CVS - WTF

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Sorry to hear that sir. My ex mother in law died from a stroke after recieving the covid vaccine. Damned if we do, damned if we dont. I am not taking the chance of having this foreign substance injected into my body.

I fell off of a roof. Shattered my right foot. It was after I took those PB pills during the Gulf War. Curse those pills.

roll_tide

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2021
    Pineville, LA.
    I fell off of a roof. Shattered my right foot. It was after I took those PB pills during the Gulf War. Curse those pills.

I am sorry but I am not following you. Please explain. My ex mother in law's stroke was attributed to the covid vaccine per the coronor and her autopsy report. Rest her soul.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If you read what I quoted I was only replying that the poster's assertion that Thalimide treated leprosy was correct not how relevant the fact was to the argument that was going on.

Sorry...I meant "you" in the generic sense, not "you" as in shrxfn. And your post was quoted mainly because I believe it was the latest in the off topic Thalidomide fork.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    All I can tell yall is because of Thalidomde, I only had a daugther for 3 days;;;; on another note, tho, I suppose none of yall are gonna give up your guns when ordered to do so huh, i mean its easier than wearing a mask and having to get shots for a diesease with a 98% survivability rate

I'm sorry you lost a child. But your loss does not make the comparison equivalent.

So if that 98% can be increased, should we try to increase it? Or is a 2% death rate good enough? And the vaccine is not mandatory. It's voluntary.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I think you have your drugs wrong; checking google does not show Thalodimide every used to treat Leprosy

It was. I remember dispensing it back in the day, but it's restricted now in the US. Was used for multiple myeloma, leprosy and sores etc associated with immune diseases like HIV.

Cbzr1107

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 7, 2018
    Covington
    Here's a pretty good read on how the vaccine was made so quickly: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/ar...vid-19-vaccine-so-quickly#Other-coronaviruses

In all fairness, I just searched, read the article and knew I'd read similar reports elsewhere and posted it here. I didn't bother researching the opposite and look in to the conspiracy side of it.

I can appreciate and understand the hesitation to get the vaccine. I was the same way at first. It's new. It's scary. Big pharma and the government is driven by money. I get all that.

That said I've had my 2nd shot almost a month now. I'm 38, in good physical shape, and pretty healthy. My medical folder looks like those who are in service for only a couple years, not almost 18. The 1st shot just lead to a little arm soreness. The 2nd shot I felt under the weather the next day and was good after that. An elderly couple I know well got their shots and they had no side effects. Long story short it affects everyone differently.

Do masks work? I don't know. My thought is that they do. I know you can find articles both for and against them working. I guess I figure if doctors before COVID wore them then they must do SOME good.

If I was a 30 year smoker, obese, and/or had other health issues that lead to me having a hard time breathing I could see where wearing a mask would be a pain or inconvenience. As it stands, most people can breathe just fine. Stop crying about it and suck it up buttercup. You'll live. Women put up with far worse day in and day out yet you pretend to be so tough? Sure. Ok buddy. It's funny how so called "Christians" are so unwilling to even try to help their fellow man. Not here, but everywhere. Every excuse in the book for not doing so. My body my choice huh? Where have I heard that before? Lol. I'm not religious, although was raised Baptist, just an observation.

Y'all stay safe out there.

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I got the vaccine in January. Did both doses myself. I was originally planning to hold off on getting the vaccine since age wise my chances of dying was slim. Then one of the co-owners of my pharmacy died. He was the healthiest person I knew of his age. Healthier than I am, works out daily etc. And literally contracted the virus, and it spiraled downhill mighty quick. B/c of that, it put me over the edge. I figure if he could die with ZERO co-morbidities, I can definitely die. So if a free shot would increase my chance of survival with a 35%+ chance of fever, muscle ache and chills would prevent me from leaving my kids fatherless. So be it, here I am 2 months later, no third eye or anything.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Had to get mine for work/travel. Especially if they say you need it to get on a plane in the future.

Second shot knocked me on my ass. I felt like absolute crap and slept for 18 hours.

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    I love it when people cut and paste all that gobbledygook from the "official gub-mint disease fighting superheros website" and expect to get some kind of "ooooh, now I'm a believer, Rosco ...Ima git me dat dare in-jek-shun!" reaction. Nah, that's the same clan that in May last year were commingling totally different lab data so they could steer the sheeple toward the squeeze chutes. I'm sure they actually have some of the nation's finest scientists employed, but the science they present will be manipulated by the head cheese. Just like the EPA, FDA and all the other three letter acronymsicals...

"The agency confirmed to The Atlantic on Wednesday that it is mixing the results of viral and antibody tests, even though the two tests reveal different information and are used for different reasons." (copied)

I'll take the Atlantic for media facts over the CDC's "guidance" any day. Actually I have wholly ignored every smattering of televised or online yackety yack and follow the FLCCC https://covid19criticalcare.com

IMO the only answer to the question of vaccinate or not is have a discussion with your physician and then make a decision.

Best to everyone -needlers, non-needlers and everyone in between and on the outer limits.

Last edited:

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    I got the vaccine in January. Did both doses myself. I was originally planning to hold off on getting the vaccine since age wise my chances of dying was slim. Then one of the co-owners of my pharmacy died. He was the healthiest person I knew of his age. Healthier than I am, works out daily etc. And literally contracted the virus, and it spiraled downhill mighty quick. B/c of that, it put me over the edge. I figure if he could die with ZERO co-morbidities, I can definitely die. So if a free shot would increase my chance of survival with a 35%+ chance of fever, muscle ache and chills would prevent me from leaving my kids fatherless. So be it, here I am 2 months later, no third eye or anything.

I would've done the same thing you did -that had to be a hard thing to witness. Sorry man.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I would've done the same thing you did -that had to be a hard thing to witness. Sorry man.

It's crazy. I've been giving the vaccine for 3 months now. I follow up with patients regularly. Overall fever/chills is the most common. I've had 1 guy out of 100's that had fever for multiple days. It's not a large sample, and too soon to see long term effects. But its also 1 step closer to feeling normal. I will say this, some of the people getting the vaccine are VERY grateful. Had the cutest little kids drop off food for the pharmacy after hearing our story on the news.

https://www.nola.com/news/coronavirus/article_4a0bdda6-6fba-11eb-a533-f31bae66434c.html

Last edited:

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    It's crazy. I've been giving the vaccine for 3 months now. I follow up with patients regularly. Overall fever/chills is the most common. I've had 1 guy out of 100's that had fever for multiple days. It's not a large sample, and too soon to see long term effects. But its also 1 step closer to feeling normal. I will say this, some of the people getting the vaccine are VERY grateful. Had the cutest little kids drop off food for the pharmacy after hearing our story on the news.

Thank you for doing what you do -especially the following up part. That's the care part of healthcare. Good night brother.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Like I said earlier , my Mom passed from covid related pneumonia . We were at her bedside , although we were suited up like the rest of the medical staff . She had a DNR and a Living Will so she was not on a ventilator , just a type of CPAP mask giving her oxygen . We made the decision to remove the mask and let her go . It didn't take 30 minutes . It kind of changed the way I looked at this situation . That could have been me or my wife . It wasn't a TV story or an Internet / Facebook argument anymore . I didn't care who was in the White House or what the media was reporting . I got the shot and I'm at peace with my decision . Don't call me a sheeple . I had a motivation that I don't wish on anybody else . If you don't want the vaccination , I understand . You be you and I'll respect that . I'm done rambling . Ya'll have a good day .

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Like I said earlier , my Mom passed from covid related pneumonia . We were at her bedside , although we were suited up like the rest of the medical staff . She had a DNR and a Living Will so she was not on a ventilator , just a type of CPAP mask giving her oxygen . We made the decision to remove the mask and let her go . It didn't take 30 minutes . It kind of changed the way I looked at this situation . That could have been me or my wife . It wasn't a TV story or an Internet / Facebook argument anymore . I didn't care who was in the White House or what the media was reporting . I got the shot and I'm at peace with my decision . Don't call me a sheeple . I had a motivation that I don't wish on anybody else . If you don't want the vaccination , I understand . You be you and I'll respect that . I'm done rambling . Ya'll have a good day .

I know someone who's Mom died from it and still thinks it's fake. Crazy

I watched my Mom die last year from a non covid thing, I know it's tough man.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    I've seen COVID tear up a few people in my life. One friend still has no sense of taste/smell after 2 months and another had to be hospitalized and was on a ventilator and is still having trouble breathing. I don't want that crap to happen to me. Got my first shot at Oschner yesterday. Was easy to sign up, had my pick of which vaccine I wanted, was in and out in under 30 minutes. No side effects other than a sore arm. Do I worry about long term side effects? Well yea, you'd be foolish not to. It's up to you to decide which is worse though. Sure you might not die from COVID but you might suffer for the rest of your life after having it.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

That’s tough man and I hate to read that. I am friends with my doctor and talked to him on several occasions about the vaccine. I had my mind made up to not get it but he convinced me. He told me I was probably at no risk of severe complications from it but because of my profession I could give it to my parents who were at risk. I ended up going with my dad and got my first shot when he got his. I know if it’s your time it’s your time but as the old joke goes, if your in a flood don’t turn down the boats god sends you.

It’s none of my business if anyone else gets it but to call those that do “sheeple” is a little foolish. But to each his own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I just lick a dab of Ivermectin, Kicks wuhan 19's butt.

Yall do realize 2023 there will be another mass hysteria virus thingy out of China in order to insure mail in voting ?

Gives you the strong urge to lick your own body parts I bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1bullseyebum
    Top Bottom