COVID VAX

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    People that are actually healthy should not be getting sick. Something about them or their body apparently was not so healthy! Think about that for a moment. ;)

I thought you were giving medical advice and you might be a Doctor. Think about that for a moment.

BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town
    Can anybody explain why the CDC does not report breakthrough COVID + cases except those resulting in hospitalization or death? I mean really, tell me who is still testing positive after getting which vax? What is the real efficacy, here?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    You said it would be different for young and healthy. He responded with a personal example

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

At this point I know about 30 or more who got it before the vaccine, my son in law and daughter were two but my two grand children living in the same house didn't.
    Two were late 80's early 90's, had literally died and been brought back from a heart attack several years ago and both had very mild symptoms.
    Three couples, in all cases one got it the other didn't or had mild symptoms. Only one of the six ended up in the hospital.
    No one I know has died from it.
    My belief is there is a component to one's makeup that determines how the virus affects you. I say this because there are too many instances where the apparently young and healthy get it and have bad results and where obviously old and unhealthy individuals get it and have mild to no symptoms.
    Finding what that component is may go a long ways in determining who needs the vaccine and also may unlock why some get other diseases and some don't.
    I am 77 and have CAD but don't often get colds and can't remember the last time I had one and have only had something that maybe was the flu back in 1973 and never had the flu vaccine.
    At this point I am not planning on getting the vaccine. I may based on if it receives FDA approval and and my observation of the virus progresses. As if now the delta appears more easily spread but not more deadly plus progress on treatment has been made treatment.
    I told my PCP last January I didn't plan on getting the vaccine at that time. She told me if Iget symptoms call her and go to the ER and I will call in and have you get the monoclonal antibody infusion.

Last edited:

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    My wife and I got the vax . It was OUR decision . It wasn't because any politician told us to . I will not tell anybody else what they should or should not do .

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/...ite-proving-strong-natural-covid-immunity-and

[FONT=&quot]A Canadian writer who flew home from Europe to visit her mother was refused entry and sent back because she wasn’t vaccinated, even though she presented detailed proof that she has strong natural immunity to COVID after having recovered from the virus.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Rachel Marsden [/FONT]detailed her experience in an op-ed[FONT=&quot] last week, noting [/FONT]“Canada tried to force me into a Covid detention facility threatening fines and police action as they don’t recognize my natural immunity. I had no choice but to immediately fly back to Europe.”

Marsden notes that “I committed the apparent violation of trying to re-enter my own country with proof of naturally acquired Covid-19 antibodies made by my own immune system post-recovery rather than those generated by the manmade Covid-19 vaccine about which much is still to be learned.”

The writer recounts “I was treated worse than a criminal. I arrived at the airport with a negative PCR test (from within the previous 48 hours), two positive Covid antibody tests from March and July proving that I still had significant Covid antibodies post-recovery, and a ‘covid immunity certificate’ written and signed by my French doctor to confirm this fact.”

Last edited:

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I read somewhere that maybe the Mayo clinic (not 100% sure on facility) did a study and Pfizer was ~50% effective against catching the delta variant and Moderna was ~75% effective against catching delta numbers may not be exact but they are pretty close going off memory here. Both are effective at keeping you safe from the most severe outcomes of catching the delta variant. That is the goal with the Covid vaccines it may not be 100% effective against catching the virus but it will keep the majority of people from having severe outcomes that require heroic lifesaving measures and that is what sold me on getting the shot. Same reason I get the flu shot every year it keeps me from being down and out for days instead I get what feels like a shitty cold and can keep on trucking with some OTC cold meds.

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans

Since I'm probably the only guy in here that's been to Canada in the last few weeks, this lady is kinda dumb. She tried to skip the rules for entering a country that have been posted super clearly for over a year and are really straightforward.

- Negative lab test within 72 hours of entry, and PCR tests (do-at-home) do not count
    - Vaccinated travelers don't have to quarantine
    - Unvaccinated travelers have to quarantine wherever they're staying for another test on day 8, and for another week if still still positive.

