, but the grain of salt must be included in the mix.

I would surmise many of them would treat you differently in a personal capacity than you may have experienced in a professional capacity.

Last edited:

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Ahh gotcha, so some cops separate there assholeness (my new word) from home and work?

uhm.

Isn't that everyone? I sure as **** know I don't act the same in the conference room at work as I do at the bars or on this forum.

If you can't understand "time and place" for behaviors, then you got bigger issues than cops you think have too much"assholeness"

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    You make yourself into one of THEM by alienating me and my brothers, who are nothing more than John Q Citizens, JUST LIKE YOU. In a nut shell, one of the biggest reasons there is an "Us vs. Them" mentality is because "Them" pushed "US" away!

Now this I've believed and made mention of for some years now.

IMHO when a LEO doesn't consider himself a citizen he's taken a step towards the US vs THEM. As stated though LEO's seem to be forced into taking that step.

However the reason I agree with the statement is because the current America has given Police Officers an impossible task and fries their ass when they don't complete the impossible task. As a nation we have set our Police Officers up for failure. What happens when you belittle a group of people and judge them all with the same measuring stick? The camaraderie is magnified and multiplied with every incident.

It's like the gang mentality. The more they are alienated the less they trust outsiders and the group becomes tighter.

Now throw in some Human Nature like (Bad Cops/Liberal Media/Pessimist/Prideful Ego) and you have a recipe for disaster.

It's is why you will rarely hear about the LEO who risked his life pulling another from a burning car and why those actions will also become rare.

By taking away and restricting the Rights of Men,
    We as a Nation have charged Law Enforcement Officers to do what should be the normal responsibility of all men.

The responsibility of Protecting and Serving ourselves, each other and our families in our own communities from the actions of the Evil ones who wish to do harm.

The Game is thousands of years old and every nation has played it.

Hence the "You don't need guns, only Cops do" mentality.

Last edited:

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Whether a trash man, hospital guard, cop, or prostitute, Im not the type to laugh at someone for merely stating their opinion, especially in such a way that these stupid assholes did. Although its not as surprising coming from lsp. Maybe I was just raised different, no telling. I just don't think its right. They have to aim low towards Yale just because they didn't have any comeback for it, which is pretty chicken **** of all of you who attacked him in that way.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    And to answer your question, no, it is not everyone. I do not clown people whether at work, home, at a bar, or whatever I'm doing. And if you have to do that to make you all feel better about yourself and feel "special" because you have a uniform that you wear along with your gear, then I feel sorry for all of you. That is all.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Whether a trash man, hospital guard, cop, or prostitute, Im not the type to laugh at someone for merely stating their opinion, especially in such a way that these stupid assholes did. Although its not as surprising coming from lsp. Maybe I was just raised different, no telling. I just don't think its right. They have to aim low towards Yale just because they didn't have any comeback for it, which is pretty chicken **** of all of you who attacked him in that way.

I am certain he knew what he was saying and what would happen when he threw that reply out. Particularly after that.

The responses after the fact may have been mean spirited and even sophmorish, but it is what it is. At the end of the day, I doubt if any one is going to literally kill him for what appeared to be a tongue in cheek retort.

Grain of salt!;)

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I like the way we are chicken **** for making a comment about someone who openly posted a statement bashing other people. Is that the pot calling the kettle black? I think everybody here has taken there turn at getting bashed for something they have said. If you don't wanna get bashed then don't post something bashing someone else. Now, bash me all you want, I have a thick akin even though I'm chicken ****,lol

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    How can you compare him saying don't put being LE on a pedestal to personally attacking him about him not being able to go through the academy and his gear? Everyone has certain pet serves. Some hate people calling magazines clips, some hate people on welfare who drive new Cadillac, mine is chicken **** people, and it just happens to me the "LE" on this board that always have chicken **** comments.

erazir

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La.
    I have an immense amount of respect for police officers. Everytime I have had to call one, they've been nothing but nice and courteous. Ive had to call the sherrif a lot the last ten years, because for some reason cars like to slam into mine and my neighbors house. Even had a school bus hit my house once. I thought the sherrif was gonna strangle the bus driver, but he handled business!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Okay, you have my curiousity aroused. WHAT is not surprising? The two posts I made concerning yale were to confirm the existence of a photograph HE posted, and to express surprise at his response to piper's OP. If you consider that "laughing" at him, oh well...

You did get one thing correct. I am most certainly an *******, and also stupid for participating in this goat-screw... ;)

Well Done LSP972; Self deprecating a**holiousity!:D

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I must just lead a boring life, never had LE called on me, never had to call them to my house (except when a democrat left a car parked in my driveway), never been slammed on the hood of a CV, been driving 44 years only been stopped 3 times and they were just fishing, can't blame them I like to fish too.
    I keep my vehicle legal, drive as close to legal as I can, don't hang out with low lifes. I've had a CHP since LSP took them over. Guess mama and daddy did a pretty good job of teaching me right from wrong and how to act. Of course they could kick your ass back then, no 911 for the kids to call.
    And I have a good many friends in LE.

Oh and I don't have illegal tint. :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom