Custom Gun Belts Starting at $75, Holsters starting at $60

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    awesome, exactly what I wanted.. Nice mag BTW/

That's my goal.

Got my belt today. Ashley met me and delivered it. It's an excellent belt and the folks behind it are great too! Definitely will recommend them to anyone.

Thanks, I am at a loss for words with the great response from everyone. If the buckle got scratched when dropped while changing it, let me know and I'll get you another one.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Are you ever going to get into, I don't know the proper term for it but I guess making designs into the belts or names phrases anything like that. My dad has one with his name and a bunch of fancy scroll work I wouldn't mind something like that one day.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Are you ever going to get into, I don't know the proper term for it but I guess making designs into the belts or names phrases anything like that. My dad has one with his name and a bunch of fancy scroll work I wouldn't mind something like that one day.

One day, probably when/if I sell enough leather to quit my day job I will get into it, it takes a lot of time and practice to carve leather. There are easier ways to put designs on leather, embossing, stamps, laser engraving, but carving is the the ultimate in leather ornamentation.

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Those mag holders look perfect! 11 o' clock position would be perfect and be able to sit down without any comfort issues. I like so far.

That was a design request from Dave. I could make it better if I made it again, but don't tell Dave that. I need to get it to him for field testing to see how it holds up without a retention device/OWB, he didn't want a snap on it. Ashley had a hard time getting it on without it sticking out somewhere, but I don't think Dave will have that problem, he has more girth to work with.

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    That's my goal.

Thanks, I am at a loss for words with the great response from everyone. If the buckle got scratched when dropped while changing it, let me know and I'll get you another one.

It's good to go. Been walking around the house with my Bladetech and M&P, admiring it not flopping around anymore :D

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I took the mag holder out for dinner, movie and book store.. it carries nicely and holds perfectly.. It is comforting to know you have a reload.. handy.. Perfect design and just what I wanted.. Thank you.

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    Looks great either way. I might have the same problem but I don't think it will be much of an issue because many people carry their phones like that right? Worse comes to worse, I think wearing it at the 7 o'clock position would suffice. Please keep me updated on retention issues. Definitely interested. I will send you a pm about design also.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    It is a complicated item to price, they take a good amount of time to make, but they don't utilize much material. The one I made for Dave was sort of a prototype I just made without a pattern. I am making Dave another (vertical) and I am going to try to track my time, materials, etc. and come up with price that is fair but it has to be profitable. I can make a vertical pancake style that looks much nicer or "themcfarland mag pouch" which seems to be really practical, but do to the construction is hard to make look pretty, especially on the back.

The first one was paid for in 7.62X39, I am not sure the current market value on it, but I needed it for tomorrow and Dave had some so it made for an easy quick trade.

brfd 557,
    We'll let you know tomorrow. We haven't decided yet.
    Thanks for your support :)

Ashley

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I have all the LEO patterns and could make a duty belt, but I couldn't compete with the big boys on price. I also haven't gotten into basket weaving yet, and the way the large manufactures do it is they either use an embossing wheel for things like belts or use a giant clicker stamp for things like pouches, holsters, etc. It's not really old school basket weave, just a big single stamp.

I think I could better serve the LEO community with non issue style gear, but I would be willing to try anything, that's how the "themcfarland mag pouch" was born. (He named it....)

If you are ready for a belt PM your size.

I need to start collecting magazines.... for guns I don't even own....

looks like ill be in on a belt and mag holder, just let us know!

have you though about any duty belts for Law Enforcement?

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Got all orders assembled (except 09Corvette, somehow between my wife and I she told me the wrong size or I cut the wrong size, probably my fault, so I started a new one from the start today). I am going to do the finishing processes over the next few days after work and hopefully ship/ start delivering Thursday.

Dirty_Sanchez requested a more of a aged looking belt, and I must say it is coming out extremely nice. It is extra work, but It is worth it. If I add it as an option I will need to charge $10 to cover the cost of time and extra work making the leather look the way it does. My next belt is getting the treatment, if this strap would have been long enough for my big tail it would have been mine!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1bullseyebum
    Top Bottom