That's it. Very straightforward. There's no such thing as a covid detention facility, you have to quarantine in a house or hotel or wherever you're staying and they call every few days to make sure you're still there. Unvaccinated people who enter the country by air are asked to spend the first 3 days of their quarantine in an airport hotel (i.e., the Hilton, not a prison) just to be safe; people that drive in are exempt from this part. Pain in the ass, but not a big deal. This woman didn't get vaccinated and got a test that wasn't accepted and they asked her to quarantine - not much of a surprise there. It says as much in the part of the article you didn't paste.

Last edited:

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    Ok my 2 cents…….

I personally know of 5 people having died from COVID. 1 was fully vaccinated.

I also know 5 that died after getting fully vaccinated heart issues and stroke.

Not heard of know, the people. So even right?

Not so fast Tonto, I also personally know 3 people that got Gillian Barre disease. Maybe spelling this wrong.

My wife and I both got COVID in March/April of 2020. I am told I most likely won’t get it again, but should still get the Jab, by my Dr.

Not so sure I will as think so or not, the P365 had a lot of problems when it 1st came out. This vaccine, same thing.

Only 1 issue is, you can’t reverse this vaccine. If you get heart issues, or Gillian Barre, neurological issues, your stuck with it.

I have talked with several doctors that don’t trust this vaccine. Lastly my son is a pharmacist back the vaccine, pro-vac, but hasn’t gotten this one yet. Hmmmmm.

As far as doing my part for the community and getting a jab, if they did, and the vaccine works, then why should it matter if I do or not.

Just makes sense to me.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    As I said in the beginning, it is a personal choice for everyone and they shouldn’t be bashed for whichever they choose.

Maybe my sheep comment was a little harsh and hypocritical, but the passion behind it was that No one should get the vaccine just because the government says it’s “the right thing to do”.

They are pitting American against American and using those vaxed as an additional influence to get those unvaxed to comply.

I quoted an array of statistics, which ironically not one single commenter has mentioned or commented on.

I definitely disagree with “get the vaccine, do it so the medical staff is not stressed”. Everyone chooses their profession (again, for now) in the US. With that mentality, we would never have lines or even a need for appointments or waiting lists… oh there’s too many people at that gas station and I don’t want to overwhelm the attendant so I’m going to run out of gas?

I served my country for 9 years… to an extent I am still serving it today. Just as our military does today, I got so many shots and never questioned one of them and never had a choice. However, I did volunteer!!! I knew they could tell me what to do, and I knew I had to do it. It’s giving up those freedoms in the military that provide for those freedoms in civilian life. The US is not a Military run country. Everyone has a choice and the freedom to make that choice. I’ve clearly said they accept the consequences of their actions with those choices.

But, as a civilian, I don’t think your freedom should be controlled, or lost to make someone else feel better about their own choices.

Also as I stated several times, approve the vaccine and take the experimental tag off of it if it’s so safe. NO ONE can tell me the long term effects on Births, Women, children, anyone that gets the vaccine because the data doesn’t exist. Don’t tell me full term pregnancies show no adverse effects from the vaccine when it had only been given eight months before that was released. There’s too much going on that just doesn’t seem right… look at the statistics, they don’t lie… well unless those controlling the data lie!!! Lol.

Even with all of the reports that deaths were being recorded as a result of the virus, with all the inflated numbers and media reports… you STILL have a better chance to win the lottery than to die from the virus.

Not to be insensitive to those who have lost friends or family at all… I think early on there was no choice… they just had to ride it out and hope for the best. And hospitals were just blowing up peoples lungs with ventilators. We know more now… and we will know even more a year from now… regardless… it should always be a choice.

Freedom is our right. Don’t dwindle your rights away in the name of a virus… or give up free speech… or our rights to protect ourselves from the tyrants.

I think everyone should serve at least one year in the service… if anything, to learn what it’s like to not have freedom… but also to learn what you’re defending… why we fight.

Freedom isn’t free… and we’ve already lost a lot of it with a mask that hides what we don’t have anymore because they allow us to believe we still have it. Take a look at Snowden’s documentary on what the government overreach was and is. Be naive and think El Salvador can’t happen in the US.

Line up and take your medicine because WE KNOW WHATS BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY MORESO THAN YOU DO!!! You’re not smart enough to make decisions for yourself! You’re being irresponsible by not doing what we want and we’re going to turn your friends and neighbors against you, restrict your rights, not allow you to play until you can wear your symbol showing you’re one of the compliant.

There’s much more to what’s going on in this country than we will ever know. TRILLIONS of our children’s and their children’s futures are being burdened by overspending and overreach. That’s why we have an infrastructure bill that only a very small portion is even for infrastructure in the US. We should be able to trust our politicians to make decisions for what the people want… they are not individuals!!! They are supposed to represent the majority.

The US I signed up to support and defend is dwindling before our eyes and everyone just wants to put on goggles and accept the BS answers.

Also, keep in mind that I personally have not discussed my vaccine status… or if I’ve even had the virus. Which I don’t intend to discuss… but it should ALWAYS be a choice… LIVE FREE my friends… don’t surrender the rights our forefathers fought and DIED to protect and create. This is MUCH bigger than a vaccine or a virus.

But then again it’s also your right to say “I’m not going to do anything about it.”

America is not just a country. It’s what millions of people hold dear as a way of life… a freedom to choose their path and live their life with values and control of their own lives. Or at least it should be.

Peace.

Oh, the ole “you chose that profession” argument. I guess the medical professionals could quit but I’m not so sure that would be good for all of us. We have all seen the statistics many times before so not really sure what comments you are wanting people to make. And isn’t it a little weird to start a debate on the vaccine and then not actually say what you chose? Stir the pot and then sit back and watch, I like your style.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    At this point I know about 30 or more who got it before the vaccine, my son in law and daughter were two but my two grand children living in the same house didn't.
    Two were late 80's early 90's, had literally died and been brought back from a heart attack several years ago and both had very mild symptoms.
    Three couples, in all cases one got it the other didn't or had mild symptoms. Only one of the six ended up in the hospital.
    No one I know has died from it.
    My belief is there is a component to one's makeup that determines how the virus affects you. I say this because there are too many instances where the apparently young and healthy get it and have bad results and where obviously old and unhealthy individuals get it and have mild to no symptoms.
    Finding what that component is may go a long ways in determining who needs the vaccine and also may unlock why some get other diseases and some don't.
    I am 77 and have CAD but don't often get colds and can't remember the last time I had one and have only had something that maybe was the flu back in 1973 and never had the flu vaccine.
    At this point I am not planning on getting the vaccine. I may based on if it receives FDA approval and and my observation of the virus progresses. As if now the delta appears more easily spread but not more deadly plus progress on treatment has been made treatment.
    I told my PCP last January I didn't plan on getting the vaccine at that time. She told me if Iget symptoms call her and go to the ER and I will call in and have you get the monoclonal antibody infusion.

Not sure I’d plan on speedy treatment at the hospital. Maybe magdump can give us an update on what the ER looks like. I know EMS told me last week they were stacking people they brought to ttt hospital in the hallway. They also said it took close to 2hrs to get one triaged.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Oh, the ole “you chose that profession” argument. I guess the medical professionals could quit but I’m not so sure that would be good for all of us. We have all seen the statistics many times before so not really sure what comments you are wanting people to make. And isn’t it a little weird to start a debate on the vaccine and then not actually say what you chose? Stir the pot and then sit back and watch, I like your style.

Obviously you’re missing the point. Picking and choosing what you want to dispel. I’m saying it’s YOUR choice… as it should be for everyone. I also said you accept the consequences of your decision… I also am aware of several professions that get paid well to do what they do… I never heard of it changing based on how BUSY it gets.

