Custom Gun Belts Starting at $75, Holsters starting at $60

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I just got my belt from Kcinnick, and cant be more happy. I am pretty picky with leather since I see a lot of leather around falconry.. I love it, He was kind of enough to share a look and touch of his prototypes of holsters.. JUST WAIT!!! I am going to go broke buying his work..

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Guys, don't look at my belt, it was the first wearable belt I ever made... They are much better these days.

Dave, is this what you had in mind. Obviously I need to finish it up, get some dye on it, clean up the edges, I might be able to make one a little smaller and I could make one sewn completely around, I was just experimenting to get something that would work with what you had in mind.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    oohh , yea. or maybe two pass throughs one on each end.. not sure though..

That was a quicky with scraps. I can make it probably a 1/2" less wide and sew around the end contoured to the magazine to make it better. I was just playing with the concept. I could do two loops or one, your choice. I'll make a nice one this weekend. I assume you want it the same color as your belt, but I can make it black,brown, purple, blue, yellow, natural, red, tan, more colors if you are willing to wait for me to order some dye. I'll have to figure out how much the leather it uses to quote a price, but it should hurt you too much, but it will be a little more than that Fleabay one you showed me.

After thought..

Two straps will be more stable, one wide in the middle will allow you to put it in more positions. For example you can have 1/3 of the mag hang over the end of a belt loop on your jeans with this setup, if you have two straps on the end you would have less places to position it, you couldn't have it overhang a belt loop. Its pretty stable as is, and if you have your belt snug at all its going to keep it in place.

Last edited:

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    Sorry for my newbness but are your belts thicker than traditional belts? I was just wondering because it's time to invest in a carry belt and would like a slightly stiff belt to help with distributing the weight and drawing. I've only read about some belts that have a piece of kydex sandwiched in between leather to form a belt.

Again, I'm sorry if that sounded ignorant. I want to make sure I get a good belt I can use to carry and wear every day. And then I want to prove to a family member once and for all that a gun belt makes a difference in carrying/drawing. So that makes two belts I would need. Thanks for your patience with me or you could tell me to F-off.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    As far as the quality of my belts and if you can wear them everyday just read the reviews from the guys that bought them. All reviews on BS have been unsolicited.

Some vendors put a thin piece of Kydex sandwiched in between the leather to make the belt stiffer, that's find and dandy until you bend the kydex and all of a sudden you have a kink in your belt you can't get out.

Most vendors that use reinforcement put a strip of nylon webbing into their belts, what really makes it stiff is the glue that soaks into the nylon, and not the actual nylon itself. I don't think it is needed.

That being said, I use two layers of Hermann Oak 7oz leather. I glue the two layers together with a contact cement, cut them to length/shape, then sew them together with 277 bonded nylon. Basically, these belts are suitable to carry any normal side arm and are extremely sturdy. The belt comes to just under 1/4" thick.

I wouldn't tell you to F off even if you buy a belt from another vendor, but you would be hard pressed to find a belt made with US tanned leather and the same quality hardware I use for $90, much less $65. If you want opinions on other belts I would be happy to assist you. I have learned from a lot of the guys that are legends in the gun leather world, they just don't like their name used because most of them have sold their name and don't actually produce the holsters with their name on them any longer.

Also, a lot of vendors just use an edge paint that wears off over time, I actually burnish the edge, make the leather slick to where it looks like one piece of leather then put a clear acrylic finish to seal the edge. It holds up much better than just painting the edge.

Any more questions, just ask, but you are right, a real gun belt will make all the difference in the world.

Sorry for my newbness but are your belts thicker than traditional belts? I was just wondering because it's time to invest in a carry belt and would like a slightly stiff belt to help with distributing the weight and drawing. I've only read about some belts that have a piece of kydex sandwiched in between leather to form a belt.

