COVID VAX

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    See the mask thread for the numerous responses debunking this historically moronic misinformation. Thanks!

Or,

The virus is contained in your fluids, a mask accumulates those fluids instead of letting it out.

No, it's not 100%

It does reduce the amount an infected person emitts to the local atmosphere.

Jay L

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2021
    Central, LA
    See the mask thread for the numerous responses debunking this historically moronic misinformation. Thanks!

I searched many reputable sites and got the same info about virus particle size and the capabilites of N95 masks, ie NIH . I skipped over usa today and politifact etc. Sorry if you don't want to believe it.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA

"Moronic" misinformation.... Hmmmm.... So the science... is global warming real? Because I can find scientific information that disputes it... and those that support it. The same applies to EVERYTHING in the scientific community. For every scientist saying "The Masks Work", there's another that is saying they don't.

You are entitled to believe whatever you like. It's still a "free" country... for now.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    The point is the unvaccinated are infecting the unvaccinated.Now,all these children are being thrown into school and their parents are protesting about wearing masks.I don't have any kids(that I know of),but can you imagine the grief? Kids are dying because they can't be vaccinated right now.Sure,it's not many,but....
    MA is seeing a huge spike of infected children. MA boasts one of the highest vax rates in the nation.

https://whdh.com/news/coronavirus-cases-rise-among-children-in-mass-ahead-of-school-year/

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    "Moronic" misinformation.... Hmmmm.... So the science... is global warming real? Because I can find scientific information that disputes it... and those that support it. The same applies to EVERYTHING in the scientific community. For every scientist saying "The Masks Work", there's another that is saying they don't.

You are entitled to believe whatever you like. It's still a "free" country... for now.

NASA has a good website on climate change. It's actually a good informative read. https://climate.nasa.gov/

It's real. Any semi-intelligent person who has objectively and reasonablly put thought into the topic and still doesn't think so is just sticking their head in the sand.

We might can argue about how much can be attributed to man vs natural, but even that opportunity is getting smaller.

Back to masks, saying that the virus is smaller than the holes in the mask therefore masks don't work only shows the person doesn't understand the mechanisms at play. There's much more going on than round peg in a round hole.

Last edited:

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish

I tend to agree, it's not 100%. But, it's better than faith alone.
    https://www.kxan.com/news/coronavir...-scientific-studies-that-explain-why-they-do/

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    FDA approval adds legitimacy and liability.

Since Donald Trump cut the red tape, FDA approval will likely be late August to early September. I based my decision to get vaccinated on my prior knowledge of mRNA vaccines that have already been used since 2003. I first heard of them in my college microbiology class. It is a very effective delivery system that is superior to traditional vector vaccines like the seasonal flue or Johnson and Johnson. I would have passed on the Johnson and Johnson regardless of FDA approval.

There are too many FDA approved foods that are bad for you. Science is a better measure of quality over the FDA.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Since Donald Trump cut the red tape, FDA approval will likely be late August to early September. I based my decision to get vaccinated on my prior knowledge of mRNA vaccines that have already been used since 2003. I first heard of them in my college microbiology class. It is a very effective delivery system that is superior to traditional vector vaccines like the seasonal flue or Johnson and Johnson. I would have passed on the Johnson and Johnson regardless of FDA approval.

There are too many FDA approved foods that are bad for you. Science is a better measure of quality over the FDA.

I am a little confused by people basing getting the vaccine on the FDA. Most do not trust the government and that’s why they haven’t gotten it but yet are waiting on government approval. If anyone thinks the government is going to recommend this all day everyday and then turn right around and deny FDA approval then you are insane. Maybe 30yrs from now we might find out different but I can promise you they aren’t admitting any wrong doing anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have an actual bottle of human ivermectin on standby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I used it on livestock and never lost any of them. Word is it is pretty effective and I will leave it at that.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA

My Wife used that stuff to deworm horses when she was a Vet tech. She said that a horse sized dose will give you the shits, make you very sick, then possibly kill you. She also said that stupidity should hurt. How else will some people learn.

This reminds me of the people who were filling trash bags with gasoline. Every crisis brings out the best and the worst in people.

Top Bottom