I ran a bar for 6 years… I didn’t complain during Mardi Gras because 9000 tourists came in and destroyed the place… it’s part of the job.

Oh wait, is it because they’re putting themselves at risk? So they didn’t get the vaccine????

Not to mention every healthcare professional I know said initially they “would never get the vaccine”… so everyone else should???

Read the full thread before you try to come in after a bunch of posts, select what you want to bitch about and then try to start some ****.

My reason for not mentioning my status is because it is not relevant. I’m talking about rights and people viewing everyone who hasn’t gotten the vaccine as some kind of criminal.

Comprehension is a wonderful thing. Give it a shot.

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    I will just say, those that want to get the vaccine, get the vaccine. Those that do not want to get the vaccine, then do not get the vaccine. It is a personal choice of which each and every individual is free to make and it is no one else's business if they get the vaccine or do not get the vaccine and in my opinion have no say what so ever concerning their choice. Freedom of choice is not that hard to comprehend.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Obviously you’re missing the point. Picking and choosing what you want to dispel. I’m saying it’s YOUR choice… as it should be for everyone. I also said you accept the consequences of your decision… I also am aware of several professions that get paid well to do what they do… I never heard of it changing based on how BUSY it gets.

I ran a bar for 6 years… I didn’t complain during Mardi Gras because 9000 tourists came in and destroyed the place… it’s part of the job.

Oh wait, is it because they’re putting themselves at risk? So they didn’t get the vaccine????

Not to mention every healthcare professional I know said initially they “would never get the vaccine”… so everyone else should???

Read the full thread before you try to come in after a bunch of posts, select what you want to bitch about and then try to start some ****.

My reason for not mentioning my status is because it is not relevant. I’m talking about rights and people viewing everyone who hasn’t gotten the vaccine as some kind of criminal.

Comprehension is a wonderful thing. Give it a shot.

I read it twice and responded, I didn’t even have to use profanity. I agree with its an individual choice. I simply commented on the things I took exception to.

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    https://youtu.be/AUjkSaedN4g

Wish I had the Zip drive this guy is talking about. Skip to 15:00

I can help -the findings he's documented are not uncommon and have been shared globally among those that've moved beyond what governments are dictating. Simply put -those that are hell bent on saving lives are prescribing theraputics and doing so having benefited from "this guy" and thousands like him.

I use a doctor for SARS CoV2 that's had it, caught it when he 1st started seeing patients in the ER -said he was fairly sure he'd die from it, holed up in a hotel with halucinations. Since then he got educated from one of the top physicians in his area (of course he's NOT from Louisiana) and he's now treated 500+ successfully using a combination of theraputics and supplements. None have even been hospitalized so intubation is laughable.

The "test, shutdown, isolate, mask, hospitalize, intubate, distance, die" routine is being cemented in as fact 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Is there really nothing else? For anyone with at least 158gr ballsack that song and dance is mostly ********. Being fearful of Covid-19 disease is a tactic for compliance. Theraputics are working for millions. The fact that they've been hushed from jump is ____________________ (fill in the blank). The fact that they've now been peer reviewed in multiples and still hushed is ___________________ (fill in the blank).

I'm going to stick with the hundreds of thousands that have actually read ALL of the P1 and P2 trial data, the ones using repurposed medications with decades of safety, the ones that have a Nobel peace prize for discovering viruses, the ones that understand that P3 volunteers are NOT volunteering at all -that they're being manipulated by government shutdowns, threatened with loss of more freedoms, fearful of losing or unable to keep their jobs. I'll choose them over the brainwashed parrots any day.

(oh, and with the 158gr thing, sure hoping I haven't excluded that one dude with a single nut!)

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    Wouldn't the people that get the Chinese flu and don't know they have it spread it more than someone that realizes they have it and quarantine themselves? So in reality, the vaxed could spread it more than the unvaxed. that could be a problem.

Top Bottom