Again, I'm sorry if that sounded ignorant. I want to make sure I get a good belt I can use to carry and wear every day. And then I want to prove to a family member once and for all that a gun belt makes a difference in carrying/drawing. So that makes two belts I would need. Thanks for your patience with me or you could tell me to F-off.

brfd557

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Baton Rouge

From what you described Kinnick's belts are exactly what your looking for, you will not be disappointed. It will make a huge difference in everyday carrying and drawing than traditional belts.

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    Thank you for taking your time to explain the different kinds! After looking through your pictures after reading your explanation, I am definitely on the boat. I will send you a pm once I get measurements.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Thank you for taking your time to explain the different kinds! After looking through your pictures after reading your explanation, I am definitely on the boat. I will send you a pm once I get measurements.

No problem, just let me know. I am starting another new batch Friday, I just needs some sizes from some guys.... Pangris.... Audioshooter(I forgot what size you ended up with in brown)... Thanks for yours Tiz68.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    It's sitting their looking at me. We are making a trip to sherburne Sunday afternoon, so I hope you get it before then. Just let me know when you can make it near buy.

If anybody mentions my leather on another board, give me a heads up. I have gotten a couple 0 posts contacts that were a little on the weird side.

Ashley

Mrs. Ferrara
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ashley and I am Nick's wife. I have watched and helped him make these belts. And i know for a fact that he puts his heart and soul into what he loves. He absolutely loves to make belts! He definitely takes his time to make sure they are perfect. Believe me, his patience and need for perfection is the key to his success with leather. I can't wait until he branches out with holsters and magazine holders. That means more time to do what he loves to do. If anyone has any questions and cannot get a hold of nick, i will be more than happy to help!

Thanks,
    Ashley :)

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    Nick, sent you my order via pm.

As for Ashley, you sound very supportive! And a looker to boot! Any single sisters/friends with the same attitude? Sorry, had to put that in there. That is great that you are supporting your husband. I am willing to bet that this is a start to a well known business in the industry!

Nick, revised my order! Please confirm on your end, I sent you another pm

Last edited:

Tiz68

Gun Lover
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    Morgan City
    No problem, just let me know. I am starting another new batch Friday, I just needs some sizes from some guys.... Pangris.... Audioshooter(I forgot what size you ended up with in brown)... Thanks for yours Tiz68.

No problem! Thank you for the hard work! I can't wait to see it!

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ashley and I am Nick's wife. I have watched and helped him make these belts. And i know for a fact that he puts his heart and soul into what he loves. He absolutely loves to make belts! He definitely takes his time to make sure they are perfect. Believe me, his patience and need for perfection is the key to his success with leather. I can't wait until he branches out with holsters and magazine holders. That means more time to do what he loves to do. If anyone has any questions and cannot get a hold of nick, i will be more than happy to help!

Thanks,
    Ashley :)

Ashley, thank you for helping me! You were such a big help, and it's amazing how supportive you are of Nick! He truly has an amazing partner! The two of you together will make a wonderful business! And I definitely look forward to doing business with y'all again! I can't wait to see some holsters and mag holders!!

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Nick, sent you my order via pm.

As for Ashley, you sound very supportive! And a looker to boot! Any single sisters/friends with the same attitude? Sorry, had to put that in there. That is great that you are supporting your husband. I am willing to bet that this is a start to a well known business in the industry!

I am leaving for my 13-14 hour day at "Big Box Retailer" I run 3 days a week, so I'll figure everything out when I get back tonight, Ashley might be able to get things straight sooner or if I can sneak a lunch I'll catch up on PMs.

Nick, revised my order! Please confirm on your end, I sent you another pm

I am leaving for my 13-14 hour day at "Big Box Retailer" I run 3 days a week, so I'll figure everything out when I get back tonight, Ashley might be able to get things straight sooner or if I can sneak a lunch I'll catch up on PMs.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge

Thanks. I'll be cutting them to length shortly. I have been making stuff all day. Dave your mag carrier is drying, I will try to get a pic up when it is finished tonight, It looks like crap now, but it looked great before I dip dyed it. Now I know why everyone charges so much for mag carriers, they take just as long to make as holsters even though they use 1/3 the material.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom