Crossfit Gym

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • benorth

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm looking to join a crossfit gym, ideally in the Central area. I am limited to how far I can reasonably travel because I watch my son several days a week. Any recommendations for that area?

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I think there is a box opening in Central soon off of Wax road, but you don't know what you are going to get at a new box with a new trainer. You can do a free week at Crossfit BR, it is in Industriplex, not exactly close to central. Text "Crossfitbr" to "69302" for a free week.

Best strategy would be to do a Thursday or Friday Intro, free Saturday Class, your free week followed by another free Saturday class. You should be able to decide if you want to sign up or not by then, if the drive isn't too bad, if you like the instructor, etc.

Last edited:

ltranger14

Spooky 8
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Prairieville
    +1 on Denham Springs Crossfit. Been there just over a year. Great people great trainers. The owner and some trainers are opening one in Central soon. Not sure of the time line.

benorth

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Out of curiosity, what is the going rate for a crossfit gym in this area? I see that DSCF requires a minimum 6 month contract, is that normal here or is it mostly monthly? I'm only here until August- September, if nothing changes. Thanks for the responses.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Out of curiosity, what is the going rate for a crossfit gym in this area? I see that DSCF requires a minimum 6 month contract, is that normal here or is it mostly monthly? I'm only here until August- September, if nothing changes. Thanks for the responses.

Crossfit BR is Tiered. You can buy a punch card for $10 a class, go month to month, or do 3 or 6 month contracts. All the boxes in the area wanted a 6 month contract, we liked the trainer at crossfitBR the best and to top it off he has a killer deal for couples. It was cheaper to do the couples deal at Crossfit BR than to do an individual contract at the other BR area boxes.

jwglock

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Ponchatoula, LA
    $115 per month. Not sure about the 6 month contract being standard for the area, but I would imagine most have a minimum time. Just to note that the contract does not have to be renewed for an additional 6 months. It becomes a month to month contract after the initial period.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Just to note that the contract does not have to be renewed for an additional 6 months. It becomes a month to month contract after the initial period.

This, I contacted all the boxes in Baton Rouge, all wanted a long term contract but they turn into month to months. Couples rate is $160 I believe at CrossfitBR, maybe $150, I would have to check for sure. Cheapest option by far. $115 isn't bad at all, considering some in the area charge $200+ a month. One Box would cost $370 a month with the couples discount they had.

c10seven

just a guy
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Prairieville
    As far as price and contracts, my wife and I go to Crossfit Virtus in Gonzales, they offer punch cards, month to month, 6mo, 12mo & 24 mo contracts. The longer you sign up for the less the cost. Month to month is $150 and is a no contract deal. I'm not suggesting you come out there cause it is way far from where you want to be, just giving the pricing example.

dglough

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Mandeville, LA
    Over here in Mandeville at Crossfit Launch the membershit is $150/mth or if you pay for 6 or 12 months it is $100/mth. Definitely worth it.

Sure do wish some of my fellow crossfitters were also BS members...

Top Bottom