COVID VAX

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    So everyone should have the right to make their own decision. And if they decide to not get it, it's wrong to threaten or pressure them or call them names. But if they decide to get it, calling them names is ok.

dude your hurting my feelings and i think you need to apologize... your making my head hurt and thats not fair.... get out of my head with your mean thoughts!!!:mamoru: joking of course

spot on... lol spot on

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    i agree with that to some point... you not sheep, and thanks for your service... you did somthing i didnt do...
    butttt... if all the vax'ed people dont need medical anymore becasue they are vax'ed... then why cant the un vax'ed get medical help? if anything they just putting money back into the system and utilizing the ins. that they pay for... just saying...

Your response is respectful and reasonable.
    I will give clarification on the last part of my post.

A friend of my Wife’s Dad was confident in his choice to not get a Covid vaccine. He caught the Delta variant and died after spending days on a ventilator at St Bernard Parish Hospital. My point is that he lost confidence in his natural immunity and went to the hospital, then tried to get the vaccine, but was told that it was too late for that. He made his choice, but tried to reverse course at the last minute. Whatever direction you choose, be sure to boldly accept the consequences!

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    Only differance between vaxed and unvaxed that i can see is, you may have a more severe case if you are unvaxed. Both can catch it and both can spread it and both can die from it. An unvaxed person is no more danger to anyone than a vaxed person.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    between fam and friends and co-worlers i know prob 40 or so that have had the delta varriant with about 10% being vax'ed and nobody died from it.. seems as if in all cases the ladys are hit harder than the man was....

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I know a few in my little town that has passed recently. Also one is in the hospital in a vent and has had both legs amputated. It’s sad for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mforsta

Pops
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Denham Springs
    I’ve gotten the vax for personal reasons of which first and foremost is my family. My son is an ICU critical care pulmonologist at a hospital. He told me at the very beginning of this whole COVID crap its not a matter of if but when you get the virus. My wife and I got ours to protect ourselves and to hopefully take some pressure off of the medical staff, like my son who has to deal with this everyday.

He has had to tell patients’s family members sorry but you no longer have a loved one. He’s had to watch young and old alike succumb to damn virus. Just last week he had two young pregnant women died from COVID. Think about the husbands who just lost both their wife and child all because someone not getting a vaccine.

Everyone can make their own personal choice just remember you are not only one having to deal with the consequences. We got ours because we think of other and not just ourselves.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Everyone’s risk tolerance and situation is different. If I was older and had co-morbidities this choice would be a no-brainer. Being middle aged and healthy, or young and in good shape, it’s a different calculus.

*Vaccine* shouldn’t be mandated. Experimental drug. Nobody knows the long term effects

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    If I was older and had co-morbidities this choice would be a no-brainer. Being middle aged and healthy, or young and in good shape, it’s a different calculus.

*Vaccine* shouldn’t be mandated. Experimental drug. Nobody knows the long term effects

I have a young friend in the hospital now with Covid who was as healthy as anyone I know and he can hardly breath.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    You said it would be different for young and healthy. He responded with a personal example

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Got it.

I said it that it was a personal choice. And that if I was young and healthy I probably wouldn’t get the jab. Everyone has to make that choice and live with the consequences.

speaking of personal examples, I know someone that stroked out and died from the jab

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    People that are actually healthy should not be getting sick. Something about them or their body apparently was not so healthy! Think about that for a moment. ;)

Let’s maybe not disrespect a dying man for the sake of getting a jab in, that’s pretty distasteful even by this forum’s standards.

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    Let’s maybe not disrespect a dying man for the sake of getting a jab in, that’s pretty distasteful even by this forum’s standards.

Sorry bud, but you are reading something into my response that is not there! I made no comment what so ever towards or about a dying man in my response. My comment was in general about all people that are supposedly healthy or not. Go back and read my response again and then learn how to comprehend the english language! You are just wanting to argue and cause trouble are you not?

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    As I said in the beginning, it is a personal choice for everyone and they shouldn’t be bashed for whichever they choose.

Maybe my sheep comment was a little harsh and hypocritical, but the passion behind it was that No one should get the vaccine just because the government says it’s “the right thing to do”.

They are pitting American against American and using those vaxed as an additional influence to get those unvaxed to comply.

I quoted an array of statistics, which ironically not one single commenter has mentioned or commented on.

I definitely disagree with “get the vaccine, do it so the medical staff is not stressed”. Everyone chooses their profession (again, for now) in the US. With that mentality, we would never have lines or even a need for appointments or waiting lists… oh there’s too many people at that gas station and I don’t want to overwhelm the attendant so I’m going to run out of gas?

I served my country for 9 years… to an extent I am still serving it today. Just as our military does today, I got so many shots and never questioned one of them and never had a choice. However, I did volunteer!!! I knew they could tell me what to do, and I knew I had to do it. It’s giving up those freedoms in the military that provide for those freedoms in civilian life. The US is not a Military run country. Everyone has a choice and the freedom to make that choice. I’ve clearly said they accept the consequences of their actions with those choices.

But, as a civilian, I don’t think your freedom should be controlled, or lost to make someone else feel better about their own choices.

Also as I stated several times, approve the vaccine and take the experimental tag off of it if it’s so safe. NO ONE can tell me the long term effects on Births, Women, children, anyone that gets the vaccine because the data doesn’t exist. Don’t tell me full term pregnancies show no adverse effects from the vaccine when it had only been given eight months before that was released. There’s too much going on that just doesn’t seem right… look at the statistics, they don’t lie… well unless those controlling the data lie!!! Lol.

Even with all of the reports that deaths were being recorded as a result of the virus, with all the inflated numbers and media reports… you STILL have a better chance to win the lottery than to die from the virus.

Not to be insensitive to those who have lost friends or family at all… I think early on there was no choice… they just had to ride it out and hope for the best. And hospitals were just blowing up peoples lungs with ventilators. We know more now… and we will know even more a year from now… regardless… it should always be a choice.

Freedom is our right. Don’t dwindle your rights away in the name of a virus… or give up free speech… or our rights to protect ourselves from the tyrants.

I think everyone should serve at least one year in the service… if anything, to learn what it’s like to not have freedom… but also to learn what you’re defending… why we fight.

Freedom isn’t free… and we’ve already lost a lot of it with a mask that hides what we don’t have anymore because they allow us to believe we still have it. Take a look at Snowden’s documentary on what the government overreach was and is. Be naive and think El Salvador can’t happen in the US.

Line up and take your medicine because WE KNOW WHATS BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY MORESO THAN YOU DO!!! You’re not smart enough to make decisions for yourself! You’re being irresponsible by not doing what we want and we’re going to turn your friends and neighbors against you, restrict your rights, not allow you to play until you can wear your symbol showing you’re one of the compliant.

There’s much more to what’s going on in this country than we will ever know. TRILLIONS of our children’s and their children’s futures are being burdened by overspending and overreach. That’s why we have an infrastructure bill that only a very small portion is even for infrastructure in the US. We should be able to trust our politicians to make decisions for what the people want… they are not individuals!!! They are supposed to represent the majority.

The US I signed up to support and defend is dwindling before our eyes and everyone just wants to put on goggles and accept the BS answers.

Also, keep in mind that I personally have not discussed my vaccine status… or if I’ve even had the virus. Which I don’t intend to discuss… but it should ALWAYS be a choice… LIVE FREE my friends… don’t surrender the rights our forefathers fought and DIED to protect and create. This is MUCH bigger than a vaccine or a virus.

But then again it’s also your right to say “I’m not going to do anything about it.”

America is not just a country. It’s what millions of people hold dear as a way of life… a freedom to choose their path and live their life with values and control of their own lives. Or at least it should be.

Peace.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I said all along I wouldn’t take it and if I did it would have to be FDA approved 1st. However I went against my own word and did get it because of recent health reasons and doctors advice. I still question if I made the right choice…….

Everyone should be allowed to make their own choice when it comes to mask and vaccines (protect yourself if you feel the need to).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SSWEEEE
    Top Bottom