Custom engraving on polymer sig grip modules

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve-0

Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Close to New Orleans
    hello all, I am trying to find someone in the northshore or south shore area that does good engraving on polymer grip modules, preferably with an automated machine. I have a couple ideas but don’t have the equipment to do a “professional” job. I am willing to pay, but hopefully looking for a reasonable price. Attached is a picture of what I did to one p320 grip, by hand. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      332.9 KB · Views: 61

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    hello all, I am trying to find someone in the northshore or south shore area that does good engraving on polymer grip modules, preferably with an automated machine. I have a couple ideas but don’t have the equipment to do a “professional” job. I am willing to pay, but hopefully looking for a reasonable price. Attached is a picture of what I did to one p320 grip, by hand. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Here to help, except I am only doing Glock frames at the moment. They are in the $220-$240 range.

Steve-0

Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Close to New Orleans

Steve-0

Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Close to New Orleans
    Here to help, except I am only doing Glock frames at the moment. They are in the $220-$240 range.
    Do you know anyone else who does do sig modules? Also, I’m sorry I didn’t follow on the phone, sig grip require what? Post something? I’m assuming it’s not something I could do myself…however I was hoping it would be slightly cheaper as I have 3-5 grips I would like to get engraved.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Do you know anyone else who does do sig modules? Also, I’m sorry I didn’t follow on the phone, sig grip require what? Post something? I’m assuming it’s not something I could do myself…however I was hoping it would be slightly cheaper as I have 3-5 grips I would like to get engraved.
    Post prep. They have a ton of fiberglass/nylon fibers after they are lasered. They have to be aluminum oxide blasted then either Cerakoted black, or a plastic rejuvenator applied.

Steve-0

Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Close to New Orleans
    Is it possible you could do one grip module for me, and I can try to clean it up after laser cut? That way if I can’t clean it up, I’m only out about $50 for the grip plus what you charge, but if it works out well we could discuss patterns and other grip modules (I have a p320 xten to do with a custom image, a p365xl to do with custom design, and 2 x 9mm p320 to do with custom designs).
    If you are unable or unwilling to try, do you know of anyone else in the area that does do engraving on sig grip modules? I know you don’t want to send business to what must be your competition, but if you refuse to do that service it seems like sending me somewhere else wouldn’t be absurd…

cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    You may want to consider non-oem grip modules. I have Armory Craft and Mischief Machine modules. The MM is aluminum and has replaceable panels, so at least those may be much easier? IDK what the AC module is made of except that its polymer and it may more "glock like" from a material standpoint.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tony_Jacobs
    Top Bottom